Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock

Default Moving apps to external SD Card

Any help with moving apps to the external sd???

Can't on S3. All apps stored on phone.
    That is why they offered a 16gb or 32gb version.

Apple's opening court statement...
    "It's easier to copy than Innovate"

Sent from my Innovative Galaxy S3
    Mexican Pygmy likes this.

Default Re: Moving apps to external SD Card

At first that was annoying to me, but think about it. 16GB for apps is a lot. I have most of my applications installed and I'm only around 600MB.

Granted, I don't have any large game apps on my S3, but I'm not really a mobile gamer anyways.

I have to say, I was an HTC user and switched to the S3 and this phoning is pretty fantastic.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by bdaoust View Post
    At first that was annoying to me, but think about it. 16GB for apps is a lot. I have most of my applications installed and I'm only around 600MB.

Granted, I don't have any large game apps on my S3, but I'm not really a mobile gamer anyways.

I have to say, I was an HTC user and switched to the S3 and this phoning is pretty fantastic.
    I almost finished my 16 GB, there isn't a 32 GB available over here :S

Whoa Samsung, this is gay smh... And I just bought a 64 gb sd card smh...
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

ROM
    Stock

I guess all ICS devices can't move apps to external SD

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

people have to remember that memory works differently on s3. it has an internal SD that everything can be stored on and u can use an external SD to save media on. s3 wont read apps on external sd. as someone said, unless youre a gamer, 16Gb is plenty to store any apps youre gona use at any one time
    clintw22 likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

ROM
    Stock

Well, but the storage isn't exactly 16 GB !!!!
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

ROM
    Stock

WTF, accurately it's 11.35 GB there's a 5 GB difference!!!!!

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

where do you think the android system lives?

I got so sick of hearing people saying "trust me, 16/32 gigs is more than enough." It pisses me off hearing people tell me what I require. Also, you are wrong. The galaxy is capable of reading off the external SD. After searching through countless threads I finally found a solution. It's an app called GL to SD. It requires root access, but it works. Finally my phone is pimped out. Custom skin, rooted jellybean 4.1 (cyanogen mod), extended battery, custom UI,and the final step. Downloading and moving my extensive games library to my SD. Officially pimped out.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

cool do the games run fine mate?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    GT-I9300, UK
    K00l Br33z3 likes this.

I agree. The S3 is my first smartphone and I purchased the 32GB external drive so I had plenty of room to play. Spent a pretty penny and rooted it the 2nd day as a newbie. I had some freeze issues with icq and I think junk apps loading ads. I would really like to put apps on my external and keep my internal clean. I have several frozen apps in TB some I would like to have accessible. I'm really looking forward to learning linux so I can really play. So how can I move my apps?

how to setting root permission?
    I'm tried to use GL2SD.

Lightbulb Re: Moving apps to external SD Card

JUST TO MAKE SOME PEOPLE THAT DON'T OBVIOUSLY KNOW MUCH ABOUT SAMSUNG OR FORCE MOVING APPS TO SD, HERE IS A WONDERFUL LITTLE APP THAT CAN TAKE CARE OF EXT SD ISSUES AND BIND IT TO ICS/JB (ICE CREAM SANDWICH/JELLYBEAN) IOS SO THAT YOU CAN MOVE APPS TO SD WITH FORCE MOVE TO SD APPS!!! THE APP IS CALLED "ICS SD BINDER" YOU CAN GET IT ON GOOGLE PLAY OR DIRECT DOWNLOAD FROM APP BRAIN OR WHATEVER APP STORE YOU USE AND THE BEST PART ABOUT IT IS THAT IT'S FREE!! F**KIN AWESOME!!! ENJOY!!!
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by zwj1234 View Post
    1. Use App 2 SD (move app to SD) to move app to SD Card,
    2. Or open the Settings screen, tap Applications, and select Manage Applications. Select the app you want to move and tap the Move button on its details screen.
    Not on ICS or JB, I'm afraid.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Quote Originally Posted by EMSGIRLBSAVINURASS911 View Post
    JUST TO MAKE SOME PEOPLE THAT DON'T OBVIOUSLY KNOW MUCH ABOUT SAMSUNG OR FORCE MOVING APPS TO SD, HERE IS A WONDERFUL LITTLE APP THAT CAN TAKE CARE OF EXT SD ISSUES AND BIND IT TO ICS/JB (ICE CREAM SANDWICH/JELLYBEAN) IOS SO THAT YOU CAN MOVE APPS TO SD WITH FORCE MOVE TO SD APPS!!! THE APP IS CALLED "ICS SD BINDER" YOU CAN GET IT ON GOOGLE PLAY OR DIRECT DOWNLOAD FROM APP BRAIN OR WHATEVER APP STORE YOU USE AND THE BEST PART ABOUT IT IS THAT IT'S FREE!! F**KIN AWESOME!!! ENJOY!!!
    Unrooted?????

quadcore 1gb GS3, Neat Rom by Salesale, aroma v1.5A. Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer:
    GT-I9300, UK

yes unrooted it works fine...
    but should you run into problems, which I doubt since this particular app is for SG series phones, let me know and I'll give you the rundown on how to get things working manually with a pc....
    Thanked by:
    carpalee likes this.

Question Re: Moving apps to external SD Card

It says ,in google play, that it only works on rooted devices...
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Tbh im happy with my apps on sd and media on Ext Sd but im not a gamer.
    I cant imagine how an app could make the phone read apps from Ext Sd without fooling it into it which would require root though tbh....

quadcore 1gb GS3, Neat Rom by Salesale. Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer:
    GT-I9300, UK
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,611 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Why is folks blaming Samsung? Google has made the change for apps.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...

Installed IC SD BENDER. but i have no idea as to how to use it

Assistance will be apprecuated

Its simple enough to say the least but heres what you have to do:
    #1: set mount point ex: ext sd/externalsd
    #2: make sure unmount emmc is unchecked.
    #3: then select save & reboot let your phone reboot and voila your all set!! L

Does rooting apply to tablets? I would also like to move apps to an external card. The creator of appmanager lll pro says that the android system will only allow his app to move from others from the phone or tablet memory to the internal card but not the external. Will gl to sd work on the novoflame7 tablet by Ainol? Thanks.

ICS SD Binder did NOT work on my Galaxy Rush. disappointed
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast