Is this normal for the camera?

MX5_Toronto

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I find my night shots have significant amounts of "bloom". Quite annoying. Never had this problem with previous camera phones. Take a look at the picture attached. Does the same thing happen to you guys?

Notice the lights and rays seemingly streaming from them.

Wondering if my camera is defective.

View attachment 33464

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
That doesn't look normal at all. I haven't had that issue but granted I haven't taken many nighttime outside shots. I have a question though.... why is it on these mobile phones (no matter what browser I try) if I click the picture and pinch to zoom it up a little to see it better the instant I move the screen, like to center the photo, it closes the photo window. It's always been this way and it's quite annoying.

Rev.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Im not sure if its defective but theres a possibility. Make sure your phone isnt in macro mode, this mode is only for close shots and could be the reason your picture is blurry

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
That doesn't look normal at all. I haven't had that issue but granted I haven't taken many nighttime outside shots. I have a question though.... why is it on these mobile phones (no matter what browser I try) if I click the picture and pinch to zoom it up a little to see it better the instant I move the screen, like to center the photo, it closes the photo window. It's always been this way and it's quite annoying.

Rev.

that isnt happening to me on firefox browser Rev mate

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
that isnt happening to me on firefox browser Rev mate

Happens to me... only in the android central forums though. Every where else I can see things when I zoom in.

Im using google chrome

I think it has to do with AC because I cant always see the picture in the app either which is the reason why I go to the web in the first place.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
OK, just did a test at night and this issue is simply a camera thing. I did a test between my S3 and my old iPhone 3G and both do the flare. Attached are both images, first from my S3 and second from the iPhone:

Reactions: MX5_Toronto

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
My pleasure! There might be some way via settings to avoid that effect or reduce it, but I'm not that advanced with photography so maybe someone else can give some pointers.

Rev.

msokad

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I was having the same issue with my S3 as well. I think it has to do with the oils from your hands touching the lens. I wipe the lens quickly with my shirt and the pictures are a 100% better.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I was having the same issue with my S3 as well. I think it has to do with the oils from your hands touching the lens. I wipe the lens quickly with my shirt and the pictures are a 100% better.

While I think lens flares might not be completely unavoidable, this is an excellent suggestion and would make sense in adding to lens anomalies I would think. Going to have to try testing this, maybe tonight I can see if it makes any difference. Thanks for the suggestion!

Rev.

DannyDefinit

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Selecting Night in the Scene Mode option should help.

Also, tapping on the screen to focus on the brightest light source should cut down on the lens flare.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie