After factory reset, app settings didn't restore!

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I forgot to blank out my google account,

here it is:

attached:
yeah man it is really misleading. this is the 1st android i havent rooted so i thought it was great of samsung to add that feature if it had done what i thought. hopefully its the future :)

pcguys

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Since my S3 apps didn't start auto-download as described above, I wonder if something didn't work as intended. Maybe it was supposed to backup all app data but maybe it just mis-fired?

Mike

almath

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I deleted earlier to re-read this post. I have the same back up and reset options on my gnex and have done a reset. My apps did auto download and my contacts were there also. I do believe something went wrong with your reset. Now the apps if you didn't do some sort of back up to save your settings come back, but not modified.

Sent from Alexis Nexus

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
yeah apps (the apk) should auto download but Pc wanted the app settings to backup/restore and the backup option on the s3 does read like it backs up app settings (i know that usualy requires root but if it was baked into the s3 rom then it could work) unfortunately not :(

almath

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
There were a few apps I really wanted my settings saved, although there is no sd card I took a chance and did a backup within the app. Unbelievably it worked for my text and money app which is all I wanted. Fb and Twitter didn't work.

Sent from Alexis Nexus

wise14life

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
now am really pissed. ... I had an issue with my samsung s3, so I did a hard reset and reloaded ma rom, before the reload I installed titanium pro rooted my phone and did back ups for ma apps individually, now am confused I dont know how to go about restoring my apps. any help please? as I have tried my best but can't trace my previous back up before hard reset

JudH

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
What about an app like this? From what I understand it should work swimmingly on a non rooted phone...

I use MyBackupPro. It bit me the first time I did a reset--it does NOT backup app settings if you aren't rooted. Works fine if you are. If you're not rooted best bet is to go thru every app and see if it has it's own backup/restore function.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Be aware that with My Backup (free) and My Backup Pro (paid), even though they backup MMS, there's a problem after restoring said MMS: if you're using the stock Messaging app and attempt to delete a thread, it'll delete it and then an empty version of it will reappear that you can't delete.

I sent them a bug report and they weren't able to fix the problem - their solution was to have me load an alternate messaging app.

Note that if you use the Kies software on your PC to backup/restore MMS, that works correctly. YMMV.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton