06-11-2016 06:48 AM
- Hi, when my friend is using her GS3, upon opening up some apps, her phone would freeze and the screen would turn off as if the phone is restarting. The phone would then start up at the lock screen.
would anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it? or is anyone else experiencing this?08-03-2012 06:28 PM
- does this happen only on certain apps? is the phone stock, meaning no kinds of modifications made, nothing removed, rooted, etc? try to see if you can replicate the problem and take note of what exactly is done, to get the problem to show up and then post back..08-04-2012 10:21 AM
- So, by clearing the TW cache, you mean from the stock App manager?
I had my original S3 replaced because of this. The new one just locked up last night. The only problem for me when this occurs is that I have a small window when the UI resets to get into the settings and do that. I've had to wipe my phone a good half dozen times in the past 2 months, between the original and replacement phones.
Would a 3rd party launcher fix this?10-03-2012 08:33 AM
- 10-03-2012 09:45 AM
- I was having a similar issue and posted about it here a week ago. I ended up swapping my S3 b/c of it, then as I configured the new one to how I had the old one, it began to happen again. But, through process of elimination this time I was able to figure out what was crashing things. I had enabled some of the lock screen voice commands for unlocking, launching camera, etc. in the S-Voice program, but then I disabled S-Voice b/c I do not like it. This seemed to be what was causing the crashes for me.10-03-2012 11:33 AM
Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:11-25-2012 10:15 PM
The stock app manager is when you long press home button, youll see a load of recent apps you can flick between.
If you tap the bottom left icon on that screen and select RAM at the top, then press "clear", it will close all apps that are running
Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:11-25-2012 10:19 PM
- 02-12-2013 12:39 PM
- You're going to have to give us some information to work with, here.
What version of the phone (Verizon, AT&T, international....)?
How long have you had the phone? Did this just start happening, or has been a problem since the phone was new?
What (if any) apps do you have installed? What apps or configuration changes did you make before it started freezing?
Does it typically freeze when you're in a certain app? Of does it freeze even if you just turn the phone on and let it sit there, doing nothing?
Does it freeze when you're connected to WiFi, or cellular data, or both?
Describe exactly what happens when it freezes. Is it touch input that stops working, or does whatever is happening on the screen stop working? If someone calls you while the phone is frozen, does it ring? Can you answer?
Do you have an SD card inserted? A SIM card?
What do you do to restart it?
Any other details you can give us may make it possible to help you. But right now we simply have nothing to go on.03-12-2013 10:25 AM
- I have a screenfreeze when I use the phone alot, no matter what apps i got opened. It happens more often with WIFI turned on (like every minute some days) but it also freezes on startup before even entering the simcard pincode. I called samsung helpdesk and they told me to do a systemreset and if that doesn't work you can go to a service centre to let it repair free of charge since it has something to do with the chip inside then. There happens to be a bad chip in some of the Galaxy s3's which with automaticly after 150-200 days of using starts with these problems and slowing down the phone.
Other options that worked a bit are: Clear Cache, Enable USB-mistakes searcher, reinstalling the apps u download in the last 2 weeks and reinstalling apps that often eccour problems which shuts down the app. (Apps like: Facebook, Whatsapp etc.)
Another option might be clearing some space on the phone, make sure the internal SD drive has over 1 GB of space left to avoid slowing downs and avoid using battery saving mode can help also.03-14-2013 10:05 AM
- 03-21-2013 06:03 AM
- Yes how do we clear that wiz cache. .
Now 2 just got and I had iphone for years. ..thatbought my memory back to black Berry. Happened once more phone loops beautiful. ..I love it but scared is gonna go glitchy.
Is only 5 days in. . Maybe Galaxy s4?
Yes is refurbished which is probably the bigger issue.
Maybe att can send another.
But. .of like to know how to clear the touch wiz cache.
Btw love to Swpe lol
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums03-21-2013 06:22 AM
I have an S3 with Verizon.
My phone has been locking up since I have purchased it new in November '12
The stock apps are the ones that freeze the most. (messages, camera, calling..)
Most of the time I just have a blank screen when I try to use the camera.
As for messaging, it lags horribly. It will take about a full 5 seconds per letter to type. VERY frustrating.
Also, sometimes when I call, the screen just turns off and I can't hang up until it's done goofing up.
I have a sim & sd card inserted.
To restart it, the only thing that fixes these problems (temporarily) is a battery pull.
I've tried to provide as much info as possible, I'm really sick of dealing with a phone that wont cooperate!
Any suggestions please?03-30-2013 02:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD