weak wi-fi strength

dfb8085

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Ok I have suspected in the past that the S3 wi-fi reception is in the toilet. Right now as I write this I am on my apple macair and I have full wifi signal from the hotel no problem. The S3 has 1 dot on wifi and is completely unusable. I have to resort to my 4glte to 4g to edge radio signal spending on where I am. This is the only negative I have found with this phone and it is one of semi importance to me. What say the rest of you and do you think there will be a fix coming in software down the road?

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your problems. So far my Wifi capabilities have been really good. Better than my previous phone which was a Moto DROID 3.

-Suntan

dfb8085

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
This is my 2nd phone and the wife signal reception is very weak on both. Attached changed out the first one for the same trouble. I wonder if it's a art thing with their phones. I expect hotel wifi to be weak but not to the point where my wife's blackberry has 1bar less than full scale and my apple macair is full scale all laying side by side

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

wythme2

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I too am having that same problem. I work in an office that has poor signal o I rely on the wifi. I can be sitting t my desk, and have full bars on my iPod, and iPad, but the sg3 has one bar, then when I go into wifi settings, it says weak signal. I never had this problem with my rezound.

jerseygirl

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I agree with OP, I've experienced several occasions where Wi-Fi strength is low, even when right near the source. In fact the only complaint I have about this phone is that the signal strength is not that great. Honestly, it seems like it was better before some of these updates.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

leprechaunshawn

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I’ve also noticed a pretty weak wi-fi receiver on the GS3. At home I have a Toshiba laptop, Acer desktop, Acer tablet, Nintendo DS, my wife’s HTC EVO 4G and my GS3. We have Time Warner Cable’s Road Runner internet service and our router is a Cisco Linksys Wireless N-Router located in the family room. Usually, no more than 3 of these items are accessing the network at the same time. They all work great inside the house but the GS3 seems to be the only one that has network trouble out on the patio.

r3ddawn

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
try using a different channel on your wifi router and see if that helps with your signal strength... Use an app like Wifi Analyzer from the market to pick a channel not being used where you live..