Mystery Files

mwm10620

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello all, new to Android and this forum.

I purchased my new S3 16GB about a month ago.
When I go to Settings> Storage, it says I have just under 4G in "Miscellaneous files."
I tap it and it only gives me a couple MB i can delete and at the very top has "System memory" with 3.95GB with no option to do anything

I have gone through the phone searching for files I can delete but nothing seems to make the number decrease and I can't think of anything that would take up that much space.

What and where are these mysterious files and can I delete them. I don't want a quarter of my storage taken up by these mystery files.

I appreciate any help on the subject

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
From what I understand those apps are called bloatware and are installed by your carrier and cannot be deleted as far as I know

And welcome to the forum :)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Bbeelzebub

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I was just googling the same exact thing and came across this thread.

It's all the system files (Android OS ,System Apps, Bloat). This is my third Android device and I notice each one shows them differently. Usually just not even accounting for it in the totals. If you add up that 3.95 with the totals for apps, available storage, etc.. you get 16.

mwm10620

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
No all the bloatware, along with what I've downloaded myself, is under the "apps' section of storage.
I just need to know why "system memory" takes up so much space, or even what it is and if I can limit it.
Thanks for the response though

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc