SD card help

Rooster7six

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Ok, this is my first android phone. I am switching over from the 4s. I've had the S III for almost a week now so I'm trying to adjust. I bought a Samsung 32gb micro sd card off of Amazon. I assumed it would just be plug and play. I read that some sd cards are fake so I got the sd tools app to make sure it was legit. Every time I try to run a speed test it says error reading buffer. On the first page when you open sd tools app, at the top it says SAMSUNG-SGH-1747, which I thought was the phone, and it says total space 12.5 gigs. I also downloaded the App 2 SD app, and it says "The device does not have a real primary external storage, or the primary external storage is emulated. Bottom of the screen says Total: 12.05 GB Avail:11.55. So what do I do? Is the card bad? Is there a setting I'm missing?

Rooster7six

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Put the card into my computer and it reads. I formatted to FAT32. Is there some way to know from my computer if the card is actually Samsung?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Well, if you were using this app - SD Tools: http://market.android.com/details?id=ales.veluscek.sdtools then don't worry about it. There's a couple of bugs WRT the Samsung Galaxy S III (and probably other phones that have a similar layout for their internal storage). I emailed the developer with specifics on what's happening but haven't heard diddly, nor have I seen an update in the Play Store. Basically, it always fails on the internal storage and won't even see the extSdCard.
If you put the micro SDCard in a reader connected to your PC, it 'might' show up named as a Samsung device in Explorer. I have one in my Nook that I formatted on my PC but I can't remember for sure what it showed.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Rooster7six

dharmin2009

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi:

I also have same issue. I recently purchased LG-P705g from Canada (without contract with Fido). I also "rooted" my phone and I confirm with "Root checker" apps. I also used android sdk tool and changed my storage location 2 (i.e. external storage). BUT when I try to transfer my apps to sd card using "apps2SD" I am getting same above error. I can't see sd button when I click apps setting ...

Please help!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463