Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anyone else's ram keeps decreasing?

Anyone else's ram keeps decreasing?-uploadfromtaptalk1344924452179.jpg

Is this normal? It says I only have like 1.59 of ram left and every week it changes

Is this supposed to happen?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens

Ok not quite sure if you are serious or trolling but I'll bite.

The more applications or services you have running the more ram they are going to use. Some apps can be more memory intensive than others games for example. You are utilizing less than half of your ram capacity that is not bad at all. The amount you use will fluctuate depending on what is running. If you notice unusually high memory usage you can stop your apps one by one untill you find the culprit. Android handles multitasking pretty well so no need to bother with a task killer they tend to cause more problems than they fix. Your usage shown in your picture looks just fine to me. My suggestion is don't stress unless you are experiencing a problem and enjoy your phone.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: Anyone else's ram keeps decreasing?

I have a feeling the original poster is confusing the RAM memory used by the phone to operate with the "storage space" the device has.

I thought the s3 has 1.62 GB...weird that it says 1.59 GB

I think it changed with latest update

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by crester View Post
    I have a feeling the original poster is confusing the RAM memory used by the phone to operate with the "storage space" the device has.
    I have no idea, im no tech wiz but I know they said the phone comes with like 2gb of ram but mine never says 2 gb, even after I clear the memory

Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by javier180 View Post
    I thought the s3 has 1.62 GB...weird that it says 1.59 GB
    It was supposed to be 2.0 gb

The Android OS is always running (that is what is telling you how much memory you have left) and that takes up some room in memory. .4GB of space taken up by the OS is not really THAT bad.

HTH,

Mike
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by dmmattix View Post
    The Android OS is always running (that is what is telling you how much memory you have left) and that takes up some room in memory. .4GB of space taken up by the OS is not really THAT bad.

HTH,

Mike
    Oh ok, thanks, I didn't know that,well atleast I know everythings fine now, thx

I know that my ram usage even after 20 min of use usually shows up as ive used like 1.32g of 1.59 it doesn't even show that I have 2g which I know that is normal but it shouldnt use 1.xgb of ram in twenty min after clearing it. Is yours doing the same

---------- Post Merged at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:02 PM ----------

Ive got an international version too and it shows it has less than a half gb after clearing ram

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Quote Originally Posted by Rackness View Post
    Ok not quite sure if you are serious or trolling but I'll bite.

The more applications or services you have running the more ram they are going to use. Some apps can be more memory intensive than others games for example. You are utilizing less than half of your ram capacity that is not bad at all. The amount you use will fluctuate depending on what is running. If you notice unusually high memory usage you can stop your apps one by one untill you find the culprit. Android handles multitasking pretty well so no need to bother with a task killer they tend to cause more problems than they fix. Your usage shown in your picture looks just fine to me. My suggestion is don't stress unless you are experiencing a problem and enjoy your phone.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    trust me he's not trolling and he's talking about the TOTAL ram, not used RAM

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    GT-I9300, UK

I'm having the same issue. My TOTAL RAM started at 1.79. Now it's down to 1.59. Any ideas on why it keeps decreasing? Any help to increase the RAM is appreciated.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

maybe background apps which cant be stoped by task manager are counted into the unavalable ram making total available ram less?
    just a theory.. things like Light Flow etc that run in background....

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    GT-I9300, UK

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Quote Originally Posted by thayes07 View Post
    I know that my ram usage even after 20 min of use usually shows up as ive used like 1.32g of 1.59 it doesn't even show that I have 2g which I know that is normal but it shouldnt use 1.xgb of ram in twenty min after clearing it. Is yours doing the same

---------- Post Merged at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:02 PM ----------

Ive got an international version too and it shows it has less than a half gb after clearing ram
    international s3 only has 1gb ram to start with, the N American ones have 2 :thumbup:

GT-I9300, UK
    scaramouch1 likes this.

My ram is at 800 and something. My s3 is an international phone.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums
    funkylogik likes this.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

used ram or available total mate? ive got 833 available total Anyone else's ram keeps decreasing?-uploadfromtaptalk1352629941104.jpg

GT-I9300, UK
    scaramouch1 likes this.

There's plenty of ram left in my s3 quad
    Anyone else's ram keeps decreasing?-uploadfromtaptalk1352664781929.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300

U can Download android system info from Google playstore
    look how much ram android central uses
    Anyone else's ram keeps decreasing?-uploadfromtaptalk1352665891257.jpg
    Sent from my GT-I9300
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Soundtrack to Chaos View Post
    I have no idea, im no tech wiz but I know they said the phone comes with like 2gb of ram but mine never says 2 gb, even after I clear the memory

It is 2GB, but it will never actually say 2GB because some of the memeory is used for other things on the phone....they round it off I think

How did you get to that screen though? I don't see how to get to "Ram Manager"
    Thanked by:
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Quote Originally Posted by smooth4lyfe View Post
    It is 2GB, but it will never actually say 2GB because some of the memeory is used for other things on the phone....they round it off I think

How did you get to that screen though? I don't see how to get to "Ram Manager"
    Oh ok, thanks

I'm not on stock anymore but I think you hold down the home button and then press task manager at the bottom and u shld get there

From my amazing samsung galaxy s3 running cyanogen mod 10 and android version 4.1.2

Designed for humans and not for isheep

funkylogik and smooth4lyfe like this.

My total ram has been at 1.59 GB since the first time I checked. It's like computers. The OS uses a specific amount of ram, never lower but could be higher. So if you think about it that is the total amount of ram available for you to use.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Quote Originally Posted by scaramouch1 View Post
    U can Download android system info from Google playstore
    look how much ram android central uses
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1352665891257.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	57.0 KB 
ID:	45779
    Sent from my GT-I9300
    fs lol!
    and why u usin TW????

whats "samsung push service" doing?? u get an update?
    im thinkin of unsyncing my sammy account.. what really is the point in it??

n do u use Music Hub? ive disabled most of the sammy software

p.s.. aparently android system info uses 63mb ram... does it run in background m8?

Last edited by funkylogik; 11-11-2012 at 09:51 PM.
    GT-I9300, UK

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

^^^^
    GT-I9300, UK
    Thanked by:

Do scores really matter
    Anyone else's ram keeps decreasing?-uploadfromtaptalk1352714700767.jpg
    Sent from my GT-I9300
    Last edited by scaramouch1; 11-15-2012 at 12:37 PM.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

disable the daft things u arent usin in app manager bro.
    dont think TW home can be disabled but its never shown up in my battery use...

hmm TW home can be force closed though.
    any good apps that kill apps on boot?

GT-I9300, UK
    Thanked by:
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast