Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

Default Red Light is on

What does it mean of the red light near the front camera is on? Had my GS3 for almost a month and this is the first time I think I seen it.

Default Re: Red Light is on

You have a message or notification?

That's the sensor for motion stuff like direct call and smart stay, it sounds only be on when a motion could be used,I only have direct call so mine is only on during texting threads

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    567 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.1.2 Stock Rooted

Mine is red when I have a Facebook notification...I don't believe I changed any settings.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

I've seen it too. When I'm in my bedroom and it's dark I can see it too.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Banned

Global Posts
    235 Global Posts

Mines only red when its charging

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

And just so where all on the same page, I'm referring to tone of the 2 small lights that are by the front camera, not the notification LED by now the other side.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

roxanne

Quote Originally Posted by crisg723 View Post
    And just so where all on the same page, I'm referring to tone of the 2 small lights that are by the front camera, not the notification LED by now the other side.
    Those are the proximity, and light sensors.

Ah, yea those are proximity and light sensors... Don't know why they'd be lighting up...

Sent from my ICS loaded Samsung G S II E4GT
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

I restarted my phone and it went away. Don't know why it was on in the first place myself.

i found a solution )
    After i tried sooo many app to disable this sensor light. I found that the solution is to open viber and exit from it ( from settings select exit don:t exit by home button) and try
    Thanked by 3:

What does it mean of the red light near the front camera is on? Had my GS3 for almost a month and this is the first time I think I seen it.
    Proximity sensor

On my Samsung galaxy s3 running android 4.0

Because unlike ios, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not in infinite cluttered homescreens
    Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens

Wow im impressed Rizsye that you found the problem I thought something was wrong with my phone but i followed your instructions and it fixed it. Great work.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

noticed lastnght that my prox sensor glows and im guessing its the Wave Control app doing it but the app only uses 2% battery in background so i dont care

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    GT-I9300, UK

turn viber on and off, it worked. Thnx

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

i dont have viber

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    GT-I9300, UK

You are grate dude it's the real answer for that.i thought my s 3 was broken now Im REALLY REALLY HAPPY MANY MANY THANKS

Thumbs up Re: Red Light is on

Rizsye,
    Thanks. Exiting Viber did the trick.

what is a viber?

Quote Originally Posted by rizsye View Post
    i found a solution )
    After i tried sooo many app to disable this sensor light. I found that the solution is to open viber and exit from it ( from settings select exit don:t exit by home button) and try
    Hi, I couldn't follow how you fixed the "red light issue".. What is "open viber and exit from it" ???? I just got my S3 last Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Nagle View Post
    what is a viber?
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelauthor View Post
    Hi, I couldn't follow how you fixed the "red light issue".. What is "open viber and exit from it" ???? I just got my S3 last Wednesday.
    Let me google that for you
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.
    Thanked by:

I've tried restarting and taking out the battery to get rid of the red light that appears next to the camera, and it still doesn't change anything. So the phone would probably have to get checked out if what we try to do doesn't solve anything to the red light.

Try a factory reset. If that doesn't work it's a defect in the LED and you would either deal with it or replace it.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

I wish people wouldn't suggest a factory reset quite so blithely. It can be a royal pain to recover from, and it should be the last resort, not the first thing to try.

Crystal, did you recently install any new apps? If so, you might try uninstalling them, reboot, and see what happens. Otherwise, try a couple of other things first:

1. Go to Settings / Display / LED. Uncheck all the options, then reboot, and see if it goes away. (I'm assuming you're not charging the phone--the red light is supposed to be on then.) If that works, then re-check the appropriate options.

2. If that doesn't work, try clearing the phone's cache. Boot into recovery (Turn the phone OFF, and wait for it to shut down completely. Press and hold, at the same time, the volume UP, home and power keys. When you see the Samsung logo, release all three buttons. If the phone boots normally, shut it down and try again.) Use the volume buttons to select the option to clear cache, then the power button to execute. Reboot the phone.

3. If that doesn't fix it, try going to the Application Manager, and tap Menu / Reset app preferences.

If none of that works, then a factory reset might be the next step. You'll want to back up as much of your data as possible first. Check out the Helium app in the playstore, or use Kies.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.
    Thanked by:
    msndrstood likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast