Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Default Re: My S3 wont charge at all?!

Here's your fix.
    Connect your phone to your laptop USB cable, not a wall charger.
    For some reason this opens the phone charging operation and your able to get the full charge going.

Ok.I have the answer.
    My phone did the same.
    Be carefully ! ! !
    I am not responsable if u do something wrong and broke the waranty.

U have to ope the back-cover of the phone.
    You see here 9 screws.U just unscrew all carefully.
    Now open with a visa card or something like that the black cover.Now you see here the usb dock-port.U have to unpin all connectors and same,with a visa card u take it away.
    Now you will need an alcohol which is specially found in electric-shops,an alcohol that cleans electric connectors.
    Just clean with that alcohol(don't put a lot) and scratch with something sharp the oxidate connector.

There's a video that maybe helps you ...It shows u how to open the phone corectly : .

Do that if you actually don't have warranty.It works on my phone so that's why i show u how to do.

Be carefully and hope I could help you with your charge-problem.

Best regards,
    Gabi.

walcom was right for me! I had the exact same issue, I got a pin and removed dust + slighting levered the flat 'pin' up, plugged it in and then I saw green! The pin mustn't have been going into the hole! yay!

Did you ever find a way to fix it bc my phone won't charge or anything no matter how many different sockets or chargers I use it just wont charge!! Anybody know a wayn I can fix it??

ok! take ur battery out, then insert it back but not entirely, only it`s metal contacts end, and be careful to slide it in perfectly so u don`t create a short, hold it for a little bit and the remove it again. At this time u should hear and feel a vibration. Now, install ur battery back again. Your screen should show a gray battery image with a little bit of green zone at the bottom. Then, this image will disappear an the red LED light will come On. You should be good to go now.

Quote Originally Posted by softballer002 View Post
    Did you ever find a way to fix it bc my phone won't charge or anything no matter how many different sockets or chargers I use it just wont charge!! Anybody know a wayn I can fix it??
    Did you read ANY of the 52 posts between the OP and yours?
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

Yea I have this problem as well. Found out that putting one piece of paper (thickness of a bussiness card) below the plate in the Charging Port. Insert the charger, youll have to apply more pressure than normal ofcourse and your good for a few weeks-months. Ive been doing this for 2 months now. Make sure the plate ends up sitting inside the charger, not below...
    The more often you do this, the more you mess up your charging port.

I also tried contact spray to clean the contacts and moved over it with a paper clip to further remove oxidized material (I teached my phone how to swim (it did great!)).

As per today I need to add 2 layers of bussiness cards, so im ordering a Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Charging Port online (6 euro) and see if this fixes it. A samsung is very easy to dissemble. If it works ill post it.

blax

that is exactly my problem....! Does it get fixed??

Quote Originally Posted by Kratika Jain View Post
    that is exactly my problem....! Does it get fixed??
    It certainly doesn't fix itself. Rather than mucking with trying to replace the micro-USB port, a better solution would be to get a wireless charging solution.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Well no it doesn’t get fixed. But it brings you a few months further...In case you’re lucky. Yesterday I tried to connect my phone to my pc but it’s not recognized anymore as media device. Therefore, I thought it was time to change-out the port. There is a good YouTube movie on this, however, make sure you’re skilled in solding and have the proper tools. I made a mess out of it :P The printplate became amazingly hot 10 cm from the port where I was holding the printplate. Amazingly it didn’t mess up the entire plate.
    I bought a second battery together with a universal standalone charger (10 euro). At night I reload the spare battery, in the morning I change-out both batteries. One for use (it will be 95% charged in some 12 hrs) and one to be charged.

So the business card trick and the spare battery brought me 6 months further. The phone still works with the stand alone charged batteries, however, I will now have to buy a new motherboard.
    Man could choose to buy it new online (150 euro?) or second handed (ebay 80 euro?). Even better would be to buy a phone with broken glass orso for 50 euro which will give you hands on many spare parts.
    I just made an offer to a used motherboard of 50 euro. I would be willing to spend 65 euro. In the meantime ill be looking for a wrecked phone of which the motherboard still works.

A new S3 would cost 300-350 euro at the time I type this so dont spend to much money on repairs.

Global Posts
    117 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by transistors View Post
    I'm sorry, but that thread's first two posts -- by that thread's starter (aka, its "original poster" or "OP") -- are just ridiculously wrong and misleading.

I have, however, added a third post to that thread which sets straight the record; and provides any Samsung Galaxy famly phone user -- particularly a Note II user -- with pretty much everything s/he needs to know about this subject.
    Gregg L. DesElms
    Napa, California USA

Pushing 40 years as an IT pro/consultant.
    Mobile phone use dates back to the early '80s.
    Currently using a Samsung Galaxy Note II phablet.

Here's a link to a YouTube video of an s3 charging port repair if you wanted a DIY'er. I think they have a repair service also.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123