MHL: HDMI to DVI Troubling Shooting

Sony_Mouse

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I bought an MHL cord to connect my Galaxy S3 to my RCA 52" Rear Projection TV (Model# D52W19)

Because it's an older model, it only has DVI. I bought the HDMI to DVI cable, as well as the audio cable.

But it does not seem to be working. I get audio fine through the audio cable, but no picture what so ever. I'm sure I'm just doing something wrong, but was wondering if anyone else had experienced this.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Most of the time those older "HD" TVs didn't actually support a native 1080p signal as an input resolution.

I believe the phone only outputs a 1080p signal, so that would possibly be the issue.

-Suntan

dmitry408

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
The lowest acceptable resolution is supposed to be negotiated by both devices, so they'd both use 1080i if it is what TV's highest resolution is.
My best guess would be that HDCP is getting in the way. Have you tried connecting DVD/BD player with HDMI output through your DVI cable?
DVD players typically have better HDMI firmware than cellphones. If it doesn't connect either with DVI, then this is most likely HDCP.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol