Go SMS Pro Double Notification (same app)

cmw042

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Hey there! Just switched over from being a long time iPhone user and I am having some troubles with Go SMS Pro.

I enabled the group messaging and MMS options (group messaging is working fine), but whenever someone in the group thread replies, I get a notification that they have replied and that reply contains nothing. Not but 1 to 2 seconds later I get another notification from the group thread and it shows up there. I have disabled notifications from the default messaging app and all that fun stuff. I have no idea on why this is happening and I am turning to you guys for some help.

Thanks so much! :)

- Colin

cmw042

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Where you can see and reply to all the people in one text thread, instead of replying to one person at a time. It just makes talking between groups of people much easier. This is a really strange problem that I'm having

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I love GO SMS Pro! Much better than the stock messaging app. However I do not have this issue. Is it everytime you get an SMS?

Also have you disabled the WHOLE stock messaging app? So that its not running at all?

Menu Button > App Management > Scroll to the stock messaging app > Disable...

That might fix it. Let me know if this helps at all.

cmw042

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I have the stock messaging application disabled already. If the screenshot attachment works, it comes up with this before notifying me in the group thread itself. If it doesn't work, it's just a picture of the notification I get before it moves the message into the group thread. It's just a blank text that contains nothing.

If it helps any, it's converting messages to MMS before it sends.

lv2bsilly

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for the quick double post, new to thus website and android phones in general.

Mine does this as well but unfortunately I don't have a fix for it. I usually don't use the group sms . It deliveries replies from group sms' this way even if you don't have the group chat enabled. It is quite annoying.

cmw042

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
It's doing it for MMS mainly. For normal SMS texts or conversations with one other person work fine, as I only get one notification for those. It's just the group ones that I get this event for. I have a slight feeling that it is doing this because of MMS, but I'm not positive.

Sankentris

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I too have the same problem. It's the delay that sucks. Usually I only get that when people send me pictures though. Definitely weird but not that bad. What drives me nuts is when people send me texts and pics in same message and I get them in the stock app as a slide show.

ortam

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Yup, have this same issue. It's funny, because this basically only happens because my friends all have iPhones, and the group MMS is an iPhone only thing and makes it a pain in the butt for us Android folks!

EeZeEpEe

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Actually MMS is the work around to get the group text to work. It works fine for me and very quick. I actually turned off pop-up notification because I don't like them in general but the main problem for me is that I get alerted twice. Cause the first alert is getting the text from the individual person then the second is that message getting moved to the group.

zoyano

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I just switched to Gosms from Handcent (again) and I'm seeing this issue as well. It is only doing this when group texts come in. I suspect it is how Gosms is recognizing the texts and them moving them to the group, but it's annoying to get two separate notifications. I did not have this issue with Handcent group texts, but I was tired of their interface. Hope it gets addressed soon!

ShockG911

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Hey there! Just switched over from being a long time iPhone user and I am having some troubles with Go SMS Pro.

I enabled the group messaging and MMS options (group messaging is working fine), but whenever someone in the group thread replies, I get a notification that they have replied and that reply contains nothing. Not but 1 to 2 seconds later I get another notification from the group thread and it shows up there. I have disabled notifications from the default messaging app and all that fun stuff. I have no idea on why this is happening and I am turning to you guys for some help.

Thanks so much! :)

- Colin

Anyone find a solution for this?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I only used Go SMS briefly, but I seem to recall that you were supposed to disable the OEM app, or maybe there was an option in Go SMS to disable the stock app. I dont' remember for sure, but check the instructions for Go SMS.

dlinares90

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I only used Go SMS briefly, but I seem to recall that you were supposed to disable the OEM app, or maybe there was an option in Go SMS to disable the stock app. I dont' remember for sure, but check the instructions for Go SMS.

It's an app-specific issue that needs to be resolved by the GO team. I had the same issue, but quickly realized that the stock SMS app handles group chat quite well.

rrcn

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Bump. Anyone find a fix yet? I have the same problem. The stock messenger app is disabled, in case that wasnt clear.

MietteTran

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
So I came up with a "fix." I am in small class/squad with about 10 people (8 with iphones) and they like to share information through group messaging. They send a least 20 text a day (often unprofessional conversation.... that I don't really care for). The double notification drove me insane but I didn't want to miss out on important information that was sometime put out. What you can do is to silence the first notification and set "individual setting" for all the individuals in your group chat.

>Settings
>Advanced
>Individual Settings
>Add
>(Add all indviduals in that group text.)
>Okay

Change the Notification Setting - Select ringtone to Silent and Turn off Vibrate. (I unchecked all the boxes)

This is not a fix, however it stops the annoying double notification. You should only get "one notification" since the other one is on silent.

I changed the notification icon to a different color so I can tell when I am about to recieve a text from someone in the group. The only con is if you have individual sms from someone in that group, you won't know about that text instantly because they are on the "silence" setting. I check my phone often, so when I do get that different notification icon, I know that someone from the group had sms me seperately.

If you don't really have a social relationship with the folks in your group and only communicate with those.individuals through group chat This solution works pretty well. I do feel like this is a very easy fix for the programmers. Wish they would listen to their users and do something about it. Hope this helps.

TT

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae