Galaxy S3 keeps freezing. help!

Hopeless One

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I had, but removed it after surfed thorough these forums and it didn't change anything.
Oh and another thing. Now my SGS3 crashes every other application when I close it. I just push "back" button and exit from app, phone freezes for a brief moment and then comes back to life with message: unfortunatelly "whichever app I used" stopped responding.

Edit: 5.8.13
Now phone works just perfect. I have installed every single app I had, to make it freeze, when I'll take it to the service, so I could show them. But oddly enough it's working just fine. 38 hours and still counting. Thinking of rooting again..

Posted via Android Central App from a Samsung Galaxy S3

Last edited:

gremlin187

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Edit: 5.8.13
Now phone works just perfect. I have installed every single app I had, to make it freeze, when I'll take it to the service, so I could show them. But oddly enough it's working just fine. 38 hours and still counting. Thinking of rooting again..

Did it start just working out of no where or did you do something else to it?
I'm having the exact same problem you had except I haven't done a factory reset yet. I did the Dummy File thing, flashed different roms, restored older roms, deleted cache, deleted touchwiz cache, deleted apps, removed sd, everything.

I'm minutes from smashing it.

Hopeless One

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Did it start just working out of no where or did you do something else to it?
I'm having the exact same problem you had except I haven't done a factory reset yet. I did the Dummy File thing, flashed different roms, restored older roms, deleted cache, deleted touchwiz cache, deleted apps, removed sd, everything.

I'm minutes from smashing it.

Well actually it worked for like 56 hours and then started to freeze again. So I stopped trying to fix it and just undrooted it and took it back to the service. It seems like there's nothing that can help with it and almost every SGS3 bought in autumn 2012 has these problems. When I'll get my phone back (or replaced) I'll tell you what was causing the problem (I'll ask that in the service) and will tell you here, so maybe some thech guys can figure the way out. I'd suggest you to take it to the service. Factory reset won't do much, but still try it.

gremlin187

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Well actually it worked for like 56 hours and then started to freeze again. So I stopped trying to fix it and just undrooted it and took it back to the service. It seems like there's nothing that can help with it and almost every SGS3 bought in autumn 2012 has these problems. When I'll get my phone back (or replaced) I'll tell you what was causing the problem (I'll ask that in the service) and will tell you here, so maybe some thech guys can figure the way out. I'd suggest you to take it to the service. Factory reset won't do much, but still try it.

Cool, thanks man. I'm just trying to avoid taking it in to a service center as I believe it may have fallen off the back of a lorry and will probably cost me a bit to fix. But I suppose it'll still be cheaper than buying a new phone.

Please keep us updated.
Cheers

Hopeless One

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
So after what seemed like forever I got my phone back. Now it has completely replaced motherboard, integrated flash and Motor Linear Vibration. Sorry if that doesn't make any sense, but I live in Czech Republic and all documents are in Czech, so this is how I understand it. I also had a chat with a technician in service and he told me, that it was motherboard's failure and if you don't have a spare motherboard there's no luck in fixing it on your own. And also he said, that almost every SGS3 that has been bought in autumn 2012 has these sort of problems. For some people memory chip is going down, for others whole motherboard. Sorry to say, but you gotta take it to the service, there's no other way (of course if you tried all the suggestions listed here and they didn't help).

Cool, thanks man. I'm just trying to avoid taking it in to a service center as I believe it may have fallen off the back of a lorry and will probably cost me a bit to fix. But I suppose it'll still be cheaper than buying a new phone.

Please keep us updated.
Cheers

Last edited:

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Hopeless One,
Thanks for the follow up - so many people don't bother letting us know what worked for them so that others can learn from their experience.

Hope your phone remains troublefree. :thumbup:

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

domca33

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Hey, i had the same problem. It was few months ago when my s3 started freezing out of blue. I guess it was not enough so it decided to fry two SD cards and turn off for no reason. It recovered by itself after few days. But what really helps when some problems (battery loss, freezing, turning off) starts is catche clen. This helped me a lot of times, well like now after the android update. Just the frying thing i cant figure it out, so im still without sd card. I must say this phone is really trouble-ish, my friends have s2 and have no issues.

Fishy1510

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Does it freeze when charging? If no, then you need to check your battery. I had this issue and my battery had swollen. Replaced battery then no more issues.

Alice Suraki

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
i did that with my phone as in removing some apps such as facebook but it doesn't change anything.My phone keeps freezing up when i start typing my messages on the keyboard.Honestly i fill like i got the wrong brand of phone sometimes#frustrated...

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
My phone keeps freezing up when i start typing my messages on the keyboard.
Have you tried booting into Safe mode? http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/59242
If the problem goes away then some 3rd party application is causing your problem. If the problem persists then you should try wiping the system cache in Recovery mode.
If all else fails then it's time for a Factory Reset.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

kamal yaseen

Jun 11, 2016
Visit site
My S3 is freezing in any how ..some times with WiFi or without when I open any apps like youtube or FB or Email .anything
I notice rising teparature at the down back
I restart it by the power botum or removing thr batery
I did format but no change

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer