3g connection to youtube issues on sprint galaxie s3

Grimmdoug

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
When I am connected to wifi, videos play normally in youtube app.

When I am away from wifi and have wifi turned off, youtube app loads fine, logs into my account, I can search for videos and it returns matching videos, but when I try to play a video from the list, it times out every time and says the connection to the server was lost. this happens even when I have 3+ bars of 3g service.

Any ideas? thank you.

Last edited:

darigaaz12

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
doesn't always matter how many bars you have, sprint has some serious bandwidth issues in areas, i have 4-5 bars often and get .1-.2 mbits/s :-/

Try a speed test and see how you score...

ejohnnyk

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Sprint recently made 3G upgrades in my area and I'm getting 1M down on a regular basis for the first time in 14 years with Sprint. This is a new and pleasurable experience that I fear is a dream, some kind of nasty trick or a conspiracy.

If you're in a "typically Sprint" area, YouTube or even Pandora, Amazon Cloud Player is pretty much useless on Sprint 3G.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

frohoss

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have a fix on this issue yet? Sprint S3 youtube app won't work. Says "connection to server lost" when you try to watch video. Also have a sprint nexus and youtube app works just fine... Side by side.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

b0btech

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
true you can't watch YouTube vids unless over WiFi with Sprint in those speeds.that's why I switched to AT&T LTE...here you go.

a6937b21-e24e-2bad.jpg

from MY SIII in sunny FL.

frohoss

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
true you can't watch YouTube vids unless over WiFi with Sprint in those speeds.that's why I switched to AT&T LTE...here you go.

This statement/theory is not true in my situation. My nexus is pulling less download/upload speeds when compared to my s3 at the same time (again side by side) Yet my nexus can view youtube videos while the s3 continues to say "connection to server lost"

I can only assume it's an S3 issue.

So, I'm still at a loss.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I can watch them on 3g so not sure what's up (Jacksonville fl here)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums