Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What Music Player are you Rollin with on ya GS3

The native GS3 music player is nice but it doesn't read tags too well for me... I have the same albums broken all up... I hate that!!!!! .... Google Music is what I use for my cloud stored songs (typically not my ever day music) ... But my daily driver... My 1st love... is "Power Amp" and for some reason it's just sooooo butter on this phone... I've had Power Amp on my Dinc,T-bolt, & Razr but on this phone its on a whole different level... Options look better, lock screen works better, task bar is better... Butter!!!

So what you Rollin wit? Let me know and why

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    bbryson likes this.

Global Posts
    273 Global Posts

Also using power amp. I hate the stock music player because it's terrible at reading tags, doesn't let you edit tag data, lacks lock screen controls, looks boring and makes it difficult to go from now playing to full song list. Music squares doesn't even work since I keep my music on my external sd card.

I tested player pro for a while and really enjoyed it. I think it looks even better than power amp, and it lets you edit data for multiple items at once which is a bonus. But it wasn't as good at reading tags, and gave me some duplicate/split albums, some of which I was strangely unable to edit or would persist despite editing. I'd still recommend giving it a try, it's got a 7 day trial.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums
    doc69 and bbryson like this.

Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: What Music Player are you Rollin with on ya GS3

Guess I'll be the next Power Amp groupie. It's simply the best music player available. Has the most options and the best sound quality
    Thanked by:
    doc69 and bbryson like this.

Global Posts
    273 Global Posts

The only problem with power amp is that since it's not default, you can't use gestures like palm or turn over to mute. That and if you click on a music file you searched for with universal search, there's no way to get it to play through power amp.

Edit : I think it would be sweet if poweramp made a desktop application. It would completely replace iTunes and make syncing totally painless.

Thanked by:
    bbryson likes this.

Global Posts
    1,857 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

Google music ftw!
    Harlemknight and Tsudeily like this.

Global Posts
    273 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tkbredx View Post
    Google music ftw!
    How is Google Music? It's unavailable in Canada so I'm unable to use it.

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

I like the
    Customizable EQ features in Power Amp. Wish it did a better job of multiple item tag editing though.

Sent from my ridiculously cool Samsung Galaxy S3
    bbryson likes this.
    CrackBerry Convert

Global Posts
    3,236 Global Posts
    ROM
    Goldeneye 4.0 + CWM OUDHS

I'm loving PowerAmp - much better than stock.
    bbryson likes this.
    ΣΛΤ ΜΣ

Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP 4.2.1

Sensor Music Player for when I am driving and have it hooked up to the stereo.

Only reason: wave your hand in front of the phone to change tracks. No looking at the phone or having to touch any buttons. I just create my driving playlist and start it before I put her into drive.

For regular office and home listening PowerAmp has no equal.
    Thanked by:
    jj2339 
    jj2339 likes this.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by Covart View Post
    Sensor Music Player for when I am driving and have it hooked up to the stereo.

Only reason: wave your hand in front of the phone to change tracks. No looking at the phone or having to touch any buttons. I just create my driving playlist and start it before I put her into drive.

For regular office and home listening PowerAmp has no equal.
    Sounds interesting!!!!!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    1,857 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

Quote Originally Posted by Splange View Post
    How is Google Music? It's unavailable in Canada so I'm unable to use it.

Aww man. I love it. Stream your music, doesn't drain battery. Sync music from multiple computers (I have mine set up to my cousins iTunes. He has the same music taste and downloads anything i ask him to. So I just let him do all the work while I relax and sync music flawlessly to my Google music account.) Up to 25,000 songs. Save music for offline listening. Decent user interface. Listen to it on whatever device. I love it.
    Harlemknight likes this.
    BEACH BUM

Global Posts
    1,947 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock : Rooted, Unlocked

Another vote for PowerAmp.
    bbryson likes this.

Global Posts
    1,294 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Meridian media player is the best.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

PowerAmp was the app that made me link my card to my google account and actualy PAY for an app because its SO good and none of my usual illegal ways of obtaining free apps would work so trust me when i say that PowerAmp is the best! what skin is everyone usin on PowerAmp? i got a few payed for ones but the skin im using was free i think... cant remember the name but its really black with like neon red trim
    Thanked by:
    int_architect, bbryson and Splange like this.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

The only problem with power amp is that since it's not default, you can't use gestures like palm or turn over to mute. That and if you click on a music file you searched for with universal search, there's no way to get it to play through power amp.

Edit : I think it would be sweet if poweramp made a desktop application. It would completely replace iTunes and make syncing totally painless.

try using a different file explorer as default or rememember u can set poweramp to read any file (containing music) that you set it to.. mines set to read the folders Music, Downloads, Torrents, Podcast, Podkast, etc.
    or just move the files to whatever folder google search directs you to that works. also if u ever get the option, set poweramp as default for that action
    bbryson likes this.

Global Posts
    355 Global Posts

I'm also a power amp fan, been one for a whole week now and I have to admit that it will be the 1st app I will gladly pay for on my S3. The stock player sucks, music squares don't work and I find it a it clunky. I wish power amp had an option to rotate screen on lock screen for the car.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

i used to use Player Pro which also has a great EQ (and can be obtained easily for free) but there was a major reason why i stopped using it and i cant remember what it was.....

Global Posts
    273 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by funkylogik View Post
    PowerAmp was the app that made me link my card to my google account and actualy PAY for an app because its SO good and none of my usual illegal ways of obtaining free apps would work so trust me when i say that PowerAmp is the best! what skin is everyone usin on PowerAmp? i got a few payed for ones but the skin im using was free i think... cant remember the name but its really black with like neon red trim
    Yeah same here. PowerAmp was my first paid app. I just tried it and realized it was so worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by funkylogik View Post
    try using a different file explorer as default or rememember u can set poweramp to read any file (containing music) that you set it to.. mines set to read the folders Music, Downloads, Torrents, Podcast, Podkast, etc.
    or just move the files to whatever folder google search directs you to that works. also if u ever get the option, set poweramp as default for that action
    Yeah I can play all the files I want, I also have mine set to read all the important files on my internal and external memory (except BeyondPod since I don't want podcasts coming up in shuffle). I just meant if I want to use the universal search or S Voice to launch a music file (rather than opening poweramp) - it'll always play with the default player and never gives me the option to open with poweramp.
    bbryson likes this.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Yeah same here. PowerAmp was my first paid app. I just tried it and realized it was so worth it.

Yeah I can play all the files I want, I also have mine set to read all the important files on my internal and external memory (except BeyondPod since I don't want podcasts coming up in shuffle). I just meant if I want to use the universal search or S Voice to launch a music file (rather than opening poweramp) - it'll always play with the default player and never gives me the option to open with poweramp.
    right, im not much of a gsearch user so havent had that problem. pity there isnt a way to set it as default like we can with browsers etc eh
    bbryson likes this.

Google Music so I can stream all my content, it also has a built in EQ, and with the supplied head phone's my music sounds great!!

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

yeah the sammy ear-buds are pretty good

Google music all the way.

Real player beta and Google music
    Thanked by:

Google music. The cloud feature is awesome, keeps storage on my phone free and can have quick access to a way bigger selection

I use Google Music too. I can access my online music and it properly supports BT headphone controls for both my BT headphones (not every player app works right with all BT buttons.)

-Suntan
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast