Anyone know how to save pics from a text?

adelcastillo78

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
What ^ said... instead on pressing on the picture so is full screen. Press and hold on the picture in the message list. You'll get the option to save it

drmaf894c

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Long pressing on the message with the picture as it was sent will allow you to save the attachment. It does work, for me at least.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Android Central Forums

Shadowtc

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Open the message, click the menu button, then click save attachment

That should work as that's how I save all my attachment from messages

Sent from my Galaxy SIII on Ultimatum Rom and OC using Tapatalk 2

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Long pressing on the message with the picture as it was sent will allow you to save the attachment. It does work, for me at least.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Android Central Forums

This is how. Don't click the pick to open in.. Just pretend it's text that your trying to highlight to copy.. Then when the menu is up do the save as attachment.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

anitamid1

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Saving pics from text messages. I understand long hold, followed by a list of options, one being save attachment. Where does the picture get saved? It's not appearing in my gallery or on my camera. I'd like to know how to save pics from text messages to my gallery.

Denisew 1972

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
When you click on "save attachment" make sure you click to check it when prompted then hit save. It will be in your gallery.

Posted via Android Central App

Michael Williams28

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
Yes, I do : go to the text message .. choose the image .. now hold the image until the drop down screen appears .. Now chose your request .. A few of these other guys had the answer but they did not write it correctly for the average person to comprehend.