I've amazed myself by scratching the glass.

Papadakis

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't know how or when it happened but I noticed a vertical scratch on my home button the other day; oh well it's not covered by gorilla glass I can live with that, but lo and behold I noticed some very small scratches right below the home button on the glass. It looks like something scraped the phone in this spot and left behind these scratches. They are very very small and you can only see them under the right angle and lighting but the fact that they are there annoys me so much. I am very careful with my devices. I had my D2G for 20 months before getting this, dropped it a couple times and there are no hints of any scratches on its glass. Bad luck or lower quality GG2?....

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
but the fact that they are there annoys me so much.

You'll get over it, trust me. It doesn't affect the functionality of the device. As a musician it's kind of like the first time you chip your guitar, you get all upset and distraught and eventually you relax and someday later you get another and it bothers you. Each time though it bothers you less and less.

Also, there are a bunch of threads about this... could've posted in one of the other active threads rather than created a new one ;)

Rev.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
ONE MORE TIME....GG2 IS NOT TRANSPARENT ALUMINUM...IT IS SIMPLY LESS PRONE TO SCRATCHES THAN A REGULAR CAPACITIVE SCREEN. Need pics...otherwise...FAIL.

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
ONE MORE TIME....GG2 IS NOT TRANSPARENT ALUMINUM...IT IS SIMPLY LESS PRONE TO SCRATCHES THAN A REGULAR CAPACITIVE SCREEN. Need pics...otherwise...FAIL.

Good to know. I hear that the GS3 doesn't have it either.

And why do we need pics? Have we never seen scratches on screens? :confused:

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49