1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Screen seems to shift when closing an app...

Has anyone else seen this? When I unlock my phone or close an app the home screen seems to "shift" to the right for just a second and then is fine. It does it no matter what I have set as my home screen. Personal picture, Samsung home screen or even the live wall paper. I couldn't find anything in the forums or online that was quite the same thing.

I'm not using a third party app to set my home screen anymore used wall paper wizardry for a long time but haven't needed it recently.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Android Central Forums
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Update: I cleared my ram (had almost 75% full) and that seemed to fix the problem. Try that if that issue shows up for you. Worked for me at least for the time being.

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

So it is happening again. Anyone else see this on theirs? Have tried clearing ram, messages, emails everything. Still doing it... Don't really want to factory reset but that may be my option...

Any thoughts?

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Default Re: Screen seems to shift when closing an app...

dont think ive experienced it mate. is it really extreme? has ur phone had any firmware updates since u got it?

Global Posts
    1,857 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

maybe try a different launcher?

Default Re: Screen seems to shift when closing an app...

Can you take a video of what is happening?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

It's not extreme but it is really annoying. It basically takes my background shifts it to the right about half a screen and then back again. It seems to slow down my phone too. As it has to do that before I can launch any apps. I will try a different launcher and I am out of town right now so can't post a video but I will when I get back. It is just odd.

Any recs for launchers. I have heard go launcher, apex and a few others thrown around but have been happy with stock so haven't tried any. Thanks.

I have had no updates that I am aware of. It is a verizon s3 and I don't think there have been any out for ours yet. Have checked several times to make sure I'm not missing something I need.

Thanks for the posts... Let me know if anything comes up or if you all come across another feed about this.

Global Posts
    1,857 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

Free launcher go for apex. Offers good features for free but obviously the paid version . Let's you do more.

Nova launcher is probably the best one in terms of features. It is very similar to apex. Just speedier in my opinion.

Go launcher offers every feature that the paid version of nova launcher and apex have... Just seems ginger breadish, old, and not ics+ only like nova and apex.

I use apex. I love it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Update: So I've been using apex for about 24hrs now and the issue has seemed to disappear. Not sure how it would be the launcher causing it, unless I am seeing a brief reload or something like that. But not sure.

I will try to disable the apex launcher and take a video for you all tonight.

As an aside like the apex launcher, it gives it a nice clean look and has the vanilla feel. Will see if I keep it with the jelly bean update comes out for us in the US. But for now is a nice improvement.

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Clearly I haven't had time to post a video yet... I haven't forggorojust gotten busy will let you know! (still running great with apex launcher fyi)