1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Recording video - Numbers in Bottom right?

Hello,

I just made my first few HD recordings with the GS3. While I'm amazed by the quality, I have a quick question.

There are 2 sets of numbers in the lower right corner of the screen separate by a slash. I'm assuming it is related to bit rate / buffer capacity or something like that. Anyone have any info about these, and if there is a way to hide the info while recording?

Thanks!

This is just a guess but I believe the numbers are how much kilobytes the video recording is so far and to the right of the slash (/), how much space you have left on your phone or card, whichever you're saving the video on. So it tells you just how big the video is as you're recording.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Recording video - Numbers in Bottom right?

I don't think it is related to the size of the video because they don't start at zero, and they change values in both directions. (not always increasing)

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

another complete guess but maybe frames per second?

Quote Originally Posted by gfreakinman View Post
    Hello,

I just made my first few HD recordings with the GS3. While I'm amazed by the quality, I have a quick question.

There are 2 sets of numbers in the lower right corner of the screen separate by a slash. I'm assuming it is related to bit rate / buffer capacity or something like that. Anyone have any info about these, and if there is a way to hide the info while recording?

Thanks!
    The first number is the current size of the video... and the second number is how much data space is left.
    Super-elite full-time dad

ROM
    Me: WickedSens 4.1.1

And recording video...the counter for the size of the video is never going to start at 0.
    Even if you record only 1 frame of video, or .01 second of video, it's still not going to be anywhere near 0 in size, depending on the quality.

Think about that...how much space HD vid takes up...it could never be 0 in size or you wouldn't have any video at all...there would be no image or sound (and this number you see is the total size of the image track plus the sound track..so complete video / audio file size).

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

is it at zero before u press Record?
    Super-elite full-time dad

ROM
    Me: WickedSens 4.1.1

Actually, as soon as you press record, it jumps from 0 to 155mb on the first frame. The first frame is only one second(or less)

Swype'd with my Sammy Galaxy S3