Hairline crack appeared on the battery cover

uxaar

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
So ..there you have it.

I didnt think this would happen to me but it did.
I always have an official samsung mesh case protecting the phone and today i decided to check to see if i have any issues with the battery cover.

I 've noticed a 3 mil long crack in the upper right corner.

Dreissig

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Happened to me too. It's (usually) from applying too much pressure on the back case via sitting whilst it's in your rear pocket.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

xxINFIDELxx

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I had mine in a TPU case, just switched to the Otterbox Commuter in White/Gray and noticed a nickel size crackling in the glaze on the back, like crackle glazed wall tile. I dropped it once when I had it out of it's case sitting on a set of blueprints and the slippery bastard fell off my desk and hit the concrete floor. Didn't think it was damaged but looks like it is now slightly "Antiqued".

jhousden9

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I have a tiny crack like that near the camera lense. It's not cracked all the way through though so i'm not too bothered about it.

Sent from my GT-I9300

taekcool

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Same here. My girlfriend's Galaxy S3 cracked horizontally across the screen with NO REASON This happened after around 10 days of use. She babied this so much that she didn't even let me play with it and I was with her when this happened. I did see the screen was fine about an hour ago and then we suddenly found this crack when she was watching Youtube/Texting. The only thing I can think of right now is the Heat causing some tensile/compressible force on the glass by the things surrounding it, lcd, casing, name it. We are planning to go to AT&T tonight and they'd better refund us if not this will go viral in the internet and I will make sure it costs them.

carrielsal

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday I noticed that my screen has a crack across it about an inch over the home button. I did not drop it or carry it in my back pocket.