Won't Charge over USB in car

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
just be careful with the foil clumsy big-thumbed folk :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Nelsonleo

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guru,

I am having an anoying problem with my Galaxy S phone. The phone can only be charged through USB port from either a PC or laptop. But it won't charge when I connect to Wall charge (AC adaptor). It's just oppsite what you guys described here. I did a factory reset and I switched battery with a same model phone, nothing got changed.

do you have any ideas?

Thanks a lot.....

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry to come so late to the party, but I want to note that the actual problem may be in the cable. Some micro-USB cables are actually 5-pin cables, and some are 4-pin cables (however many pins they seem to have, only 4 are working). Some of the cheap cables are 5-pin cables; some of the premium cables are 4-pin cables. The fifth pin is a device-identification line, and some devices require that. (Trying a series of 4-pin cables won't resolve this problem.)

MetalHeadMom

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Ok, I've tried 3 cigarette lighter chargers - INCLUDING the Samsung brand recommended for my S4. I use a Samsung phone for my job that stays in my car all day, it charges using either of my 2 outlets. My S4 charges using my house plugs - just not in my car. W T HECK???

YeomenYoYo

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
Recently, I faced the same problem of not being able to charge my Andriod phones using USB cable in the car.
For 3 years, same cable was functioning fine till this week! Could it be caused by the software upgrades the phones had?
If so, can this problem be resolved ?

Kris Ashford

Jun 24, 2016
Visit site
My wife and I have Galaxy S6 phones and neither will charge in our vehicles. We both have good chargers, however when plugged on both phones they go in and out of charge status. I am lost at trying to get them to work properly. I would appreciate your help.

Kris Ashford

Jun 24, 2016
Visit site
My wife and I phones will not charge in our vehicles, Galaxy S6 we both us the best chargers available and when plugged in they both go off and on charge status constantly when plugged in.

Aussie Bloke

Jul 23, 2016
Visit site
Ok. I found a possible solution!
I had exact same problem with my S6.
I tried different chargers-genuine and non genuine, different amps, different cars and no solution.
UNTIL, i bought a $10 wireless charging pad. Plugged it into the cigarette lighter plug and NO go. BUT when i plugged it into the usb port in my car IT WORKED!!!
YAY!!!

Anyone else having this problem try my solution.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome