Why such a long time for charging S3

Kevin Harvell

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I have no idea how long it takes to charge since I have about 15 to 20% left after my typical workday.

It is usually off the charger for a good 18 hours.

Sent from my US Cellular Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk

Splange

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Are you kidding me?! A hassle in removing the case and cover to swap batteries vs being attached to the charger? Whatever floats your boat I guess.

The case I have is a very thick, rigid tpu material and fits tightly to the phone. It looks very nice but doesn't come off easily.

Also if it's a fast charger, I wouldn't really be attached to it for long . I could just leave it in for like twenty minutes to keep it up the rest of the day . I do my serious charging at night, when I sleep.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums

kurse667

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
My S3 used to charge from 10% to 100% in about 2-3 hrs with the stock wall charger it came with. Now from 10% to 40% in 4 hrs. Can anybody tell me what could be wrong?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
My S3 used to charge from 10% to 100% in about 2-3 hrs with the stock wall charger it came with. Now from 10% to 40% in 4 hrs. Can anybody tell me what could be wrong?

is this with phone on or off?
if off then all i can think of is bent pins in the usb jack or something..

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site

Install Battery Monitor Widget and run it a few days. Report back what it records for charge current, and weather is shows your charger as a USB charger or an AC charger.

kurse667

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks worwig and funkylogik for the info. I just found my old wall charger for my mytouch 4G and now there's no problem with the charging. I guess my stock s3 charger crapped out lol

Winterfang

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I used to have an extra battery for me old LG phone. It doesn't take much time at all (Windows Phone restart really fast) and you feel like you are reloading a gun.

ihatepineapple

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I used to have a playbook charger and that was immense for charging my 9860 at the time. although there was a warning on crackberry I think not to use it consistently ;). I seriously cannot see a problem with a few hours to trickle charge. put it on charge, go to sleep!

Rajiv Coonghe

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
ok guys I have same problem, at first my phone fully charge within 4 hrs max , after about a month and two I.C.S updates it started to slow charging way down I mean wayyy down took forever... like over night and following day lol...but still not reaching optimal charge level , then I down loaded a task killer , cleared my cache.stopped backround data ,then plugged in charger , it picked up charging speed again , try it and let me know if it works :cool:

sircody

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I get mine to Fully charge in about an hour or less. I did this by going back to charging with the cord and wall charger that came with S3 because it has more amps which is faster and Samsung's S3 cord has a hidden modification in it to cause Turbo charge ...LOL...i was just using any charger that i was close to til I decided to test this and the test proved this true to use the original.....

Last edited:

parthrawat

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok guys help me out here. My S3 is 5 weeks old. Today I put my phone on wall charge and in 6 hours it went from 15% to 42% ARE YOU KIDDING ME. And I don't use my phone while charging. WHAT SHOULD I DO??

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm finding very slow charging with the CORD, not the plug, that came with the S3 also and mine is only a couple of weeks old.

The cord, not plug, from my Captivate connected to the new plug from my S3 charges great.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm finding very slow charging with the CORD, not the plug, that came with the S3 also and mine is only a couple of weeks old.

The cord, not plug, from my Captivate connected to the new plug from my S3 charges great.

Odd. I use my cord and plug in that came with the phone and from low battery (like 10% or lower) it takes about 2 hours - 2 hours 15min to go to full. I always reboot then plug the phone in to charge. And I rarely use it while charging (maybe a few text messages) but that's it.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

xKrNMBoYx

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
It's true that it is always best to charge with the stock charger, and to stay away from computer usb ports. The reason is more likely due to the different voltage or mah that they can move. Why don't you check what the voltage statistics are for your generic chargers vs the Samsung. When I use Samsung's wall charger I can get from 0-5% to 100% well under 2-3 hours