Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jcp007
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Swiftkey 3 on GS3 - Help ???

I just downloaded and made as my default keyboard, Swiftkey 3. I had some questions...

1) Facebook and Twitter personalization.

How does it work? I tried logging into FB and couldn't tell whether it was successful.

2) Themes - which one is your favorite?

3) Longpress for different characters like question marks?

Have it set for the longest interval and still hit or miss. Possibly just a lack of experience.

4) When posting in these forums, the "Done" in the "Done" button is in a dark font. Is this something done by Swiftkey or is it a phone setting?

Swiftkey is far better than the stock keyboard. It is scary how it corrects mis-spelling and predicts what I am going to type next.

question.
    i download swiftkey for my s3 also, but how do u get rid of the notification on the left corner of the taskbar. Only when i type it appears there and its annoying.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    beh

Global Posts
    385 Global Posts

Default Re: Swiftkey 3 on GS3 - Help ???

Quote Originally Posted by jcp006 View Post
    I just downloaded and made as my default keyboard, Swiftkey 3. I had some questions...

How does it work? I tried logging into FB and couldn't tell whether it was successful.

Have it set for the longest interval and still hit or miss. Possibly just a lack of experience.

4) When posting in these forums, the "Done" in the "Done" button is in a dark font. Is this something done by Swiftkey or is it a phone setting?

Swiftkey is far better than the stock keyboard. It is scary how it corrects mis-spelling and predicts what I am going to type next.

1 - I don't use FB or Twitter so can't help
    2 - neon by far my favorite
    3 - Yes, and if the key has multiple choices slide your finger to the choice you want for a moment to select it.
    4 - don't post here from phone - I use one of my tablets for laptop so can't comment.
    Thanked by:
    jcp007 

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gtlegendz View Post
    question.
    i download swiftkey for my s3 also, but how do u get rid of the notification on the left corner of the taskbar. Only when i type it appears there and its annoying.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    I think the notification is their if u have more than one keyboard installed other than the default Samsung keyboard that came with the phone. If u pull down the notification bar you will see that you can choose between other keyboards you installed.

1. When you choose to have it learn the words you have typed, it will notify you when it is successful.

You really do not see any changes other than it scans for new words you have used and the way you "speak" when typing so it can learn your style.

2. I am just fine with the default theme of Cobalt myself. I think mainly because it seems like the keys are larger. But I do also like the Light theme for looks.

3. It does take some getting used to. To me the SwiftKey as a whole does for me. I prefer Swype myself since it has a nice predictive type feature now.

4. I only see the Done button when viewing in landscape and mine is dark as well. It just seems to remove the keyboard when pressed.

Sent from my US Cellular Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    jcp007 

Heh, I use the Pumpkin theme. Just like it the most.

Rev.
    Galaxy S3
    Ubuntu Linux 10.04
    IT Tech
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Anybody displaying the arrows on the keyboard?

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S3 Handheld Device
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I suppose that it will take a bit of getting used to but I am still torn between the swype feature of the stock keyboard and the newness of Swiftkey.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S3 Handheld Device

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I use the light theme. Looks pretty neat.

You can customize whether you want the arrow keys or not.

I set the long press duration to 200, that way I can access alternative characters faster. (my mother language is Spanish so I need the stress on letters )

Start using SwiftKey as your daily driver and you'll never miss swipe again.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Android Central Forums
    Android: Resistance is Futile!.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev2010 View Post
    Heh, I use the Pumpkin theme. Just like it the most.

Rev.
    Me too.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by rich.x87 View Post
    I use the light theme. Looks pretty neat.

You can customize whether you want the arrow keys or not.

I set the long press duration to 200, that way I can access alternative characters faster. (my mother language is Spanish so I need the stress on letters )

Start using SwiftKey as your daily driver and you'll never miss swipe again.

It is growing on me. I am willing to give it a real try. Stay tuned.
    rich.x87 likes this.
    CrackBerry Convert

Global Posts
    3,236 Global Posts
    ROM
    Goldeneye 4.0 + CWM OUDHS

2) holo

3) I have my long press set at 250ms. However, there is no delay necessary for the .?! key. As soon as you press it you can start moving to the left or the right to pick an option. You don't even need to move your finger up to actually touch the options that appear...

To use the smart punctuation key, just tap for a period, slide all the way left for an exclamation mark, or slide all the way right for a question mark. There is no need to longpress or to move your finger up to where the punctuation is displayed.

If you wish to delete a whole word at any point, just swipe your finger across the keys from right to left. To delete a word from the Language Model, press and hold the prediction and select Remove.

(2nd part is a bonus tip!)

Anybody displaying the arrows on the keyboard?
    Swiftkey settings / theme / arrow keys
    Thanked by 3:

Is there anyway to have the predictive boxes in all instances of switkey? On some uses (certain searches, play store, etc) the keyboard comes up without the predictive boxes on top.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Has anyone ever submitted an enhancement request? If so, did the developers use it?

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I guess you could try. Specially if you are a paid user.
    What do you want to suggest?

Android: Resistance is Futile!.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Swype or a 3D effect with the keyboard keys.

Quote Originally Posted by LzarEus View Post
    I think the notification is their if u have more than one keyboard installed other than the default Samsung keyboard that came with the phone. If u pull down the notification bar you will see that you can choose between other keyboards you installed.
    So that's how you quickly get to Input Method now!!... In pre-ICS you use to long press on the text window to quickly get to Input Method, but I after I installed a different keyboard noticed that was gone in ICS... For the last couple weeks I've been trying to figure out how to get to Input Method without having to change default keyboard in the Settings.