View Poll Results: Which email app do you use?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stock Gmail

75 72.82%
  • Stock Email

17 16.50%
  • Tocuhdown

1 0.97%
  • K-9

10 9.71%
  • Other

7 6.80%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    451 Global Posts

Default Which Email App Do You Use for You Gmail Account?

I was curious what those with gmail use... the gmail stock app or the email stock app or another?

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

Default Re: Which Email App Do You Use for You Gmail Account?

I've only had this phone for a couple of weeks, so I'm still figuring everything out, but for right now I'm using the stock email app for all emails. I like the gmail app better as far as functionality, but I also want all of my emails in one spot, not spread over several different apps.

Global Posts
    1,857 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

both Gmail stock and regular stock.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

ive used gmail since my 1st android and i dont use email for business or anything so email is about the only function i dont use 3rd party apps for lol. it just works for me so thats fine
    Thanked by:
    bgl321 

Quote Originally Posted by clickityclack View Post
    I've only had this phone for a couple of weeks, so I'm still figuring everything out, but for right now I'm using the stock email app for all emails. I like the gmail app better as far as functionality, but I also want all of my emails in one spot, not spread over several different apps.
    Ditto.
    Thanked by:
    bgl321 

Kaiten mail for everything except Exchange and for: Touchdown.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    EVO & an Acer A500 tablet.

My files: http://www.appbrain.com/user/bclinge...the-htc-evo-4g

Gmail stick app for my Gmail and comcast email addresses. I also use the stock email app for the comcast address which is my primary email.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S3 Handheld Device
    Thanked by:
    bgl321 

Global Posts
    11,761 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

Gmail app for my gmail accounts. Yahoo app for my Yahoo email account (it supports push). I use the email app for my Exchange account.

Sent from my Nexus 7
    Thanked by:
    bgl321 

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts

I use Gmail app for Gmail and for my work email the stock. Both work awesome.
    Thanked by:
    bgl321 

I use the stock Gmail app. I like the Priority Inbox. For me using the Priority Inbox & setting up filters have almost eliminated interruptions from unimportant emails.
    Thanked by:
    bgl321 

I have 3 Gmail accounts and all are being used by the stock app just fine

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    bgl321 

Quote Originally Posted by Tkbredx View Post
    both Gmail stock and regular stock.
    Same here.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    bgl321 

Does anyone know which if any of these email apps support pinch zooming as well as hyper links? My new GS3 is due to arrive in the next couple of days and from what I've witnessed the stock app does not support pinch zooming. Thanks.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

im pretty sure gmail does

Global Posts
    277 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jontalk View Post
    Does anyone know which if any of these email apps support pinch zooming as well as hyper links? My new GS3 is due to arrive in the next couple of days and from what I've witnessed the stock app does not support pinch zooming. Thanks.
    On my sprint GS3 the stock samsung email app supports multitouch zoom, gmail does not

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

ur right man. no pinch to zoom on gmail
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    547 Global Posts

Stock app

~Jae, Tap'n on my White Samsung Galaxy S3~
    ~Jae~
    Thanked by:
    bgl321 

Currently the stock app for work(exchange) and ISP email and the gmail app for gmail. But I'm thinking about moving the gmail account over to the stock app as I don't really like having to check two email apps. Plus the stock gmail app doesn't have a unread count on the home screen icon.
    Thanked by 2:

I've used both but im back to using the gmail app since I have ics. I really like the new look.
    Thanked by:
    bgl321 
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Global Posts
    451 Global Posts

I keep going back and forth with both. The only real advantage of the stock email app is the unread count. But I don't like the100 email or 1 month restriction.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

I was using the stock email app until I found that if you download the same email from the email server to your pc, the email would disappear from the phone. I didn't like that at all. I like to keep certain email messages on my phone for reference.

I tried K-9, but didn't care for it at all. Then I found an article detailing how to add a pop3 account to your gmail account. I added one of my pop3 accounts and have been finding this much to my liking.

I find the labels very useful for collating / storing email. I also like the spam filter. The default conversation mode puts some people off, but I find it useful. Running the pop3 account through Gmail is a great way to organize email on the phone. You can even put a shortcut on your home screen for your account using the label shortcut widget.
    Last edited by Sailindawg; 08-09-2012 at 06:09 PM.
    Thanked by:
    bgl321 
    beh

Global Posts
    387 Global Posts

I currently use K-9 but have used the stock S3 mail app also. The stock app doesn't do gmail, you have to use the factory installed gmail mail app. K-9 is not up to the abilities of the newer email features so I have started using Aquamail which from a preliminary trial seems to be a really well thought out and executed mail app.

Quote Originally Posted by cataloochee View Post
    I currently use K-9 but have used the stock S3 mail app also. The stock app doesn't do gmail, you have to use the factory installed gmail mail app. K-9 is not up to the abilities of the newer email features so I have started using Aquamail which from a preliminary trial seems to be a really well thought out and executed mail app.
    Wow. Thanks for mentioning Aquamail! I hadn't heard of it before this, but it does look promising. I'm always on the hunt for a good email app, so I'll give this one a go for a few days before deciding whether to purchase the pro license. I'm impressed so far, though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Sailindawg View Post
    I was using the stock email app until I found that if you download the same email from the email server to your pc, the email would disappear from the phone. I didn't like that at all. I like to keep certain email messages on my phone for reference.
    Leaving the email on the server is an option in email software. It'll be in the email program's server options.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckeeDroid View Post
    Leaving the email on the server is an option in email software. It'll be in the email program's server options.

Unfortunately the stock email app on the SIII doesn't have that option. The only problem for me with the stock email app is that you lose your mail on your phone as soon as you open your email client on your pc and download mail.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast