Lock Screen Options Greyed Out

walterwood44

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I have a Sprint GS3 and want to put the camera icon on my lock screen and I have my phone to unlock with a pattern. When I go to Settings -> Security the Lock Screen Option line is greyed out.

If I reset the security to Swipe then Lock Screen Options are available but then I have no security.

Any suggestions or work arounds to get the camera icon on the lock screen?

Thanks!

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I would guess this is by design. Clicking on the camera would unlock the phone...so there's no security if you put it on the screen.

so you can have icons/shortcuts on the screen or security, not both.

kdttaz

May 3, 2011
Visit site
You could also temporarily remove security to change the options to what you want, and then re-enable the security. The changes will stick. You will only be able to use them, though, if you have a delay between screen blackout and lock set (or something like that).

Jacob Varghese

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Make sure you dont have an exchange account (or something similar that requires strong security settings) , enabled on the phone.This would disable the relatively weaker screen lock options like face detect nd pattern.only pin or password works.

mssca

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Unlock it first then choose no security option. Go back and choose any of the security options and hopefully this will work. If you are using your company issued phone, then this may not be possible.

Posted using Samsung GS III

Cody Chen

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
i went to setting>security>clear credentials and removed all certificiates and my swipe is not gray out anymore.
hope this help....

i have a Samsung-SGH-I337

jamiejackosiris

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site
I know this is an old thread post, but i came across thia issue. Had 3 of my Screen Lock options greyed out / disabled, only having PIN and Password as options to choose from. I saw in a post that if clearing the credentials via Security that it may/would resolve issue...
I tried it by Clearing Credentials and then went to Lock Screen and ALL available lock screen options were active again ready to be selected. Thanks to the original poster who posted the "fix"/solution for this issue! Definitely works!
I'm on an LG G3s...

Thanks again...

Dr4gonkiller96

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
i know this is an old thread... but after so much frustration, and looking around to enable widgets on my lockscreen and multiwindow as well as these were both disabled and greyed out, i tried clearing the credentials but these were greyed out as well. so i decided to look on youtube found a video and it said disable EASY MODE. i went into my settings disabled easy mode, and all these options were no longer grayed out, and i could use multiwindow, add widgets and add a personal message. so everyone have a look if this is enabled, if it is disable it. but my otions to change lockscreen type were still there before so i could change to swipe, pin, password, pattern etc. but couldn't customise it with those options once selected, so IMO try my idea

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci