Swiftkey 3 on GS3 - Help ???

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I just downloaded and made as my default keyboard, Swiftkey 3. I had some questions...

1) Facebook and Twitter personalization.

How does it work? I tried logging into FB and couldn't tell whether it was successful.

2) Themes - which one is your favorite?

3) Longpress for different characters like question marks?

Have it set for the longest interval and still hit or miss. Possibly just a lack of experience.

4) When posting in these forums, the "Done" in the "Done" button is in a dark font. Is this something done by Swiftkey or is it a phone setting?

Swiftkey is far better than the stock keyboard. It is scary how it corrects mis-spelling and predicts what I am going to type next.

gtlegendz

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
question.
i download swiftkey for my s3 also, but how do u get rid of the notification on the left corner of the taskbar. Only when i type it appears there and its annoying.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I just downloaded and made as my default keyboard, Swiftkey 3. I had some questions...

How does it work? I tried logging into FB and couldn't tell whether it was successful.

Have it set for the longest interval and still hit or miss. Possibly just a lack of experience.

4) When posting in these forums, the "Done" in the "Done" button is in a dark font. Is this something done by Swiftkey or is it a phone setting?

Swiftkey is far better than the stock keyboard. It is scary how it corrects mis-spelling and predicts what I am going to type next.

1 - I don't use FB or Twitter so can't help
2 - neon by far my favorite
3 - Yes, and if the key has multiple choices slide your finger to the choice you want for a moment to select it.
4 - don't post here from phone - I use one of my tablets for laptop so can't comment.

Reactions: jcp007

Razelus

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
question.
i download swiftkey for my s3 also, but how do u get rid of the notification on the left corner of the taskbar. Only when i type it appears there and its annoying.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

I think the notification is their if u have more than one keyboard installed other than the default Samsung keyboard that came with the phone. If u pull down the notification bar you will see that you can choose between other keyboards you installed.

Kevin Harvell

May 31, 2012
Visit site
1. When you choose to have it learn the words you have typed, it will notify you when it is successful.

You really do not see any changes other than it scans for new words you have used and the way you "speak" when typing so it can learn your style.

2. I am just fine with the default theme of Cobalt myself. I think mainly because it seems like the keys are larger. But I do also like the Light theme for looks.

3. It does take some getting used to. To me the SwiftKey as a whole does for me. I prefer Swype myself since it has a nice predictive type feature now.

4. I only see the Done button when viewing in landscape and mine is dark as well. It just seems to remove the keyboard when pressed.

Sent from my US Cellular Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk

Reactions: jcp007

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I suppose that it will take a bit of getting used to but I am still torn between the swype feature of the stock keyboard and the newness of Swiftkey.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S III Handheld Device

rich.x87

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I use the light theme. Looks pretty neat.

You can customize whether you want the arrow keys or not.

I set the long press duration to 200, that way I can access alternative characters faster. (my mother language is Spanish so I need the stress on letters ????)

Start using SwiftKey as your daily driver and you'll never miss swipe again.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Android Central Forums

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I use the light theme. Looks pretty neat.

You can customize whether you want the arrow keys or not.

I set the long press duration to 200, that way I can access alternative characters faster. (my mother language is Spanish so I need the stress on letters ????)

Start using SwiftKey as your daily driver and you'll never miss swipe again.

It is growing on me. I am willing to give it a real try. Stay tuned.

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site

2) holo

3) I have my long press set at 250ms. However, there is no delay necessary for the .?! key. As soon as you press it you can start moving to the left or the right to pick an option. You don't even need to move your finger up to actually touch the options that appear...

SwiftKey: basic tips

To use the smart punctuation key, just tap for a period, slide all the way left for an exclamation mark, or slide all the way right for a question mark. There is no need to longpress or to move your finger up to where the punctuation is displayed.

If you wish to delete a whole word at any point, just swipe your finger across the keys from right to left. To delete a word from the Language Model, press and hold the prediction and select ?Remove?.

(2nd part is a bonus tip!)

Anybody displaying the arrows on the keyboard?

Swiftkey settings / theme / arrow keys

PeteJE

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Is there anyway to have the predictive boxes in all instances of switkey? On some uses (certain searches, play store, etc) the keyboard comes up without the predictive boxes on top.

rich.x87

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I guess you could try. Specially if you are a paid user.
What do you want to suggest?

jam4775

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I think the notification is their if u have more than one keyboard installed other than the default Samsung keyboard that came with the phone. If u pull down the notification bar you will see that you can choose between other keyboards you installed.

So that's how you quickly get to Input Method now!!... In pre-ICS you use to long press on the text window to quickly get to Input Method, but I after I installed a different keyboard noticed that was gone in ICS... For the last couple weeks I've been trying to figure out how to get to Input Method without having to change default keyboard in the Settings.