So what DON'T you like about the GS3?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
yeah even Light Flow is crap. id love a lot more control over the Led but its not really a negative point, more of a lack of positive.... or something lol

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
S voice is a pain in the butt, and I can't reliably use hands-free dialing in the car.

Oh, and I wish the Samsung gestures worked more universally. The double tap to scroll up thing would be awesome if it was usable.

Sent from my Galaxy S III via Tapatalk

masonsparty

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Screen is def not gorilla glass. Both my previous HTC phone i used totally not a single blemish on the screen. On the S3 i got a pretty bad scratch that made it look like it was always a wet spot. I never put the screen in pocket with anything else in it, its pretty weak. Phone charging port luckily went bad so i tried to scratch with butter knife and scratched easily, then tried my old htc evo and evo 3d and could not get to scratch! SO, looks like i will have to get screen protector for new phone which i hate!

mooseo21

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
No SIM issue sporadically occurring and picture messages "file not supported" issue that only fixes via reboot, soooo annoying. I want to love this phone so much and tell people how awesome it is. Unfortunately these issues make that hard to do.

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
you have some excelent advice man and i respect that but u come across as very negative and unfriendly :( why take the time to bump up a thread u dont like lol?

It was a joke dude, relax.

I'll take your comment into consideration next time you ask for help.

Sent from my rooted/modded/stock Samsung Galaxy SIII using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
oh i forgot bout the speaker lol. its crap, mono and in totaly the wrong place but if it was stereo and at the front or top and bottom but then we'd have a fat assed phone lol :)

Princesa

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
oh i forgot bout the speaker lol. its crap, mono and in totaly the wrong place but if it was stereo and at the front or top and bottom but then we'd have a fat assed phone lol :)

Agreed! I wonder what made them decide to put in the back? common sense was lacking on that move lol

LMaui

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I live in Hawaii and the screen is totally impossible to read outside in the daylight. I also don't like the physical home button. This phone is slippery, I know get a case for it, which I have but the phone is much better looking without a case.

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
What don't I like?

The screen doesn't like bright sunlight. At all.

Otherwise no real complaints from me.

Yeah, my Fascinate was brighter. And the screen/ glass already scratched. My, almost 2 year old Fascinate does not have one scratch. But that high def is sick.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Agreed! I wonder what made them decide to put in the back? common sense was lacking on that move lol

lol its more the fact that its not in the middle so when ur watchin youtube with the phone in landscape mode ur finger either covers it or bounces the sound in mad directions lol headphones r essential :)

Terminator91

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
The build quality. It feels like a cheap toy I could break at any moment. Sure the screen is superb, as is the hyper-glaze color. But the side buttons are horrendously poor, as is the flimsy battery cover with more and more people claiming slight squeaks and creaks.

What's worse is, despite me not even moving my phone anywhere and having it wrapped in microfiber, the edges of the battery cover have slight bumps at the top. How the heck did they get there? It's like there is paint globs underneath or something. I'm guessing when I pulled the back cover off to put the battery in or the SD card, it must've warped the paint coating?

Then, another negative is the physical home button. Why they didn't go with the ICS route of no physical buttons, I don't know. But if you're going to put a button, commit to it and make it good. Not some weird, cheap tiny shape which is awkwardly pressed. Keep the rectangle shape of the SG2 etc. I have a hunch it will be the first thing to fail on my phone, especially since you need to hold or depress it to change apps, close, start task manager.

Additionally, the apps and bloatware. Samsung wants to act as if it has some of the best software which is just no true. It's horrendous. Samsung software and UI has always been crap, from their blu-ray players to their phones etc. S-Voice is one of the worst and buggiest thing's ive ever used. Samsung Apps is next to useless when you have Google Play. It's like Sony. Stick to hardware.

I don't know, just disappointed I guess. Another qualm is the cheap speaker on the back, symmetrically placed to the right of the camera and is as small as the LED flash to maintain lines. But it is small, quite poor, not very loud.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I live in Hawaii and the screen is totally impossible to read outside in the daylight. I also don't like the physical home button. This phone is slippery, I know get a case for it, which I have but the phone is much better looking without a case.
yeah i really love the LED display but i live in crappy scotland. a back-lit LCD would maybe be better for nice sunny places

Last edited: