Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 137
Like Tree26Likes
  1. #101  

    Default Re: We need to let OEMs and Corning know how bad Gorilla Glass 2

    Quote Originally Posted by bier808 View Post
    Sorry Mr terminator sir. This is everyone's first phone so nobody knows what to do.

    Seriously, why would anyone change the way they handle or carry their phone if they never had an issue before. Whats sadistic about that? Who is claiming they took a knife to the screen and scratched it, and now talking $hit? Really how many spent time researching gorilla glass 2 before buying there phone? Most are looking for answers after the fact.

    And if a fault with the phone or glass is found and corrected im sure you wont have an apology. Try and put a little thought in your comments.

    Thank you for your participation
    Haha, no offense meant. But it's curious, you say this is likely the first phone you or others bought, and yet you then say, why would they change the way they handle/carry the phon etc. It has nothing to do with how you hold the phone, but everything to do with a little common sense. There is no glass in the world that does not scratch.

    I can make a few analogies of my own. It's like saying, because you owned a CRT tube television, and then moved to a thin LED one, you are shocked that you can't just use a paper towel and windex on it without causing scratches because you were used to doing it to the hard glass crt in the past.

    If anything, you'd be more careful, not less. Gorilla Glass 2 makes no claim whatsoever that the technology is scratch proof. They simply state it's stronger than their previous versions and doesn't scratch as easily. And this is true.

    If they have "researched" as you have claimed, you'd see many, many people say the phone is not scratch-proof as claimed. You'd look at the drop test videos, etc. And yes, it's no ones fault but your own that the phone has microscratches. Because the phone still works is irrelevant.

    The case and screen protector industry has grown exponentially every year. There isn't a model or phone that does not have some form of protection available. Most likely you would have seen several at the store or place you purchased from. On Amazon, you can get a pack of 3 for less than $2.

    Anyways, please reply, I'd love to hear from you.

    "I'll Be Back "
  2. #102  
    Johnly's Avatar

    Posts
    7,352 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,397 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

    Default Re: We need to let OEMs and Corning know how bad Gorilla Glass 2

    Are all of your scratches located above the home button? There seems to be some buzz that manufacturing left some micro scratches there do to over speed up drilling procs.

    Has anyone used the HD version of the helicopter film? I have and it is smooth like glass, looks great, and swipe still slides.
  3. #103  
    funkylogik's Avatar

    Posts
    9,694 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

    Default Re: We need to let OEMs and Corning know how bad Gorilla Glass 2

    lol Termy. do u believe my theory that theres maybe a bad batch of gg2 on certain s3s? i throw mine around and treat it as the tool that it is and i have zero scratches YET and if i get any then its my fault but it seems like others are getting scratches "unfairly"
  4. #104  

    Default Re: We need to let OEMs and Corning know how bad Gorilla Glass 2

    Ok Mr. terminator, your statements truly puts you in position to run for office.
    You have never had a product with a possible defect because you put a screen protector on it.
    We are all ignorant for sharing our unprotected issues publicly.
    I will be extremely careful the next time I talk on my led t.v.
    I suppose our claims are not as well thought as your analogies
    I have used a facetious statement, can you find it?
    Now if you don't mind I`m gonna finish watching Total Recall on my S3 without a screen protector.


    sent from my 50" samsung led TV.
    Rev2010 likes this.
  5. #105  
    funkylogik's Avatar

    Posts
    9,694 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

    Default Re: We need to let OEMs and Corning know how bad Gorilla Glass 2

    LMAO! dingding.... round TWO
  6. #106  
    Tb311's Avatar

    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

    Default Re: We need to let OEMs and Corning know how bad Gorilla Glass 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnly View Post
    Are all of your scratches located above the home button? There seems to be some buzz that manufacturing left some micro scratches there do to over speed up drilling procs.

    Has anyone used the HD version of the helicopter film? I have and it is smooth like glass, looks great, and swipe still slides.
    This sounds interesting since. My scratch is about an inch directly above my home button.
  7. #107  

    Default Re: We need to let OEMs and Corning know how bad Gorilla Glass 2

    Quote Originally Posted by bier808 View Post
    Ok Mr. terminator, your statements truly puts you in position to run for office.
    You have never had a product with a possible defect because you put a screen protector on it.
    We are all ignorant for sharing our unprotected issues publicly.
    I will be extremely careful the next time I talk on my led t.v.
    I suppose our claims are not as well thought as your analogies
    I have used a facetious statement, can you find it?
    Now if you don't mind I`m gonna finish watching Total Recall on my S3 without a screen protector.


    sent from my 50" samsung led TV.
    No, but you are trying to obfuscate my original intent with a pathetic attempt at humor because you have no argument. You said that it's everybody's first phone, that they likely didn't know it would be scratched because they believed cornings gorilla glass 2 to be "scratch-proof" etc. when it was never claimed to be scratch-proof.

    "This is everyone's first phone so nobody knows what to do...And if a fault with the phone or glass is found and corrected im sure you wont have an apology"

    Those are your words are they not? To my original post?

    My point being that you are now complaining "after the fact" that it's scratched up, when you most likely didn't think about it before. It's irrelevant what your previous phones did, this is not your previous phone. The design and screen is unique and original. I doubt your last phones were this thin with a screen this big. There could be a number of factors here.

    Saying that your previous Droids, RAZR's, HTC phones could be put face down no scratches is irrelevant as this is not those phones and it's anecdotal.

    And if you have the time or ability to complain on one of the largest android forums in the world, you should have read up on how the screen isn't scratch-proof. In fact, quite a few reviewers mentioned their device had a few micro-scratches on the screen.

    So keep making jokes... But if my "abrasive" first post at least frightens a potential buyer enough to purchase a screen protector, it'll be worth it no? I bet tons of people will search galaxy s3, gorilla glass, scratches and see my post.
  8. #108  

    Default Re: We need to let OEMs and Corning know how bad Gorilla Glass 2

    Quote Originally Posted by funkylogik View Post
    lol Termy. do u believe my theory that theres maybe a bad batch of gg2 on certain s3s? i throw mine around and treat it as the tool that it is and i have zero scratches YET and if i get any then its my fault but it seems like others are getting scratches "unfairly"
    Could be possible, hard to tell, especially because each case is anecdotal. I've found people tend to lie, even when it helps them. "Oh it was just a slight drop", "there was nothing in my pocket".

    There could be any number of factors, some sand or grit in the pocket, maybe they didn't remember when it was in there with keys, maybe while sitting down, there was too much pressure on the screen causing it to flex and rub, maybe there was dirt on their carpet, maybe they had small particles in their hands.

    There are a number of possibilties. As for manufacturing, I'd still doubt it. Samsung has one of the world's largest production facilities in China and Korea. They churn out several thousand a day, all electronically, all to spec. Could there be an instance where it got scratched from manufacture to packaging? Sure.

    Keep in mind, that workers packed your phones in boxes. You should always inspect it properly from day one. And then again, this may be "gorilla glass 2", but this is a new phone, with a new huge 305 ppi super amoled screen and is very thin. Maybe it's not as resistant as your old phones were depite Corning's claims of how good this is

    I just hope anyone out there reading, gets at least those cheap 99 cent static cling protectors. Those will absorb 95% of the abuse at least. Maybe someone doesn't notice the contaminants on their car door handle, they open the door, sit down, quickly check phone before driving and in that time, what was on their hands, is now being "slid" across the screen.
  9. #109  

    Default Re: We need to let OEMs and Corning know how bad Gorilla Glass 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator91 View Post
    You said that it's everybody's first phone, that they likely didn't know it would be scratched because they believed cornings gorilla glass 2 to be "scratch-proof" etc.
    No one, not one single person in this thread has yet said GG2 is supposed to be scratch *proof*. The whole point of a thread like this is to point out that what is supposed to be an upgraded material seems to be inferior to the old version. Many of us have mentioned having older phone, like my Droid 2 I had for 2 years, that is absolutely pristine to this day whereas not even one month in I'd gotten 5 micro-scratches on my S3 screen.

    Everyone knows glass can scratch, yeah we're well beyond that. Why people's older phones with Gorilla Glass 1 are still pristine after 2 years of ownership and the newer stronger GG2 is scratching much easier - THAT is the issue at hand, NOT whether or not it can scratch.


    Rev.
    Galaxy S3
    Ubuntu Linux 10.04
    IT Tech
  10. #110  

    Default Re: We need to let OEMs and Corning know how bad Gorilla Glass 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator91 View Post
    No, but you are trying to obfuscate my original intent with a pathetic attempt at humor because you have no argument. You said that it's everybody's first phone, that they likely didn't know it would be scratched because they believed cornings gorilla glass 2 to be "scratch-proof" etc. when it was never claimed to be scratch-proof.
    keep making jokes... But if my "abrasive" first post at least frightens a potential buyer enough to purchase a screen protector, it'll be worth it no? I bet tons of people will search galaxy s3, gorilla glass, scratches and see my post.
    This is everyone's first phone and nobody knows what to to. (really) .... come on

    I`m sorry if you took everything the wrong way.
    Is it wrong to post in a humorous way to get my point across, but you can abrasively frighten ppl in a almost like sadistic matter to get your point across. Those are your words correct.

    Just take away all the anger away and you will be taken seriously. Just like you did after you replied to funkylogik. Thats the kinda post a ton of ppl will read. I hope you understand!!!
  11. #111  
    funkylogik's Avatar

    Posts
    9,694 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rev2010 View Post
    No one, not one single person in this thread has yet said GG2 is supposed to be scratch *proof*. The whole point of a thread like this is to point out that what is supposed to be an upgraded material seems to be inferior to the old version. Many of us have mentioned having older phone, like my Droid 2 I had for 2 years, that is absolutely pristine to this day whereas not even one month in I'd gotten 5 micro-scratches on my S3 screen.

    Everyone knows glass can scratch, yeah we're well beyond that. Why people's older phones with Gorilla Glass 1 are still pristine after 2 years of ownership and the newer stronger GG2 is scratching much easier - THAT is the issue at hand, NOT whether or not it can scratch.


    Rev.
    yeah ur right man, the thread "are you going nude" is the place to debate the use of screen protectors. this topic is more about the quality of gg2 on the s3.
    @bier and terminator. ur both funny and knowledgable guys. i think u took each other the wrong way to begin with but dont really wana be arguing *group hug*
  12. #112  

    Default Re: We need to let OEMs and Corning know how bad Gorilla Glass 2

    Your right. I hope we can get back to a positive on topic thread. My apologies sir.
  13. #113  

    Default Re: We need to let OEMs and Corning know how bad Gorilla Glass 2

    We need to let OEMs and Corning know how bad Gorilla Glass 2 is!-s3scratch.jpg

    We need to let OEMs and Corning know how bad Gorilla Glass 2 is!-s3scratch2.jpg

    Scratch i got today. Sucks. I had no idea sand/dirt can do this. Doesnt look too bad in most lighting. But still. Im mad at myself.
  14. #114  
    funkylogik's Avatar

    Posts
    9,694 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mc_gusto View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s3scratch.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	120.0 KB 
ID:	34809

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s3scratch2.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	121.9 KB 
ID:	34810

    Scratch i got today. Sucks. I had no idea sand/dirt can do this. Doesnt look too bad in most lighting. But still. Im mad at myself.
    ouch that looks pretty deep man. can u feel it with ur fingernail?
    on a plus.. aparently samsung have admitted that their displays are prone to "burn-in" and will replace any screen affected so (i dont know if the gg2 is attatched to the actual display but if it is) just leave ur screen on full brightness for a week with the same bright image on the screen till it burns in and send it to Sammy for a replacement
    Tkbredx likes this.
  15. #115  

    Default Re: We need to let OEMs and Corning know how bad Gorilla Glass 2

    I have one of those OEM Flip Covers without a screen protector. It's been about 3 weeks and no scratches. The phone stays in my front pockets. I'm thinking of purchasing a iVisor by moshi to use with the cover.

    Quote Originally Posted by funkylogik View Post
    just leave ur screen on full brightness for a week with the same bright image on the screen till it burns in and send it to Sammy for a replacement
    LOL
  16. #116  

    Default Re: We need to let OEMs and Corning know how bad Gorilla Glass 2

    Quote Originally Posted by funkylogik View Post
    ouch that looks pretty deep man. can u feel it with ur fingernail?
    on a plus.. aparently samsung have admitted that their displays are prone to "burn-in" and will replace any screen affected so (i dont know if the gg2 is attatched to the actual display but if it is) just leave ur screen on full brightness for a week with the same bright image on the screen till it burns in and send it to Sammy for a replacement
    Actually its not as bad as the pic looks. took me like 10 different angle shots before i could see the scratch. Sometimes i have to look hard for it. That pic, the light hits it just right. Can barely feel it with fingernail. But i can.
    Interesting. you have a link to samsung admitting this?
  17. #117  
    funkylogik's Avatar

    Posts
    9,694 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

    Default Re: We need to let OEMs and Corning know how bad Gorilla Glass 2

    theres a big arguement thread on this forum, something like "im glad i didnt get an Htc One X" or something and people start talkin bout it near the end of that, maybe 4/5 pages from the end i think mate
  18. #118  

    Default Re: We need to let OEMs and Corning know how bad Gorilla Glass 2

    Wow, that looks more like a fracture to me. It looks very similar to the fracture on my phone.
    The fracture on my phone doesn`t standout either. You can only see it with the phone off or a dark screen.
  19. #119  

    Default

    How do you know the difference

    Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2
  20. #120  
    funkylogik's Avatar

    Posts
    9,694 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

    Default Re: We need to let OEMs and Corning know how bad Gorilla Glass 2

    a fracture would go right through the glass i think where as a scratch is on the surface
  21. #121  

    Default Re: We need to let OEMs and Corning know how bad Gorilla Glass 2

    Let me start by saying that I am not taking sides in this thread.

    It is important for users to post feedback on vendor products and it is useful as consumers that we have a clear understanding of the product capabilites.

    My GS3 is the first smartphone that I have owned that has had Gorilla Glass. My padewon understanding is that it is more scratch resistent and lighter than normal capacitive touchscreens. It is not a liguid metal like transparent aluminum. It is tempered glass using a proprietary process unique to Corning. With over 10 million GS3's and counting, there are bound to be defective units. Companies that specialize in replacing the affected screens will no doubt get inventory from Corning or Samsung to replace them. Moral of the story is not for the screen to go commando but to at least use some type of screen protector. The safety of the screen is as much our responsibility for which we need to take some ownership.
  22. #122  

    Default Re: We need to let OEMs and Corning know how bad Gorilla Glass 2

    I guess it doesn't matter if the old phones scratched or not, because all new phones are using G2. I was hoping it would be a bit more scratch resistant than it apparently is.

    People are correct that you shouldn't HAVE to buy a screen protector, but you could also argue the point that you shouldn't HAVE to buy cases either.

    Me....otterbox defender.
  23. #123  

    Default Re: We need to let OEMs and Corning know how bad Gorilla Glass 2

    Maybe GG2 will be improved in the next iteration to be more scratch resistant as well as being lighter than its predecessor.

    Regardless of the case and screen materials, a rugged case like the Defender is the way to go.
  24. #124  
    funkylogik's Avatar

    Posts
    9,694 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

    Default Re: We need to let OEMs and Corning know how bad Gorilla Glass 2

    this really frustrates me lol. wish i had a decent camera that isnt attatched to my s3 so i could post pics of my flawless unprotected screen then pics of the battery cover which is covered in scratches and grazes to prove that i throw this unit around and hardly baby it
  25. #125  
    funkylogik's Avatar

    Posts
    9,694 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

    Default Re: We need to let OEMs and Corning know how bad Gorilla Glass 2

    ...ps. does anyone know if the camera lens is covered in any special glass or if anyones found scratches on it? think id rather have a scratch on the screen than on there...
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

B