App icons re-arrange themselves in folder ??

Bullfrog1337

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I have neatly arranged my apps in folders. However when I reboot my phone they re-arrange themselves. I can't figure out how to make it stop. Has anyone seen this before?
Please help. It's driving me nuts.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

alan sh

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Mine doesn't do that (and I have re-arranged one folder deliberately). I've done a reboot and also a s/w update and the folder order has not changed.

Alan

TeeX

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I have neatly arranged my apps in folders. However when I reboot my phone they re-arrange themselves. I can't figure out how to make it stop. Has anyone seen this before?
Please help. It's driving me nuts.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

yup. This happens to me every time I reboot. I never know where my icons will be when I open a folder.

This was one of the main reasons I switched to Nova Launcher. Nova is alot snappier with more ability to customize anyway.

Bullfrog1337

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Yes, its just the home screen folders i was referring to not the actual app drawer.
When they re-arrange on reboot, its not necessarily in alphabetical order.
It appears they re-arrange to the original order that I dropped them in the folder.

ejohnnyk

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Items in the homescreen folders will always revert to the order in which you placed them in the folder. Totally sucks. If you want the items in a particular order, place the icons in the folder in that order.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

barryl85

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
think the op is talking about home-screen folders though mate

Yip he sure is and mine does it too, my app drawer is already on customisable grid !

Its annoying but its not the end of the world, I hope they fix it as I like things to be where I put them for easy access.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
just tried moving them around in Go Launcher and the apps stayed to wherever i moved them to in the folder after reboot so thats an option

walcolm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
This only happens on my last app screen..a few apps seem to change position and android central app is one of them:D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

ejohnnyk

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Items in the homescreen folders will always revert to the order in which you placed them in the folder. Totally sucks. If you want the items in a particular order, place the icons in the folder in that order.

It's totally true and it totally sucks. But instead of rebuilding all my folders I decided not to be my usual anal self and deal. It's like a self intervention.

rexxman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Solved for Verizon GS III

Discovered by Accident.

1 Reboot.

2. Open Folder.
(Drat, order has changed!)

3. Add any App to folder
(open App Drawer and drag ANY app icon to the folder).

4. Re-open folder.

5. Your welcome.

Observed first and then verified with a few reboots on Verizon GS III.

If you delete the added icon from the target folder, original re-arranged order stays in place. Until the next reboot. Then start again at step 2.

Much be with Touchwiz. Good news is that the information about the user arranged order of the folder survives a reboot. Otherwise, 'trick' wouldn't work. Samsung, are you listening? Samsung could provide a setting for this. Unless it's a bug in TW.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Discovered by Accident.

1 Reboot.

2. Open Folder.
(Drat, order has changed!)

3. Add any App to folder
(open App Drawer and drag ANY app icon to the folder).

4. Re-open folder.

5. Your welcome.

Observed first and then verified with a few reboots on Verizon GS III.

If you delete the added icon from the target folder, original re-arranged order stays in place. Until the next reboot. Then start again at step 2.

Much be with Touchwiz. Good news is that the information about the user arranged order of the folder survives a reboot. Otherwise, 'trick' wouldn't work. Samsung, are you listening? Samsung could provide a setting for this. Unless it's a bug in TW.

nice one man ;)