Galaxy S3 to Xbox 360 DLNA

christinaarocks

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I have the answer, you need no adapters.

your xbox has to be wifi and on the same network as your phone, in music player top left click the button, click xbox and voila!

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else loving the new smart glass xbox app? It's fast and snappy

Download it from the play store

I used to use physical buttons, and then I found button savior
-S. T. C

Sent from my rooted, debloated CM10 jelly bean 4.1.2 Samsung Galaxy S3 #LikeABo$$

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1351301502092.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351301502092.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 67

hunterx82

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else loving the new smart glass xbox app? It's fast and snappy

Download it from the play store

-S. T. C

I am very new to Android - in fact I get my SG3 in a few days - but are you actually controlling your xbox UI with your phone??? That's awesome. Is your xbox a new or old one--or does it even matter???

hunterx82

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Imediashare works perfectly on my galaxy SIII. I enabled all the options for nearby devices. On my xbox, I went to system music player.

((xbox guide button, media, system music player, then selected the option that said I media and my device name. It had all my songs AND play list already set.))

I'm literally playing ghost recon, playing music from my phone in my xbox and posting this.

You're using just iMediashare to control your xbox? What's the difference between that and the Xbox smartglass someone mentioned a few posts down? Also, does that iMediashare app allow you to stream your phone's music to the xbox or were you just controlling music on your xbox or a shared PC to it?

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I am very new to Android - in fact I get my SG3 in a few days - but are you actually controlling your xbox UI with your phone??? That's awesome. Is your xbox a new or old one--or does it even matter???

Yea, its speed is pretty decent, scrolling across tabs is annoying but using it for netflix works good

I have an old xbox

-S. T. C

Sent from my rooted, debloated CM10 jelly bean 4.1.2 Samsung Galaxy S3 #LikeABo$$

Olek

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I use ArkMC for my Xbox, the only thing you have to go to Media Center. From there you can access other servers in your network and play just from there.
My galaxy tab finds Xbox very fast, had no problems so far.

Tobias Petersen

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi.
The xbox isnt dlna certified (though it may have become with the new big update,.though i believe they are using their own technology instead called smartglass).
What you did with your droidx was probably connecting it to your computer featuring windows media center. This can forward the dlna connection to your xbox 360.

All the best

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Yup the new update let's you control the 360 with smartglass, it doesn't work in game obviously though but still its quite useful when you lose your controller.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Brian S 78

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I got this to work on my"old" white Xbox and my brand new SG3. I am the type that is good at playing around with my toys to figure stuff out but am not an expert. That being said, I can watch videos, view pics and listen to music from my phone on my Xbox. Here is how my Xbox is set up and what I did on my phone:

1.Xbox is connected to a wireless router via Ethernet power line adapters. Not sure if that matters any in regards to this issue
2.i did at first manually plug my phone into my Xbox via USB. It took a while, but the Xbox did acknowledge my phone. Again, not saying this had anything to do with my success, just sayn'.
3. On night, while looking at my pictures on my sg3 , I saw the option to "scan for nearby devices". I then noticed that instead of the option to start a sideshow, that area was replaced with an icon of a tv monitor with an arrow going into and out of it. I pressed it, looked up (my xbox main dashboard was up at the time) and the picture loaded for 3seconds and appeared!
4.it dawned on my the next night that I might be able to play music as well. Same thing. I went into the phone's default music player, hit the phone's menu, tapped scan for nearby devices, and the monitor with two arrows popped up to the left of the song title (my icon also has 1in it probably b/c I have only one compatible device).

Also worth noting, my setting-wireless network-more settings-nearby devices setting is not even turned on!

Hope this helps

b8er1234

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Stumbled across this yesterday after looking how to get videos from my s3 to my xbox 360 ( newer one) and it can be done. All I did was install imedia share lite on my phone. connected my phone to same wifi network as the xbox. opened imedia share then you go to personal then select my videos, choose whqt video then it will come up with xbox, select xbox n thats it. you dont even need to turn on dnla

TBONE1826

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I have the Galaxy S3 and use imediashare to stream to my xbox 360
As soon as you open imediashare it should pop up on your xbox screen

Garret Hinojosa

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
You need to download imediashare lite, then turn on your Xbox. Once your Xbox is on, Go to the "video" tab and choose "my video apps". You should then see an option that says "system video player." Choose that options, and then your phone should be an option for you to choose. Then go to your phone, Open the App, and choose the song you want.

FletchField

May 21, 2013
Visit site
There is a small symbol at the top of the music player, pictures and video player that looks like a computer screen with an arrow (see picture). I pushed that and it will send any media you are using on the S3 to your xbox. And I have a very old xbox (white 1st gen). Hope that helps.

Attachments

• 2013-05-20 17.10.37.jpg
    2013-05-20 17.10.37.jpg
    287.6 KB · Views: 14

kobosuga

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
You can always connect if you are on the same network as the Xbox (connect your phone to wifi) and you use Samsung's music application (also works with videos). Just press the share button in the top left hand corner.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
You can always connect if you are on the same network as the Xbox (connect your phone to wifi) and you use Samsung's music application (also works with videos). Just press the share button in the top left hand corner.

Same thing the guy directly above u said, lol

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy s3 running Liquid Smooth v2.7 with a 7000mah extended battery powered by ZeroLemon... Because I'm not a chick, a guy with dainty hands or an HTC one user :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC