Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By ansextra
  • 1 Post By Rev2010
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Replacement S3 has problems also

We replaced my wifes S3 yesterday because of battery and freezing mail. The new one wont scroll after it is wakes up. If you go to check mail, facebook or anything that you can swipe your finger up and down to scroll, it wont. You have to close the program and scroll again.

Not happy with the S3 so far. Mine is good. She had 4 bad Evo's also. Two of them never left the store.

By the way, There is a setting you cna do that backs up your phone to google, did not see anything other than email, calendar and contacts. They are on google anyway. Dont see how that is called backing up. AT&T rep also thought it would backup phone settings. Not!, at least in my case.

Done venting.

Robert

Default Re: Replacement S3 has problems also

lol... so your S3 is working fine... your wife's S3 is not. But your wife also had 4 "bad" HTC phones before this??? Is there something your wife is doing to the phones? lol

Quote Originally Posted by robh2 View Post
    We replaced my wifes S3 yesterday because of battery and freezing mail. The new one wont scroll after it is wakes up. If you go to check mail, facebook or anything that you can swipe your finger up and down to scroll, it wont. You have to close the program and scroll again.

Not happy with the S3 so far. Mine is good. She had 4 bad Evo's also. Two of them never left the store.

By the way, There is a setting you cna do that backs up your phone to google, did not see anything other than email, calendar and contacts. They are on google anyway. Dont see how that is called backing up. AT&T rep also thought it would backup phone settings. Not!, at least in my case.

Done venting.

Robert
    Regarding backing up to Google. They are "on google anyway" BECAUSE THEY SYNC to Google. That's what backing up is. Syncing to another location. What is your definition of backing up?
    Rev2010 and Roboticz like this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Not anything she is doing. Some of them dont even leave the store from the salesmans hands. She is a magnet for this stuff.

If someone says my phones settings are backed up, I think that my ringtones and other settings. Since apps, mail, calendar and contacts are all so easy, its the settings that take forever to go through to make the phone yours.

Sorry... but things like what ringtone you are using are not backed up. Your programs, information and data are...

Quote Originally Posted by robh2 View Post
    Some of them dont even leave the store from the salesmans hands. She is a magnet for this stuff.
    I don't mean to be a downer or sound like I believe in bad mojo, cause I don't but I truly do have to wonder sometimes. I am an IT Tech for a living and I've seen a trend with certain users that truly has me wondering if they simply have "bad tech mojo"!! I have certain attorneys in my firm that have problems with ANYTHING electrical, no joke. Their firm machines die or have problems, their personal iPhones or Blackberry's also have odd problems or failures, and even their home machines have problems. We have others that never have any issues but there are a small handful that have issues with anything and everything electronic they touch. They've even said themselves at times, "I just have no luck with technology gadgets".

If she had 4 bad Evo's something seems off here. And your phone is fine but two of the one's she's owned/tried are both jacked up? Weird. My phone works wonderfully outside of the one or two small quirks I've posted about but are issues that can be resolved in a future update.

In regards to backup, please take a step back and think about what you're expecting. Phone settings?? Every phone is different, not only are there different manufacturers using custom interfaces but there are different OS revisions. Settings are not something that is going to get backed up because they simply won't translate over to a new device. Might be possible with iPhones since they have a standardized model/OS, but I don't even think the settings are carried over either, and I had an iPhone 3G for two years. IMO, contacts and calendar are the important things to backup because rentering that data would be a tremendous nightmare. And emails drop down simply even without a backup, just fetch them. Lastly, backing up other data like 32GB of movies or music just isn't feasible wirelessly over Google Sync.

Rev.
    Galaxy S3
    Ubuntu Linux 10.04
    IT Tech
    Thanked by:
    brava27 likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

But my expectations for the backup were set by AT&T when they told me what was backed up. lol...

She has the worst luck with stuff. Like I said, three of new phones were messed up before they even made it into her hands. 2 never made it out of the reps hands before they were jacked up.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

She is now on her third S3. It seems to be working but kept getting "Unfortunately the process.com.google.process.gapps has stopped." Looked at other posts and they all pointed to internet and syncing contacts with google. I installed Chrome and the problem went away. So far the 3rd phone is now working ok. Battery is doing good, it scrolls and is fast. Fingers crossed.