New update

amazin1988

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I've seen people posting that they are getting a new update sprint users only I still haven't got one do I call in or just wait

iTz Young Amazed

LadiJae

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I have ATT and my husband got it, but I haven't received it yet

~Jae, Tap'n on my White Samsung Galaxy S3~

YBCold

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Factory reset. Should bring your phone back to how it was out of the box. Usually this will prompt any updates required .

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
There appear to be two updates going out right now.

1) is for the international Galaxy S3 and it returns universal search to those devices:
Samsung restores local search on international Galaxy S3 with new OTA | Android Central

2) is for the USA LTE Galaxy S3 (Sprint Only ATM) and has a list of fixes:
Sprint rolling out another update for the Samsung Galaxy S3 | Android Central

Factory reset. Should bring your phone back to how it was out of the box. Usually this will prompt any updates required .

I just completed a factory reset of my AT&T Galaxy S3 and it did not "downgrade" my phone. I had installed the OTA update CALG1 a few weeks ago and after the factory reset I was still on that version, not downgraded to CALEM.

EDIT: Wow I just noticed if you submit a post with Galaxy "S III" in it, the forum automatically changes it to "Galaxy S3".

Last edited:

amazin1988

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Yea I heard its a five day roll out but every time I check all the forums I'm on everyone else seem to be getting them I'm not rooted I have stock recovery and I will not factory reset cause I'll lose money to certain apps I put money on

iTz Young Amazed

NickLippert

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Yea I heard its a five day roll out but every time I check all the forums I'm on everyone else seem to be getting them I'm not rooted I have stock recovery and I will not factory reset cause I'll lose money to certain apps I put money on

iTz Young Amazed

Can't you just redownload them? I switched phones and all my paid apps showed up for free download.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site

iTz Young Amazed

The apps belong to you and your Google account (not your phone). You just re-download them for free after a wipe.

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Is this the update that restores universal search on AT&T GS3?

Nope. The universal search update is for international only.

There would probably need to be a change in the patent litigation status in the US before we get a change...and we'll hear about that well before we get the update, I'd assume.

amazin1988

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
No I paid money in certain games to get stuff if I factory reset I lose my money but I got the other updates so why would I do a factory reset anyways

iTz Young Amazed

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1