What do you look forward the most with Jelly Bean?

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
This phone is already smooth and fast. So I'm not sure what to look for in project butter. I'm rooted and have Google now. So I guess that leaves me with the better notifications?

One bad thing about Google now. It doesn't open apps. At least it doesn't in this rom. But I've seen no videos of it opening apps so I'm going to assume it doesn't do it. Other than that it's great

Splange

May 5, 2012
Visit site
This phone is already smooth and fast. So I'm not sure what to look for in project butter. I'm rooted and have Google now. So I guess that leaves me with the better notifications?

One bad thing about Google now. It doesn't open apps. At least it doesn't in this rom. But I've seen no videos of it opening apps so I'm going to assume it doesn't do it. Other than that it's great

The reviews I watched all say that Google now on official jellybean doesn't open apps "yet", implying that Google is working on adding that ability. I hope it comes in the form of a simple app update rather than in a future OS that we have to wait for.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
The reviews I watched all say that Google now on official jellybean doesn't open apps "yet", implying that Google is working on adding that ability. I hope it comes in the form of a simple app update rather than in a future OS that we have to wait for.

Cool. I've we get that update and they update the voice recognition a little bit more it will surely kill siri. I have no accent and I believe I articulate but sometimes it doesn't recognize what I said correctly. Then again it's only in beta stage. I like it though.

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Better battery life would be nice.

Probably wouldn't use Google Now. Project Butter sounds nice, but only if it has a neutral or positive effect on battery life.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Better battery life would be nice.

Probably wouldn't use Google Now. Project Butter sounds nice, but only if it has a neutral or positive effect on battery life.
my gut instinct is that itl use more battery. i wish that without rooting and custom rom, touchwiz would let us control the cpu speed (within reason) like we do with screen brightness so that we can customise the power saving mode to underclock by however we want depending on circumstances. they may say im a dreamer lol :)

Shadowtc

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I think it wont use much more if it does since most updates help with smoothness and battery life

Sent from my Galaxy SIII on Rezurrection Rom and OC/UV using Red Xparent Tapatalk 2

velvetelvis

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Looking forward to seeing how long this updates sits with the carriers before they decide we deserve it. As far as the update goes, butter, now and notifications. Same as everyone else.

walcolm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
i want me some butter and Google NOW!!!!

i'll consider my phone fast enough when it does things just as i start thing about them

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

I just ordered my GS3 and it still hasent arrived so I?m sorry for my ignorance regardings this, but what is "Nova Launcher" and "Google Now"? Does it really make a difference in performance? I believe we can always uninstall stuff from the stock OS to make it a bit lighter, not having to root the phone and void our warranty. But please correct me if I?m wrong. :)

Cheers

Splange

May 5, 2012
Visit site
I just ordered my GS3 and it still hasent arrived so I?m sorry for my ignorance regardings this, but what is "Nova Launcher" and "Google Now"? Does it really make a difference in performance? I believe we can always uninstall stuff from the stock OS to make it a bit lighter, not having to root the phone and void our warranty. But please correct me if I?m wrong. :)

Cheers

Nova Launcher is a downloadable home screen launcher you can replace touchwiz with. Some people prefer its aesthetic and it's apparently a lot faster. We're talking about it because we're wondering if Google's new project butter feature will make the stock OS as fast as nova launcher.

Google Now is a feature on the upcoming Jelly Bean OS that aims to push relevant information to you before you ask for it. The phone would use data about your patterns and schedule to guess what info you need. It'll tell you the weather in the morning, when you have to leave for work based on local traffic, the score for your favourite sports team if they're playing that day etc.

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Nova Launcher is a downloadable home screen launcher you can replace touchwiz with. Some people prefer its aesthetic and it's apparently a lot faster. We're talking about it because we're wondering if Google's new project butter feature will make the stock OS as fast as nova launcher.

Google Now is a feature on the upcoming Jelly Bean OS that aims to push relevant information to you before you ask for it. The phone would use data about your patterns and schedule to guess what info you need. It'll tell you the weather in the morning, when you have to leave for work based on local traffic, the score for your favourite sports team if they're playing that day etc.

Thanks for the answer :)
Did you also rooted your phone, installed this launcher and reccomend it? I believe that if Samsung launches Jelly Bean for the S3 sometime soon rooting the phone might be unnecessary for those seeking even better performance, for a phone that is already pretty fast. What?s your thoughs about this?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995