Normal battery drain % per hour: what are you getting?

pcguys

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
If you're one of those users that leave the phone on doing nothing so they can show orf an extremely high screen shot, it is.

But if you actually use your phone, then don't expect more than 12 hours of usage

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 on T-Mobile! goodbye Sprint!

I smiled when I saw your sig about leaving sprint.

2 years ago I loved sprint when I left ATT because they were dropping all my iphone calls.

I just went back to ATT because they really improved their network in Philly (I did lots of testing with my friend's iphone 4S before I switched back).

Sprint downloads degraded soo much in the last year. I was getting only like 87 kbps down.

On ATT I'm getting 2-5 megs down on HSPA+ pretty much all the time!

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I smiled when I saw your sig about leaving sprint.

2 years ago I loved sprint when I left ATT because they were dropping all my iphone calls.

I just went back to ATT because they really improved their network in Philly (I did lots of testing with my friend's iphone 4S before I switched back).

Sprint downloads degraded soo much in the last year. I was getting only like 87 kbps down.

On ATT I'm getting 2-5 megs down on HSPA+ pretty much all the time!

Yeah it's disgusting how Sprint's speeds have downgraded.

At this point now I wish I stayed, they actually rolled out LTE here and I could have had this phone on LTE.

When I get a new job and some money though I will be paying the termination ETF and coming back.

I miss Sprint.

Can't get a GOOD signal in my home with at&t, t-mobile, but Sprint and Verizon were exceptional in this aspect.

I guess it's the advantage of CDMA.

but I do like the versatility of gsm in the fact that I can switch a SIM and not worry about the carrier.

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III on T-Mobile! goodbye Sprint!

azharisadig

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Iam using my phone mainly for internet and calling.. here is my battery usage after 11 hours and 38 m. Also when it reach 4?...
2ef0307a-81b8-f384.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

pcguys

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, that looks similar to what I got last night with 4 hours of screen time.

4452a5b3-d83b-739e.jpg

---Sent from the most advanced android mobile super-computer on the planet: the Samsung Galaxy S3 on AT&T, featuring simultaneous voice & data and speedy 4G!!!

Wnrgway

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
When I have a good signal I lose about 1-2% per hour on idle. When I leave work after a 9 hour workday with minimal use I'm generally at 80%.

Of course on rare occassions, like this morning, the phone wakes itself up and the screen stays on until I put it to sleep manually. It happened this morning and I burned through 20% in a couple hours. The only reason I noticed was the heat from the phone in my pocket.

GalaxyOnyxWitch

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
For myself, using Juice Defender (it controls my wifi and other settings when phone is in deep sleep mode), I get maybe 2% drop in 6-8 hours standby mode.

I am also pretty anal about ensuring all of my tasks are closed when I charge the phone. When I wake sometimes in the middle of the night and the phone is charged, I unplug it. So far JD has been pretty good for controlling the sync features during the night.

During the day is different of course, it all depends on what I am using. I have not had to go to bed with the phone being below 38% since I have owned it.

On average I can get 12-18 hours and still have the battery at around the 50% mark.

_OMEGA_

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Here is my all-time best so far with the phone. I'm sure I could have maxed it out more too.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

bgl321

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I haven't really been measuring but felt like it should be better. I finally did earlier...
-Nothing is set to sync
-All power saver options are on
-Facebook updates are every 2 hours
-wifi on

And I dropped 5% in an hour only replying to 1 text... the phone was just sitting there the rest of the time. That seems like a lot to me. Anyone else?

Last edited:

delly86

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
download a app call battery monitor and runing it i should be 1% 2 hours standby.with lte on or wifi on. i don't turn off as least there it poor signal area

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I am down to 50-100% drainage per hour.
There's something rotten in Denmark: either your battery is totally shot or you have some really jacked up apps running. If the battery is over 18 months or so consider getting a replacement. If you're sure the battery isn't at fault try wiping the system cache in Recovery mode and then perform a Factory Reset.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Dahley

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
My SGS3 is rooted and runs Cyanogenmod 11 using Android 4.4.4. At normal use my battery drains at 5,2% per hour and that's about the same when the screen is turned off. Overnight the battery dies completely when not charging. I first thought that it was the battery itself causing trouble, but the new battery that I bought does exactly the same.. The old battery was about 16 months old. Does anyone know how to fix this? I remember that when I bought the phone it did about 1% every 2 hours in standby. By the way, It has a clean, rooted 4.4.4 kitkat rom.
My battery stats are completely normal, no excessive 'being awake' status and no anormal wakelocks happening. Google location services are turned off because those kill the battery within an hour. WiFi is also turned off, my data connection is turned on. and GPS is off, only on when I need it which is about an hour every week.

aaronfranke

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
My LG G4's battery drains at about 20% per hour with the screen off. The phone is constantly burning hot and I'm lucky to get 5 hours of battery life.

tbstroken

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting 4 to 8 percent per hour on normal usage on s7 edge Oreo official, with over 150 apps installed, getting standby time up to 29 hours on 2k resolution Screenshot_20200706-112250_AccuBattery.jpgScreenshot_20200706-112303_AccuBattery.jpg