01-24-2017 04:00 PM
- I used to have a playbook charger and that was immense for charging my 9860 at the time. although there was a warning on crackberry I think not to use it consistently . I seriously cannot see a problem with a few hours to trickle charge. put it on charge, go to sleep!11-23-2012 11:13 AM
- ok guys I have same problem, at first my phone fully charge within 4 hrs max , after about a month and two I.C.S updates it started to slow charging way down I mean wayyy down took forever... like over night and following day lol...but still not reaching optimal charge level , then I down loaded a task killer , cleared my cache.stopped backround data ,then plugged in charger , it picked up charging speed again , try it and let me know if it works12-01-2012 06:04 AM
- I get mine to Fully charge in about an hour or less. I did this by going back to charging with the cord and wall charger that came with S3 because it has more amps which is faster and Samsung's S3 cord has a hidden modification in it to cause Turbo charge ...LOL...i was just using any charger that i was close to til I decided to test this and the test proved this true to use the original.....12-01-2012 07:50 AM
- 12-18-2012 12:15 AMLike 1
Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums12-18-2012 08:49 AM
- It's true that it is always best to charge with the stock charger, and to stay away from computer usb ports. The reason is more likely due to the different voltage or mah that they can move. Why don't you check what the voltage statistics are for your generic chargers vs the Samsung. When I use Samsung's wall charger I can get from 0-5% to 100% well under 2-3 hours12-21-2012 07:42 PM
- Odd. I use my cord and plug in that came with the phone and from low battery (like 10% or lower) it takes about 2 hours - 2 hours 15min to go to full. I always reboot then plug the phone in to charge. And I rarely use it while charging (maybe a few text messages) but that's it.
Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums12-22-2012 03:04 PM
You plug it in the charger, not Rocket Science.12-22-2012 03:06 PM
- My phone is taking extremely long to charge too, it wasnt this bad when i first got it 4 months ago, now it takes an inordinate amount of time, I cant even remember the last time I was able to let it charge to 100% simply because it takes too long. I also even conditioned the battery when i first started using it.02-13-2013 10:07 AM
- My phone is taking extremely long to charge too, it wasnt this bad when i first got it 4 months ago, now it takes an inordinate amount of time, I cant even remember the last time I was able to let it charge to 100% simply because it takes too long. I also even conditioned the battery when i first started using it.
If none of those are the culprit, give us some more data: Define "long time." If you charge it over night, at what percentage is your battery when you start and when you take it off the charger? After how many hours?
Are you charging from a wall outlet, or a USB port on your computer?
Are you trying to do things in the background (stream music or video, for example)?
Do you have the phone set to keep the screen on when charging? If so, at what brightness?
Try doing screen captures of your battery stats screens after the phone has been charging over night and posting them here.02-13-2013 12:44 PM
- Charging my GS3 with PC takes ages, with the wall charger I'm averaging on 2 hours 29 minutes, if you're using wall charger is the wall output strong enough have u tried others, are u using a wall charger with enough Amp?
Sent from my ridiculously awesome Galaxy S3 I930002-13-2013 12:55 PM
- I am on Sprint but nabbed a Verizon charger the other day (just some normal Android charger) from one of their stores since it's near my work. Not going to lie.. My phone (with that charger only) charges pretty dang fast. I am always shocked. I can go from like 20 percent to 95+ in an hour and a half or so.. Nothing crazy but I do believe it's faster than my stock one that came with the phone.
Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.02-15-2013 08:50 AM
- All chargers have their specs on the exterior. Why can't you just check the OEM charger and battety yourself, instead of complaining about other's responses.
My charges speeds are okay for me. Unlike tablets the S3 can charge from single digits to 100% well around a hour, and even faster with the wall charger.
All batteries are not the same, so the fact that a S3 takes longer to charge (with a larger battery) is not wrong.
Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums02-15-2013 05:18 PM
- What are you going on about? I don't see anyone complaining about your prior post. Or anyone else's post for that matter. People are posting their experiences and suggestions, just like you did.
But if you want a response, I'll point out the poster immediately above your previous post said she was using the OEM charger, so your advice to avoid 3rd party chargers wasn't germane.02-15-2013 05:46 PM
- No, it won't hurt.
You can use any USB charger to charge the S3. Chargers don't "push" current, the device draws it, and the GS3 won't draw more than about 800 milliamps (mA), according to one forum member who says he's tested it, no matter what the maximum output of the charger is. All USB chargers should put out 5 volts. (If one doesn't, it's defective.)
I think the stock GS3 charger puts out 700 mA, so your HP charger will allow the phone to draw its max of 800 mA, rather than limiting it to 700 mA. So assuming everything else is working correctly it would charge slightly faster.02-16-2013 10:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD