So glad I didn't get the HTC One X

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Just visited the HTC One X Forum. Anyone who might be considering getting the One X over the S III should read the problems those guys are having with the One X. I had seriously considered getting the One X but for once I made the right phone decision in getting the S III.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
What problems specifically? And what about the problems people are having with the S3?

Did you actually play with both phones before making this decision?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I got this from a friend. He has a stock unrooted S3. This has happened multiple times doing multiple things.

43b0e51b-80e8-3b08.jpg

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

Reactions: kkapoorr

anon(161369)

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I have to agree that both phones have their issues and they are both well designed and graft phones all around, im happy with my s3 even with the ty keyboard swype feature just because I wanted to pick up a Samsung phone this time around, but I believe the One X would offer the same things for me and maybe even better text prediction, I just see no reason to bash the One X :eek:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Rackness

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately everyone has to have the best or #1 item so they must develop a rational as to why their item by proxy they are better than everyone else. But we also are social creatures so we will accept those who support our greatness and band together to hate those who challange our greatness.

It is a d*ck measuring contest a sad state of affaris. Oh and the one x. That is ehat i am supposed to say right?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
If you spend any amount of time in the forums here and at XDA you will see that the HOX has far more complaints, and major ones at that, than the S3. It's not even close. And I'm not even talking about the fact that the HOX doesn't offer true multi-tasking like the S3. Combine that with the reality that the S3 is likely to get Jellybean ahead of the HOX and it's a no brainer.

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
What problems specifically? And what about the problems people are having with the S3?

Did you actually play with both phones before making this decision?

Did you even read my post? I commented on the issues raised in the HTC One X forum not on personal experience. Why don't you visit the HTC One X forum and look at the many problem issues actual users are reporting. S III users are not reporting the serious issues the HTC One X users are reporting (i.e. multitasking). Also, as a moderator you of all people should understand what a poster is saying before you comment.

BTW why would my using both phones side by side be a better evaluation of the phones than the experiences of hundreds of users of the phones? That doesn't make sense. Look up the definition of sample size when making statistical determinations.

Roboticz

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Both the Samsung GS3 and HTC OX may have issues... but it looks like the HTC One X's issues are way more severe than anything the Samsung has.

s14tat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Did you even read my post? I commented on the issues raised in the HTC One X forum not on personal experience. Why don't you visit the HTC One X forum and look at the many problem issues actual users are reporting. S III users are not reporting the serious issues the HTC One X users are reporting (i.e. multitasking). Also, as a moderator you of all people should understand what a poster is saying before you comment.

BTW why would my using both phones side by side be a better evaluation of the phones than the experiences of hundreds of users of the phones? That doesn't make sense. Look up the definition of sample size when making statistical determinations.

As much as I agree with you ( because I do ), Kevin definitely does check on the One X forums since he moderates there. But I do notice that there is a lot less build quality issues on the GS3 vs the One X and the EVO LTE, especially considering how much more GS3 sold internationally and across all the major U.S. carriers.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Besides the fact that some of the "issues" don't affect everyone. Nor do they bother everyone. Actually, there are things about the One X that I like so much that it helps me overlook some of the minor issues.

I've had zero hardware issues (got the phone on launch day, so early hardware), and haven't experienced any deal breaking issues at all. But like I said, I go based on my own experience, not the experience of a larger group. Sure, I might get opinions and read up, but at the end of the day it's my choice to make. I choose what works best for me, and I encourage everyone to do the same.

So yeah, sampling size. Doesn't matter to me. I'm not a corporation. I buy what I like, and if it has issues I handle it. Either by exchange or rooting/flashing/etc.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

By that logic if you do have issues you shouldn't do anything about it. Since a larger sampling size had no issues.

anon(848791)

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
i was playing with the HTC EVO 4g LTE yesterday most of the day, and i will tell you this. I am glad that i stepped away from using HTC phones. I had all evos and a few others. anyways, the evo felt way slower and much more laggy, much harder to use than gs3, and uses battery much faster.

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
By that logic if you do have issues you shouldn't do anything about it. Since a larger sampling size had no issues.

What? The large sampling size of the HTC One X owners do have issues! I advised potential HTC One X buyers to visit that forum to see what problems they might be having. Your interpretation of statistical results baffles me. If a large sample of owners reported no issues with their phone but I had problems with my phone I would use that data differently than you would. I would realize that the problems were specific to my phone and not the model as a whole. Unlike you I would do something about it, like returning the phone for example. Statistics are your friend if you can understand what they are telling you.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Just visited the HTC One X Forum. Anyone who might be considering getting the One X over the S III should read the problems those guys are having with the One X. I had seriously considered getting the One X but for once I made the right phone decision in getting the S III.

You must not be reading all the S3 forums lol. Your love for the S3 blinding your ability to see issues with your own phone.

This thread is useless and obvious you are just trying to stir ish up. All phones have problems. Except my old Motorola star tac from 1996 ;)

Sent from my HTC One X

Reactions: jroc and kkapoorr

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Guys, we have been over this. It will always come down to personal preference. I owned a One X for about 3 weeks before I swapped it for the GS3. I'm sure there are things about the GS3 that others deem deal breakers. None of it matters. I'm happy with the phone I have and there are tons of One X owners who are happy with theirs.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
BEinga user of both phones...The S3 is just a better product end of story. That is not to take away from the HOX thunder or anything! Just saying!
-
S3 software - Great out of the box. It just works!
HOX - Sense is awesome! But HTC crippled it with the multitasking issues. (IMO anyways)
-

-
S3 Hardware - The build quality is great. Looks very boring though. Both white and blue.
HOX Hardware - It had some issues with lifting screens, Not being able to change your battery and no SDcard.

So Samsung won based on keeping it simple and giving the user a choice to remove its battery and adding more memory.
-

-
S3 screen....I do not like it. I think Sammy went cheap here imo.
HOX screen....Just amazing! Best on the market as far as I see it.
-

So over all I picked the S3. These are just some of the guide lines that I used. And yes I have both devices. I ended up getting rid of the HOX at the end of the day. But again its different for everyone.

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
You must not be reading all the S3 forums lol. Your love for the S3 blinding your ability to see issues with your own phone.

This thread is useless and obvious you are just trying to stir ish up. All phones have problems. Except my old Motorola star tac from 1996 ;)

Sent from my HTC One X

If I wanted to stir up sh*t I would have posted in the HTC One X forum. As an HTC One X owner why are you here making accusations? Your post adds absolutely nothing to the discussion. If there is any feces flinging it's you. I posted to advise others to look at the HTC One X forum to see the problems those owners are having. It makes me happy that I didn't buy that problem prone phone and it's a good source of information for others thinking of buying an HTC One X.

BTW what problem with the S III is as large or heavily discussed as the multitasking issue with the One X?

s14tat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site

Sent from my HTC One X

Your also forgetting the fact that there is only 1 One X forum, where there are 5 GS3 forums, and if you consider how many more GS3's are out there vs the One X, and how little problems we see collectively as a whole shows how much better built and quality control Samsung has over HTC.

My Nexus 7 has the dreaded screen lift issue, I felt like I had a HTC device ( shoddy quality control ) because of that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
What? The large sampling size of the HTC One X owners do have issues! I advised potential HTC One X buyers to visit that forum to see what problems they might be having. Your interpretation of statistical results baffles me. If a large sample of owners reported no issues with their phone but I had problems with my phone I would use that data differently than you would. I would realize that the problems were specific to my phone and not the model as a whole. Unlike you I would do something about it, like returning the phone for example. Statistics are your friend if you can understand what they are telling you.

I'm not sure you quite understood what I was saying. By your own logic, if a large majority of a sampling have problems then statistically that device will have problems, which means you should avoid it (instead of trying to get the problem fixed/resolved), right? But if a large majority don't have problems, then get the device, right? But then what if you have problems? You get them fixed right? So I'm not understanding how you think you can have it both ways. Regardless of which phone you get (and if you really base it solely on someone else's experience then I'm sorry) if you have problems you get them taken care of.

BEinga user of both phones...The S3 is just a better product end of story. That is not to take away from the HOX thunder or anything! Just saying!
-
S3 software - Great out of the box. It just works!
HOX - Sense is awesome! But HTC crippled it with the multitasking issues. (IMO anyways)
-

-
S3 Hardware - The build quality is great. Looks very boring though. Both white and blue.
HOX Hardware - It had some issues with lifting screens, Not being able to change your battery and no SDcard.

So Samsung won based on keeping it simple and giving the user a choice to remove its battery and adding more memory.
-

-
S3 screen....I do not like it. I think Sammy went cheap here imo.
HOX screen....Just amazing! Best on the market as far as I see it.
-

So over all I picked the S3. These are just some of the guide lines that I used. And yes I have both devices. I ended up getting rid of the HOX at the end of the day. But again its different for everyone.

Much of that is opinion. Which everyone is entitled to. But you listing your opinion on things and then saying they are fact is a flawed argument.

Here's a FACT: Google is moving away from SD card storage. Google is also moving away from the Home button. Samsung chose to keep those, which flies directly in the face of the direction Android is moving. NOT better for the community.

Not saying the One X is perfect. It has it's own quirks and issues (as do all phones), but pretending that the S3 doesn't is fanboyish at best. Yes, HTC severely limited the multi-tasking (which is how they designed it, really), but I can choose to fix that with custom roms. What I can't do with the S3 is make the screen as good as the one on the One X. So no, not everyone will root, but at least they have a choice to fix a flaw the manufacturer built-in. Buy the S3 and you're stuck with a screen that just isn't as good.

Reactions: kkapoorr

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure you quite understood what I was saying. By your own logic, if a large majority of a sampling have problems then statistically that device will have problems, which means you should avoid it (instead of trying to get the problem fixed/resolved), right? But if a large majority don't have problems, then get the device, right? But then what if you have problems? You get them fixed right? So I'm not understanding how you think you can have it both ways. Regardless of which phone you get (and if you really base it solely on someone else's experience then I'm sorry) if you have problems you get them taken care of.

I don't think you know what you were saying. You said,"By that logic if you do have issues you shouldn't do anything about it. Since a larger sampling size had no issues." Do you really think every thing you said above flows logically out of that one sentence? Extrapolation must be your hobby.

Looking at the problems others are having with their phones is a smart thing to do before buying a phone. Why have phone reviews and forums if people should ignore them and just buy a phone like you seem to do: "So yeah, sampling size. Doesn't matter to me. I'm not a corporation. I buy what I like, and if it has issues I handle it. Either by exchange or rooting/flashing/etc." Funny attitude for a moderator of forums that are there to help others with problems and phone buying decisions.

If you were honest with your self (and with us) you would acknowledge that the HTC One X has far more serious problems than the S III. I'll ask you the same question I asked another poster: What problem does the S III have that is a serious and as much discussed as the HTC One's multitasking issue?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dawsonnathalie