Gelaskins and decalgirl

jj2339

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone tried out Gelaskins or decalgirls skins before? I am easily bored and thought it would be fun to change up the color on my s3, but not sure if these are hard to put on, or could be reused if I swap them out.

Also, I saw that decalgirl has them in matte or high gloss, and was leaning to high gloss, but didn't know if anyone had used them and found the high gloss to be distracting.

Cheers!

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
yeah im considering one coz i want my phone to be black or carbon fibre looking.
also what quality is the bit that covers the screen? is it like having a cheap screen protector on?

lv2bsilly

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried out Gelaskins or decalgirls skins before? I am easily bored and thought it would be fun to change up the color on my s3, but not sure if these are hard to put on, or could be reused if I swap them out.

Also, I saw that decalgirl has them in matte or high gloss, and was leaning to high gloss, but didn't know if anyone had used them and found the high gloss to be distracting.

Cheers!

I have used Decal Girl in the past on my Ipods and tried it with the S3 and they are great. They are really easy to apply and fairly thin. Once you take it off it is probably not reusable. I have never tried the gloss, only the matte.

Reactions: jj2339

LoveMyPhone

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I buy multiple backs for all my phones and different skins to apply to them so I can change the look of my phone. I have purchased probably 20 or more skins each from Dealgirl and SkinIt. They both make excellent skins! They are not reusable though. Once you take one off it's done!
When you purchase a skin from Decalgirl you get a code to download a screen saver that matches the skin. Both companies include a front skin that covers the "colored" part of the front of the phone (the part of the phone that is blue on the blue phone and white on the white phone ;) ) The front part WILL attach to a screen protector, if you have one on, and it will REMOVE it if you take the skin off. (Just so you know!)
By the way, I have about 10 battery door covers for the S II (Epic Touch, (Sprint) )that I'd be happy to sell, if anyone needs some! ;) I'll even leave the skins on them, if you don't like the skin just peel it off!

LoveMyPhone

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site

Cheers!

They are pretty easy to put on. Just be patient and make sure you have it lined up properly before you really start "pressing" it down!
As far as gloss or matte, it depends on the design you select. The high gloss is very shiney!! The matte finish is more "natural" looking and works best on most designs.
The best carbon fiber one, in my opinion, is from SkinIt. You can find it in their "Textures" section. I like it because it really does have texture!

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
ah right so the front part just goes around the screen and doesnt cover it? id like that.. dont really want plastic over my screen :)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
just discovered Amazon Uk sell the decalgirl skins :) the skinit ones are prety expensive. hmm do i go black or carbon fibre????

jj2339

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
just discovered Amazon Uk sell the decalgirl skins :) the skinit ones are prety expensive. hmm do i go black or carbon fibre????

i grabbed a few from decal girl.....wasn't sure if I should do a black glossy or black matte, so got both!

May try the ones from SkinIt too for the texture...they grey and blue textured looked pretty cool....course it's a bit like throwing your money away....if you like how one looks, once you remove it's wasted.....but i get bored easily, so I"m sure i'll want to do something different in a few weeks regardless....

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
lol well i orderd the carbon one from amazon uk then it said it would take 2-3wks delivery lol theres a warehouse 5miles away from me! cancelled it.. it would prob be quicker ordering from US lol

lesorkim

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
I've bought from DecaGirl. Very satisfied. Got clear cover so my back would show through. Plus the chrome trim on the SGS3. They are the least expensive. Went on easy. Also, matching wall paper is awesome. Always have people commenting about how the wall paper matches the phone cover.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
is there a certain way to clean the phone before applying these skins? do the DecalGirl ones come with a cleaning fluid or wipe or something?

LoveMyPhone

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
i grabbed a few from decal girl.....wasn't sure if I should do a black glossy or black matte, so got both!

May try the ones from SkinIt too for the texture...they grey and blue textured looked pretty cool....course it's a bit like throwing your money away....if you like how one looks, once you remove it's wasted.....but i get bored easily, so I"m sure i'll want to do something different in a few weeks regardless....

Stock up on multipile backs and apply different skins to each one and you can change them to your hearts content! ;) When I get bored I just change it to something different for a while!

LoveMyPhone

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
is there a certain way to clean the phone before applying these skins? do the DecalGirl ones come with a cleaning fluid or wipe or something?

I just give mine a good alcohol rub before I apply and wipe off with a microfiber cloth. It's a good idea to give your fingertips a good cleaning with the alcohol too!

LoveMyPhone

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
cool my fiance is diabetic and uses white spirits on her finger before testing her blood. will that work?

I am diabetic too but not sure what white spirits is. It should work though, as long as it doesn't have any kind of oils in it. I use one of my alcohol wipes.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
not sure what it is mate. it comes in a bottle and i think its like a surgical strength alcohol. it smells like a mix of hospital and vodka lol :)

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Just spent the last hour trying to put an all black DecalGirl skin onto my white 32 gig international GS 3 ( GT I9300). The front took me only about 5 minutes to get right., although I *did* have to use a very thin scissors in one corner to make it lie flat. But I never did get the backside on right. It simply isn't big enough to cover the white back (battery) door. The packaging says it's for an S3, but it's not for *this* S3. I've decided to keep the front skin on, but just not use the back one. Inside the case, you can't see much of the backside anyway.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
yeah i dont plan to use the battery cover one coz one of my cases would probably just pull it of anyway plus black and white is a good look. so how easy/hard is it to put the front one on mate? does it sink below the lip of the chrome bezel so that the edges dont get caught on anything? did u get any bubbles?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae