Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Default Re: My S3 wont charge at all?!

Em, i had to same problem as you. But mine was maybe a little bit difference. Okay, when i tried to recharge my SIII battery, i used the charge port that has be supplied and given. But, after a few month(i started using SIII since August 2012) i notice that the battery icon that show up the battery percentage(a green battery icon that pops up when we connect to the charger) suddenly didn't appear. So, when i try to restart my phone a few time, Thank god its work! But, that not takes so long before its happen again(it did work when i tried the same method) and today, the charge port seem won't work anymore. So i had to use the USB charger that connect to the laptop to charge my device. It worked great but not sure if it will last forever. So in my cases, i pretty sure that the issues is coming from the Charge port. So maybe i should send it back to them so that they can fix it or give me a new charge port or I WANT MY MONEY BACK! but no matter what happen SIII seems great to me for its performance and accessbility.

Sorry for my english. i live in Malaysia so maybe my english isn't good. (A Hello from Malaysia)
    jdel30 likes this.

My S3 is 7 weeks old and the charging port is already bad. New one suppose to be coming today...refurbished to replace a less than two month old phone...WTH???

my s3 also facing tha same problem.... oh ....please help me... it just happen ...

Check with samsung. They will honor the manufacturer warranty.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

Mine had the same trouble. I deleated some apps and now its good. I think one of the apps i downloaded csused it.

try to take out your external SD card...it may work.

I had a similar issue with my sg3. It wouldnt charge when turned on while on the charger. and it was dying wayyy to fast. so for the dying part, I bought a 4500mAh extended battery. FIX AND A HALF! and for the charging issue. i tried using a different cable... same charger...different cable. and now its all gravy hope it helps

i have the same exact problem! HELP

Quote Originally Posted by lizzyz View Post
    i have the same exact problem! HELP
    So have you done anything suggested in this thread to try to resolve it? If not, read the thread and try the suggestions. Let us know what you've tried and the results.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

Global Posts
    16,847 Global Posts
    ROM
    Carbon ROM

@Amitras....There was an exploit in the international version of the S3 that allowed a rouge app to root the device. It is possible (unlikely) that this happened. If they keep giving you the run around, do a factory reset, and boot into recovery and wipe your cache and Dalvik if possible. See if that helps.

Lightbulb Re: My S3 wont charge at all?!

I had similar issue, the battery was working correctly one day then it suddenly died, I tried another battery already charged and my phone turn on correctly, I tried the dead battery in another phone and it wont charge, what I did was:
    1.I was trying wall charger and it wont charge,
    2. without unplug the phone I press vol down+home+power for 15 seconds the phone vibrated multiple times but it wont charge.
    3.I unplugged the phone from wall charger and plug in one laptop usb port and it started charging again.

im not sure if all steps are required of if they have anything to do but that's what I did and something made the battery work again.

hope this helps.

regards.

Sounds like your wall charger is not working. I don't think your attempt to reboot into download mode had anything to do with it.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

I tried wall charger and USB port and none worked, also wall charger was working on the other phone. after the battery "unstuck" now is charging again in wall charger, USB and everywhere normally again.
    the battery died for a while and now came back to life, I don't know why.

I am facing the same problem! Already contacted Amazon in USA, they sent me a brand new battery, and it still didn't work. Amazon has provided a good work in customer support.
    After that I contacted Samsung USA, they told I should contact Samsung UK as the model is an international model. After contacting Samsung UK, received this letter:
    Dear Maria,
    Thank you for contacting Samsung Customer Support.
    Im sorry you are experiencing problems with your S3, namely the battery charging issue you have reported. I can understand your frustration about this as obviously it prevents you from using your device effectively.
    Please note that our service centre in the UK can only repair devices that were manufactured inside the EU. As the country of origin for your device is outside the EU, it is not covered under the warranty policy for this region and cannot be serviced here.
    Please contact the original retailer, or Samsung in the country of purchase, where they may be able to assist you further.
    You can view all countries and regions available for Samsung support at the link below:
    SAMSUNG
    If there is anything else we can help with, please let us know.
    Our Customer Support Team love feedback! Share your thoughts on this response by completing the survey at the bottom of this page.
    Kind regards,

Jody
    Online Support Team
    SAMSUNG Customer Support Centre

I got nervous with this letter, so I contacted the service support again in USA! I wanted to know the right Samsung to contact. Here goes the conversation. It seems that the person was not able to provide technical support.

Stark: Hi, thank you for contacting Samsung Technical Support. How may I help you today?
    Visitor: Hi
    Stark: Hello, how may I assist you?
    Visitor: Hello, I'm, facing problems with my Samsung Galaxy S3. The battery is not charging. I bought a new battery and the problem persists.
    Stark: I'm sorry to know that.
    Stark: I understand that the device is not charging when connected to a charger and the issue is persisting after replacing the battery also. Is that correct?
    Visitor: I already got in touch with the assistance of the USA, where I bought the phone, and told me that my cell was manufactured in UK, so I got in touch with the assistance of Uk and they told me that the phone was not manufactured there, so they could not give assistance.
    Stark: I'm sorry to hear that.
    Visitor: yes, that's it!
    Stark: I'm sorry to inform you that the device is not a US model device.
    Stark: LiveChat support on Samsung.com is for the U.S. models only. Unfortunately, we do not have technical or troubleshooting information for non-U.S. models. For information regarding your product, I suggest checking the Samsung website for the country where the product was purchased. I apologize for the inconvenience.
    Stark: You need to contact the Place of purchase or UK or Indian support for the assistance with the device.
    Stark: I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.
    Stark: If the UK support is unable to assist you, please try contacting the Indian support or the place of purchase, they may be able to assist you with the device.
    Visitor: sincerely want the Samsung solves my problem!
    Stark: I really do understand your concern .
    Stark: I would have surely helped you, if I had the information r. I hope you would understand our limitations. I don't want to provide any wrong information.
    Visitor: I have one question
    Stark: Please let me know the question.
    Visitor: why you sent me to Samsung UK the last time we talked?
    Visitor: last week I've contacted this same chat
    Visitor: and someone form Samsung told me, as me smartphone is international
    Visitor: I should contact UK
    Visitor: now that I've contacted them
    Visitor: they told me to contact Samsung US
    Stark: The device is generally sold in UK or India, all the I9300 devices are sold in the UK or India. That is the reason we have provided you the UK support.
    Visitor: and why UK cannot help me?
    Stark: I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
    Visitor: I already know that you are sorry
    Visitor: and I need your help
    Visitor: could you please
    Visitor: give me the right number to enter in contact?
    Stark: If the device is not a UK model device, they may not be able to assist you, in this regard you need to contact the place of purchase to get the device information and get the information to contact the specific Samsung support.
    Visitor: who in the Samsung Inc could tell me if this model is a UK or Indian model?
    Visitor: It seems that this model is an international model, unlocked by Samsung.
    Visitor: I bought this device from Amazon, in a US link.
    Visitor: Could you please assist me in order to tell me which Samsung I should contact?
    Stark: You need to contact the Amazon to check the country of the device as we have only the information of the devices which are made or available in that specific country.
    Visitor: They already told me that it is an UK model.
    Visitor: And UK advise me to contact US.
    Stark: Thank you for waiting. I'll be with you in just a moment.
    Stark: I really do understand your frustration.
    Stark: II would like to inform you that as the device is not a US model device, we can't provide any troubleshooting information or service for the device, as the warranty of the device is not valid in US.
    Visitor: Ok, I already know that it is not a US model.
    Visitor: I'd like to know which model is this?
    Visitor: could you please tell me?
    Visitor: So I'd be able to get in contact with the right samsung.
    Stark: As I have already informed you that the device can either be UK or Indian model device.
    Visitor: So you are saying that you don't know? It can br INDIAN ou can be UK?
    Visitor: you are not able to assure the model by the information that I provided?
    Stark: I'm really sorry, but the same model number device is sold in both the countries, it can only be confirmed by checking the IMEI number by the support of that specific country.
    Visitor: I see
    Visitor: Do you have the indian contact number for customer support?
    Stark: You can contact the Indian support from the below link.
    Stark: Support Samsung India
    Stark: Please open the above link and let me know if you are able to access it.
    Visitor: ok, thank you very much!

I hope Samsung India will be able to fix this! I'm totally disappointed with Galaxy....moving to iPhone!

I'm sorry you're having issues with the S3, and hope the iPhone makes you happy. But you should understand that part of the risk of buying a grey market product is difficulty getting support. The fact that you bought it from Amazon doesn't change the fact that it's a foreign market product imported by a 3rd party reseller, and not Samsung. Most companies (not just cell phone companies) don't provide support for gray market products. I suspect that if you buy a iPhone in China, and try to get it serviced in the U.S., you'll run into the same problem.

Try the batteries on another phone just to make sure they work. Try a working battery in your phone. Then switch back. I did that and also switched from wall to usb and worked.

Lightbulb Re: My S3 wont charge at all?!

I have had same issue last friday. In the morning phone stop charging. I took it 3 store from where I brought and they sent it to Samsung. now it been in repair.

I suspect there is some issue with it but everyone is quite at the moment.

Regards

Same thing happened to me. I had to end up using a diffierent charger and haven't had a problem since.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Exact same problem, TWICE!
    I bought an S3 two days ago. It could not recharge and I gave it back to the store and got a replacement.
    I made sure the phone was able to charge at the store.
    Just tonight, I charged the phone before sleeping and made sure it reached 100%.
    When I woke up, the phone was dead! I tried to charge it again and the battery was empty!
    And like everyone experienced here (and I, last night) the phone won't charge!

It seems this is an international device issue. I am in Indonesia.

Well, you said it charged to 100%, so I don't think the problem is that it won't charge. The problem seems to be that it discharged overnight.

Did you unplug it from the charger after it hit 100%? After you woke up with the dead battery, what happens when you plug it back in? How long did you leave it plugged in?

I did not unplug the charger. When I woke up in the morning, the phone was dead.
    It was plugged in for 5 hours after 100%.

Just to be clear, the first phone was never charged ever since I bought it.
    I let the battery run out after buying (there is 50% battery power on purchase).
    After it ran out, I was unable to charge the phone.

With the 2nd phone, I made sure it was chargeable at the store.
    Afterwards, I tried recharging at night (before the battery ran out) until 100% and left it on the charger.

Are you using the same charger or micro USB cable that you used with the first phone, or new ones? If it's the same charger or cable, that's where I'd start. Does the red light on the phone come on when you plug it in to charge?

It seems unlikely that two phones in a row would be defective in the same way, or that the same phone would charge at the store and not at home. I'd bet on either a bad charger (or USB port if you're charging from a computer), a bad charger, or a bad wall socket that the charger is plugged in to.

I used the new charger. In a replacement, everything is replaced, including the charger, manual, and warranty.
    They tried to charge the phone using other chargers in the store and it still didn't work.
    Yesterday I went to a Samsung service center and they advised to keep on replacing it at the store until I got one that worked.
    A few days ago, they received a similar complaint and they had to replace the phone 5 times until the guy got a phone that worked! (or maybe he got tired of coming back)
    Coincidentally it was a red S3 (like the one I bought).

Summary:
    Different charger.
    Not a bad socket because I charge all my phones (iphone, windows, tablet, laptop) on that socket without any problem.
    It's the phone.

Weird. Samsung must have had a bad production run with defective components. Sorry you got burned.

Confirmed. The red Samsung has issues.
    This was my 3rd phone in 3 days:

Yesterday, 5 minutes out of the box, in the store, it could not be charged. It seems that after plugging in the charger, it charges for 10 seconds, then discharges. They admitted that I was the 2nd person to recently complain about the red S3. So I told the store that I could either come every other day or they could give me a different color (they earlier said it was a hassle for the stock report if I changed product). They decided to allow to replace it with a different color. I chose gray. No problems with it as of yet. Fingers crossed.
    Last edited by Api Perdana; 05-15-2013 at 08:13 PM.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast