Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Lock Screen Options Greyed Out

I have a Sprint GS3 and want to put the camera icon on my lock screen and I have my phone to unlock with a pattern. When I go to Settings -> Security the Lock Screen Option line is greyed out.

If I reset the security to Swipe then Lock Screen Options are available but then I have no security.

Any suggestions or work arounds to get the camera icon on the lock screen?

Thanks!

I would guess this is by design. Clicking on the camera would unlock the phone...so there's no security if you put it on the screen.

so you can have icons/shortcuts on the screen or security, not both.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Default Re: Lock Screen Options Greyed Out

plenty of 3rd party lockscreen apps will give u the option m8

You could also temporarily remove security to change the options to what you want, and then re-enable the security. The changes will stick. You will only be able to use them, though, if you have a delay between screen blackout and lock set (or something like that).

I want to change my lock screen pin to the pattern pin and its greyed out any help?

Quote Originally Posted by Charmaine Gentle View Post
    I want to change my lock screen pin to the pattern pin and its greyed out any help?
    Did you try turning off pin first, and then going back fresh and enabling pattern?

Make sure you dont have an exchange account (or something similar that requires strong security settings) , enabled on the phone.This would disable the relatively weaker screen lock options like face detect nd pattern.only pin or password works.

Global Posts
    2,989 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Unlock it first then choose no security option. Go back and choose any of the security options and hopefully this will work. If you are using your company issued phone, then this may not be possible.

Posted using Samsung GS III
    http://sanuja.com | SGH-I747M

i went to setting>security>clear credentials and removed all certificiates and my swipe is not gray out anymore.
    hope this help....

i have a Samsung-SGH-I337

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Chen View Post
    i went to setting>security>clear credentials and removed all certificiates and my swipe is not gray out anymore.
    hope this help....

i have a Samsung-SGH-I337
    Help, clearing security credentials also greyed out for me ):

My clearing security credentials are also greyed out... did you find a solution?