Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rev2010
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    4,491 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default How do you create albums in the gallery?

Just wondering, how do you create your own albums in the gallery. The phone creates its own albums for downloads and Screenshots and the camera, but is there a way to make your own so you can organize pics better?

Thanks.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: How do you create albums in the gallery?

There's a few different ways you can do it.

1). Through "My Files" app on the S3 you can create a new album on the SD Card and then place any pics in it you want. It will show up in the Gallery app. That's what I did, very easy.

2). Through the "kies Air" app, you can also create an album on the SD card and place the pics on it that you want, you can then get to them through the Gallery App. I did this for making a Movie folder.

3). Through hooking it up via your computer and creating a album on the SD card and and placing the pics in it that you want.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Bigchris; 08-03-2012 at 12:26 AM.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Evo 4g-----> iphone 4s-----> Galaxy S3
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by Bigchris View Post

1). Through "My Files" app on the S3 you can create a new album on the SD Card and then place any pics in it you want. It will show up in the Gallery app. That's what I did, very easy.

2). Through the "kies Air" app, you can also creat an album on the SD card and place the pics on it that you want, you can then get to them through the Gallery App. I did this for making a Movie folder.

3). Through hooking it up via your computer and creating a album on the SD card and and placing the pics in it that you want.

Hope that helps.
    I used method one and it worked perfect... thanks...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Bigchris View Post

2). Through the "kies Air" app, you can also create an album on the SD card and place the pics on it that you want, you can then get to them through the Gallery App. I did this for making a Movie folder.

Hope that helps.

Not to jack his thread, but have a similiar topic....Anyone find a way to select more than one picture from the camera folder and move it to a folder in the My Files. I take alot of pictures and usually when I get to them I have alot, moving each picture one by one takes alot of time. Ive had to take the sd card out and move everything on the computer, but cant always get to a computer.

Quote Originally Posted by dafoot2 View Post
    Not to jack his thread, but have a similiar topic....Anyone find a way to select more than one picture from the camera folder and move it to a folder in the My Files.
    I use a file manager app called ES File Explorer. I highly suggest you try it, it's free. it has so many more features and it has a "Select" button at the top of the screen. When you tap it it enables multi select. You simply then select all the files you want then move them.

Other features it has are:

The ability to place a shortcut to any type of file on the homescreens
    Built in zipping and unzipping of various file types
    Built in FTP server - access your phone from your computer with an FTP Client

Rev.
    Galaxy S3
    Ubuntu Linux 10.04
    IT Tech
    grunt0300 likes this.

Astro file manager.

Global Posts
    273 Global Posts

I just downloaded Quickpic from the play store and it's amazing (completely free with no ads and no limited features). It basically replaces the stock gallery. It lets you select photos and move them to different files. Doing so creates a new album for them not just in Quickpic, but in the stock gallery as well. (so if you want you can use Quickpic as a file organizer only and continue to use the standard gallery)

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

I used method 1 but I got all duplicate pics when I went to MY GALLERY
    how do I rectify that

Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rooted Stock

Quote Originally Posted by sugitt View Post
    I used method 1 but I got all duplicate pics when I went to MY GALLERY
    how do I rectify that
    You got duplicates because you probably copied instead of moving.
    My history: Ericsson 628, 768, T10, T28 World, Siemens S12, Nokia 8290, 3390, Motorola C330 , V70, Ericsson T68i, Motorola v100, Accompli 009, Sony Ericsson P800, T300, T610, O2 XDA II, BlackBerry 6210, Sanyo SCP5300, SCP8100, VM4500, PM8200, MM7400, MM8300, MM9000, BlackBerry 7750, Kyocera KX18, MM-A900, SCP8400, Pearl 8130, Tour 9630, Samsung Epic 4G, HTC Design 4G, Nook Tablet. CO's: Omnipoint, Voicestream, T-Mobile, (Amp'd for a short time) Sprint, Verizon

thanks ...just deleted the dups

For what it's worth, the built-in My Files application has the ability to create directories and multi-select: once you navigate to your directory of interest, just press the 'Menu' button. You'll get a menu with a bunch of choices; if you select Move or Copy the screen will change to include checkboxes.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

I tried the my files method but couldnt find it. Any help please?

I have a Galaxy Nexus phone and it is not possible for me to create new albums using the above solutions with the standard apps. I have only a pictures folder but my photos are not in this folder. The gallery app displays the photos correctly. Any additional tips are welcome. Thank you.

Edit : i found it. I had to reboot my phone. Then the newly created folder appeared as album.
    Last edited by Michaelzzzx; 01-24-2013 at 04:05 PM.

How do i move my pictures into my folders made in"My files"?

I downloaded Pics organizer, works great to organize my pictures into different folders download here .

Quote Originally Posted by dafoot2 View Post
    Not to jack his thread, but have a similiar topic....Anyone find a way to select more than one picture from the camera folder and move it to a folder in the My Files. I take alot of pictures and usually when I get to them I have alot, moving each picture one by one takes alot of time. Ive had to take the sd card out and move everything on the computer, but cant always get to a computer.
    I use Astro File Manager (Free) from Google Play, has multi select for files or folders for move/copy/delete, not all new folders created in root of SD card are being recognised by Android Gallery on HTC Desire HD for some reason tho'. Presume this is a "feature" of Android Gallery but haven't worked out what is (not) going on at the mo.