Swype keyboard missing something???

LadiJae

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Anybody realize the Swype keyboard doesn't have a DASH symbol....?
It has the underscore which is on the F key. But there's no dash symbol....

I've been wanting to use it but I don't see it anywhere!

~Jae, Tap'n on my White Samsung Galaxy S3~

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I actually just noticed it doesn't display if you haven't typed anything. Once you type a letter it shows up though. But then disappears again if you start a new line or paragraph or sentence.

Must be they don't want you starting sentences with hyphens. Although it doesn't prevent you from long pressing to get the hyphen in those circumstances, it doesn't show on the keyboard.

LadiJae

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Omg I must be going blind lol
Yup it's there, and it does display without any other letters

~Jae, Tap'n on my White Samsung Galaxy S3~

firetruck41

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
When I am typing in the address bar of the browser, there is no "dash" to be found anywhere, even in the symbols keyboard section.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

StopOilmen Ripoffs

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Stupidest most annoying ! All they had to do is put the damn dash where people can see it. I am uninstalling swype and switching to ICS keyboard. Like the great Sweet Brown says: "Ain't nobody got time for that!".

onthefly26

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
When you're keying a web address into the browser, the comma/dash is replaced by .com. If the web address you're entering has a dash, press the number key and hold for a second or so. A full number pad will appear, including a dash button. When you've got your dash, press ABC to get back to your regular keyboard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21