email ... need icon for 3 separate email accts

stclairt

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
The standard gmail acct, one for work exchange server, and a personal aol acct. I want 3 separate icons. I have one for gmail but my work and aol I have to switch between the two in the same icon. I don't like that.

I just got the Galaxy S III today!!

Still learning ....

Tammy

TeamsRock

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I am in the same boat and looking for solutions -- for what I am looking for unless I subscribe to multiple vendors for accounts I am screwed -- I have three businesses where I cannot get different subscribers

If anyone has any suggestions I am open

Gregg

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I understand the first post above, but not sure I understand TeamRock's or what your'e looking for.

I don't think you can set up different shortcuts to different email accounts, short of using different email apps (like the gmail app for one and the email app for another and something like K-9 app for another).

FWIW, I maintain about 12 email accounts all from within the Email app (9 of these are Gmail accounts, and 3 are others, such as Yahoo, Hotmail/outlook and Exchange). I only keep one shortcut to the email app, and it's easy to switch accounts from within the email app, or view the "combined inbox" if I want to see them all together.

For the Gmail accounts, I have a few important accounts that I've set up shortcuts/icons to separately by adding shortcuts to a Gmail label. In the Gmail accounts, I automatically assign a label to the emails coming into that account. So (for example), I have a Gmail account for "Business 1" and another for "Business 2". In each of those accounts, I automatically assign a label of "Business 1" or "Business 2" to any email coming into those accounts. Then on my phone, I set up a shortcut to those labels so I can quickly get to the account.

It's really not that bad. Especially since the default email app also has a "combined inbox" and also has a widget you can put on the screen that switches through the accounts when you tap on it.