GameKlip(For gamers!!)

Prozak

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
GameKlip - Real controller for real games
Woah is anyone else completely blown away by this thing?
anyone have one? is it worth it? looks great especially since root isnt required!
just ordered one,cant wait to see how nova 3,mc3,gta,and shadowgun is on this thing:D
and also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mvb34LH4Awg

This is just a mount, not a software solution, so it's not going to require root, however, the app that he used to pair the controller to the S3 "six axis controller" requires root.

So, if don't have root access, only way you can pair the S3 to the PS3 controller is by using the USB capabilities of the S3. You will need a usb to micro usb adapter, then plug in the PS3 controller and it will be recognized.

If this clip covers up the usb port on the PS3 controller, then you can't use that way to pair, and six axis controller app would be your only option.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Yup.. And I absolutely love it. I got the wired one, which comes with a USB and OTG cable.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm a bit confused. So is your device required to be rooted to use this at all?

Not if you use a USB connection. If you wanted to play over bluetooth, you would need the Sixaxis app, which DOES require root access.

I have root, but I didn't want to mess around with Sixaxis; and since the SIII has support for the PS3 controller, all the games that I tried (at least so far) have worked without any extra setup.

FunkMasterJoe

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Ok cool. So as long as I get through wired play version as opposed to the wireless play version I'm good to go uprooted?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Ok cool. So as long as I get through wired play version as opposed to the wireless play version I'm good to go uprooted?

Yep... After you hook it up to your PS3 controller, hit the Playstation sync button for a few seconds and you'll be good to go. :cool:

FunkMasterJoe

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Yep... After you hook it up to your PS3 controller, hit the Playstation sync button for a few seconds and you'll be good to go. :cool:

Thanks for the info! Gonna try to pick it up in the coming weeks for sure.

Mac.World

ΣΛΤ ΜΣ
May 3, 2012
Visit site
GameKlip - Real controller for real games
Woah is anyone else completely blown away by this thing?
anyone have one? is it worth it? looks great especially since root isnt required!
just ordered one,cant wait to see how nova 3,mc3,gta,and shadowgun is on this thing:D

This is nice, but I wanted some adjustability, so made my own based off what fellow member (Gerane) did. $10 for a cheap clear cover, $10 for a ps3 wireless keypad clear connector, $3 wedge hinge, $2 spare part bolt, spring, plastic GoPro connector and super glue. The screw is where the adjustment happens and the spring prevents the phone from just flopping forward.

Now I can adjust the screen for laying in bed, sitting or standing for best view. I have about a 60degree arc. Sorry, but the pics are crappy because I used my iPad.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Just FYI.

To anyone getting the "Wired" version, the cable that it comes with is just a reglar OTG cable. So you can use that to plug in other USB gadgets (USB memory sticks, mice, HDDs, etc.) when you are not using the DSIII.

-Suntan

Reactions: Uncle Louie