Females with Android phones

Princesa

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Married mom of 2 here!!

I'll be leaving my BB Torch next month for a white SG3!!

Not a newbie to andriod this will be me 2nd(don't know why I left and went back to BB's),I miss android and am back for good!

Hubby just has a basic feature phone...as long as he can make calls and text he's happy lol

unlmtdRW

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Meh.

Why should there be a female perspective on tech? Although ... I notice many of the women here (myself included) came from Palms. I think the whole household management aspect of Smartphones is huge for women, who still do the majority of it, regardless of their work status.

Aside from that, I can't think of any gender differences that wouldn't annoy the heck out of me.
Thanks OWybPPgO, that's a good way of expressing further the point I was trying to make. Particularly the part where you say "I can't think of any gender differences that wouldn't annoy the heck out of me".;)

I'm hoping we can use feedback from everyone to help focus interests for podcasts in a manner that makes the suggestion more useful rather than relying on stereotypical perceptions.

Kimberly Boals

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
I am an Android girl! Used to be a huge BB fan but I wanted more of a toy. The husband is still in love with his BB Bold 9900. He HATES any Android and Iphone! :cool:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Well BB may not be around very much longer so he may have to change his ways... ;)

yeah aparently theyr gona stop makin consumer devices. thank bLeEp.. im sick of people with bb's askin me for help with their phone coz im a phone geek but only android.. i dont have clue how to work a bb

BEARD GANG

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
well im a stereotypical Scotsman with ginger hair and a skirt :)

0818_sheamus.jpg

Edit - he's irish but he's got the hair
Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Female here!! :D
My timeline is extensive. From Palm, BB, HTC, Apple and Samsung. I'm not a loyalist to any manufacturer; just buy what interest me the most.

My household consist of 4 #teamiphoners in that corner while #teamandroid consist of 2. My sister who has a dumb phone is ready to convert to her 1st android but she refuses to let me go with her to pick out the S3.....I mean whatever she wants.

Reactions: MLB1949

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
one more lady here. Android fanatic. Had the Motorola cliq, then the nexus one, evo 4g, HTC g2, back to evo 4g, and now galaxy s3. And a shiny new nexus 7 that's an early 30th bday gift to myself ;),

JKeigh

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
My bf is a caveman and can most of the time manage to make calls on a flip phone

This was my husband before he got with Android last year. A couple times I walked into a room to find him talking on his clamshell via speakerphone, which he activated and didn't know how to turn off, but still holding it against his head.

Stand back, Android ladies, he's all mine. :p

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I read this and thought, "yeah, I'll +1 that idea"... but then I started to wonder whether gender really makes much of a difference. I'd hate to see a podcast focused solely on stereotyping, i.e. how "pretty" you can make your Android. *bleck*:D

So... a question for all you "females with Android phones"... what would a "podcast from a woman's perspective" look like? (let's give Phil a few ideas to help this thought process along!):cool:

You should probably listen to more podcasts in general (especially female hosted shows). Take gaming podcasts for example; female hosts seem to be less bias and dismissive of a certain title or platform. They also tend to notice smaller touches to the overall story arc and character development that males often overlook.

To say males and females should/do have a vastly similar perspective is lame lol. I ask my wife "What do you think about _______?" On a daily basis because we never have the same opinions or assumptions on media/tech/science ect.

I'd be interested in hearing conversation over things like 'do females like to root/rom their devices?' or 'does screen size play a huge role when choosing a daily device.' There's literally dozens of topics.

Sent from my Synergized Samsung Galaxy SIII using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
exactly man! all my fake sexism aside... males and females are inherantly different in how our brains are wired and thats something that should be embraced instead of frowned upon :)

Reactions: unlmtdRW

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
im glad theres so many girls here who not only use the best android phone around right now but actively have an interest in android and use a forum for it :)

tasha_c

May 23, 2012
Visit site
been with blackberry since 2005 & then switched from my 9900 to my s3...my shellac manicure looks good against the touchscreen :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton