GT i9300 or AT&T i747

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
So I have the option to get either of them
Besides LTE which is not that strong in my area (12mbps down max)
What would be the best fit? I want to get myself in some quad core goodness. I also heard that it runs much cooler and much smoother, and has more dev support. If you had the option which one would you pick?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
It would depend on a few things.

Am I going to use it in other countries, and is LTE coming to my area any time soon.

Once you get a taste of full on LTE, you will want it always.

The i9300 would be easier to travel with as it is unlocked.

Also remember that apps have to be coded to some degree to take advantage of a dual or quad core processor. If the OS just splits a instruction up into four separate processes, there is no efficiency there, as all four cores are processing one instruction. Most dual cores don't use both cores all of the time either.

Reactions: epicness4G

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
It would depend on a few things.

Am I going to use it in other countries, and is LTE coming to my area any time soon.

Once you get a taste of full on LTE, you will want it always.

The i9300 would be easier to travel with as it is unlocked.

Also remember that apps have to be coded to some degree to take advantage of a dual or quad core processor. If the OS just splits a instruction up into four separate processes, there is no efficiency there, as all four cores are processing one instruction. Most dual cores don't use both cores all of the time either.

I think the i9300 would also have a high resale value and I do have LTE everywhere in my county and I've never gotten over 12mbps down.. I travel a lot to UK and south america so that would be a plus.

What else??

Everyones feedback is greatly appreciated

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tgksnow