Never know what's behind lock screen.

Loos059

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Galaxy S3. When I swipe to unlock, I never know what program/app/widget will appear. It's never the Home screen and it's always something different. One time the calculator, another the calendar - come to think of it they're usually apps. It isn't whatever-I-used-last. Grateful for any clues.

rvhighway

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I always return to the home screen when I swipe to unlock because that's the screen that I always lock from. Whenever I'm done doing whatever it was that I was doing, I close the app and/or press the center button and return to the home page. Then, when the screen times-out and locks, or if I momentarily press the side button to blank out the screen, the page is set for my return.

As already said, whatever page or app you last had showing on the screen will be the one that you return to from the lock screen.

dbrides

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I read somewhere to backspace out of all of your apps to close them properly...then you should always be at your homescreen when unlocking

sent from my badazz sammy s3

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I read somewhere to backspace out of all of your apps to close them properly...then you should always be at your homescreen when unlocking

sent from my badazz sammy s3

nah it doesnt matter what apps are running and not all of them closee by tapping back. it should always return to your last task when u come out of lock screen..

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Never seen this issue before.

Have you tried a third party launcher just to test it out?

Install Nova and let us know what happens.

If it persists try a factory restore and see what happens.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Loos059

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
OK, a more careful watch on what was happening revealed the cause. I DID return to the Home screen, but while returning the phone to my pocket, accidentally touched one of the Home Screen App icons. Therefore, I was unaware that I had opened that app and as a result, that was the last one I "used". So you are all correct, and I hope this experience is of use to others.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
OK, a more careful watch on what was happening revealed the cause. I DID return to the Home screen, but while returning the phone to my pocket, accidentally touched one of the Home Screen App icons. Therefore, I was unaware that I had opened that app and as a result, that was the last one I "used". So you are all correct, and I hope this experience is of use to others.

lol this is a lesson to ALWAYS look at the simplest explanations first :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2