Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Default Re: Moving apps to external SD Card

ICS SD Binder did NOT work on my Galaxy Rush. disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by EMSGIRLBSAVINURASS911 View Post
    yes unrooted it works fine...
    but should you run into problems, which I doubt since this particular app is for SG series phones, let me know and I'll give you the rundown on how to get things working manually with a pc....
    Iam Using "Xperia Z" I have the same problem.... I tried Installing "ICS SD Binder" but its not working

does ICS SD BINDER work in samsung galxy s dues GT-S7562
    pls help

Hi,

If you guys are looking for external memory in order to move your apps, may I recommend this webpage to get them from SDHC 32GB 32 GB SD Memory Card NEW | eBay . This was extremely helpful for me and works in my phone whereby I was able to seamlessly transfer apps, and it is reasonably cheap in comparison to other SD cards

Thats because some of the memory is taken upp by system files

Hello i have Samsung Galaxy S3 Android 4.1.2 (no root)...i need to move my games to ExtSdCard with out root pls if u have solution i will be thankful

JUST TO MAKE SOME PEOPLE THAT DON'T OBVIOUSLY KNOW MUCH ABOUT SAMSUNG OR FORCE MOVING APPS TO SD, HERE IS A WONDERFUL LITTLE APP THAT CAN TAKE CARE OF EXT SD ISSUES AND BIND IT TO ICS/JB (ICE CREAM SANDWICH/JELLYBEAN) IOS SO THAT YOU CAN MOVE APPS TO SD WITH FORCE MOVE TO SD APPS!!! THE APP IS CALLED "ICS SD BINDER" YOU CAN GET IT ON GOOGLE PLAY OR DIRECT DOWNLOAD FROM APP BRAIN OR WHATEVER APP STORE YOU USE AND THE BEST PART ABOUT IT IS THAT IT'S FREE!! F**KIN AWESOME!!! ENJOY!!!
    Hello i have Samsung Galaxy S3 Android 4.1.2 (no root)...i need to move my games to ExtSdCard with out root pls if u have solution i will be thankful

[SIZE=4]At first it was annoying then on thinking about it it's annoying me more.
    Apps I used every day are broken as they are looking for data in the gallery location for eg until devs waste time fixing them.

I bought google cause I don't like Apple's policy of telling what & how I do things. Here we go again.

Quote Originally Posted by Haythamhjhj View Post
    Seriously? Read the post you quoted. It gives the name of the app and tells you where you can download it.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

Hi, and thanks for the info on ICS SD Binder. I have a quick question, because I can't get it to work on my sch-I535 Verizon GS3:
    I have 5 choices on my ICS SD Binder screen:
    • Original mount point
    • New mount point (type folder name)
    • Bind SD to the new mount point
    • Unmount original mount point
    • USB mass storage fix (EXPERIMENTAL)

Can you tell me what should be chosen/typed/checked for each one?
    Thanks, in advance!

Its simple enough to say the least but heres what you have to do:
    #1: set mount point ex: ext sd/externalsd
    #2: make sure unmount emmc is unchecked.
    #3: then select save & reboot let your phone reboot and voila your all set!! L

Exclamation Re: Moving apps to external SD Card

Hi there!
    I have found your instructions to be the best so far. Can you please talk me through it for Samsung Galaxy Express GT-I8730. I would like to do things right as this is a new phone for me and I haven't used a Samsung in a long time. I normally have Nokia phones. But I thought I'd give Samsung a try again cos all my friends rave about them.
    Thanks very much. I really appreciate your help!
    Regards,

ICS binder does not work on gs3.at all followed your instructions still a no go apps2sd still won't give u the move option to move apps it only shows movable apps that it so your instructions needs update or show how with utube .my ph.not rooted.disappointed

greghillcdt,
    In case you didn't read the Description, ICS SD Binder requires the phone to be rooted.

I haven't tried this myself but someone else pointed out this method for non-rooted phones http://karthikkn.wordpress.com/2013/...ut-rooting-it/

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4
    Thanked by:

Hi, I have got samsung Galaxy S3 mini. But I can't move my apps to sdcard any how..
    I have tried using ICS SD Binder but it didn't work can anyone help me with it. and how to move apps to SD in s3 mini plz.....
    Thanks...

Its simple enough to say the least but heres what you have to do:
    #1: set mount point ex: ext sd/externalsd
    #2: make sure unmount emmc is unchecked.
    #3: then select save & reboot let your phone reboot and voila your all set!! L
    I think this wins the award for the world's worst post ever. Why does every completely impenetrable and obscure post have to begin with "It's easy", and end with "You're all set" ? That is one of the mysteries of the world. Obviously, if someone is reading this thread, they cannot figure it out, so don't be a jerk and tell them it is easy, not explain it, and then tell them they are all set. When you clearly have not given nearly enough information for anyone to follow your instructions.

Let's start with point #1. set mount point. To what? How about giving people some background on what the mount points for each model used to be, and what they were changed to. For each model, for both internal memory and sd card, and for each version of android. If you can't do that, you have no business posting anything, let alone telling people it is easy. Because it isn't, and you can't do it either.

Now point #2. Make sure unmount emmc is checked. Could you please give some background on what emmc is, and why it should be unchecked?

Point 3. Presumably, most people know they should select save and reboot. Whether they are all set or not may depend on a lot of variables, like android version, phone model, and mount points (which you haven't explained).

And no, I didn't read the documentation, because...There isn't any!! Just a link to the developer's website in Polish, which shows his travel pictures to Budapest.

Arrgh.

Question Re: Moving apps to external SD Card

But if your device isn't rooted how could u move apps to sd ?? (I have Galaxy S Duos )

Quote Originally Posted by Panos Programmer View Post
    But if your device isn't rooted how could u move apps to sd ?? (I have Galaxy S Duos )
    I don't think you can

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Unless you are rooted, you cannot use apps like apps2sd. The SG 4 can do this at stock because Samsung wrote it into their Android operating system. I read that Samsung would bring this feature to SG3 with the 4.3 update. No way of knowing this until Samsung & your carrier make 4.3 available. Otherwise root your phone & install apps2sd or any other similar app that makes use of symbolic links.

Just installed the 4.3 update today, and I can confirm that transferring apps to the SD card WORKS!

it works? How? When I use that feature it simply moves the apps to a "emulated" folder on my same internal storage, so is something wrong with my phone? The more I use it the more space the Miscellaneous space uses up

Quote Originally Posted by James Bogdanski View Post
    it works? How? When I use that feature it simply moves the apps to a "emulated" folder on my same internal storage, so is something wrong with my phone? The more I use it the more space the Miscellaneous space uses up
    I double checked mine just now. ....it is working. System shows apps on sd card with only some data on device. ....i.e. game app is actually on sd card..... but the save file data is in miscellaneous.

Do I have to root the phone to use the ics sd binder app? I've really been afraid to root. I'm scared to give myself that much accessibility to screw things up! I've thought plenty about doing it before but would prefer not too. If this app requires rooting, does anyone know of ANY app that wil work with a stock s3?

Quote Originally Posted by gurlcj View Post
    Do I have to root the phone to use the ics sd binder app?
    Yes, you do. The ICS SD Binder app hasn't been supported in a long time, so I'd recommend FolderMount: http://market.android.com/details?id...evasque.fmount instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by gurlcj View Post
    If this app requires rooting, does anyone know of ANY app that wil work with a stock s3?
    Sorry, not possible.
    Why aren't you just using the existing capability to move apps to SD?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

I have a tablet 4.1 same problem. PLEASE HELP, Arnie

Welcome to the forums!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnold Rosoff View Post
    I have a tablet 4.1 same problem.
    Which 'same' problem? Yours is the 49th post in this thread and various issues have been discussed.

Isn't there a forum for your device?

Is your device rooted?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast