SMS on lock screen.

SHiFT.

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I am looking for an app that will pop up on the lock screen and let me quick reply right there. Sorta like bitesms on the iphone. I tried chompsms but it won't do it. Any suggestions would be great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
....scrap that mate. i thought Go did it but i just tried and it didnt. it might be in the settings or maybe ive blocked it in WidgetLocker settings

SHiFT.

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I do but I guess I am just not use to it. Only had it for a day and that is about the only thing I miss from the iPhone

Rackness

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
It is not a pop up like an iphone but i get a circle with an envelope and a number showing how many messages i have. I touch the circle and swipe it takes me to my messages. Plus i see new messages in the notification bar. It way not be instant typing but it is just a swipe away.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

nmoira

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Handcent kinda does this, but it's a bit weird. The message/quick reply box wakes the phone screen but you see the last screen, not the lock screen underneath. When quick reply is sent, then the lock screen comes up. However, once the screen times out, you have to unlock (or swipe down from the notification bar) to see the message.

Sent from my GS3.

SHiFT.

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
It is not a pop up like an iphone but i get a circle with an envelope and a number showing how many messages i have. I touch the circle and swipe it takes me to my messages. Plus i see new messages in the notification bar. It way not be instant typing but it is just a swipe away.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

What app is that?

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I use Handcent and although it is a little different than iPhone, it works okay from the lock screen. I like a lot of the other features of handcent too.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I have my handcent set to turn on my screen only when getting texts.

That's the only reason that app is on my phone, I don't like the ui and love the stock messaging app except that my screen doesn't turn on when I get a text so I downloaded handcent the day after I got the phone

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

SHiFT.

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
So I've tired both handcent and SMS popup and I dont like either I wish there was an app that ran in the background that would make the stock txt message software do this. Nobody has heard of anything like this?

Cheers

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
So I've tired both handcent and SMS popup and I dont like either I wish there was an app that ran in the background that would make the stock txt message software do this. Nobody has heard of anything like this?

Cheers

Try Popup Notifications

SHiFT.

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Try Popup Notifications

So I am assuming this well popup over the lock screen and let me reply? Another question for ya - lets say I dont see the message and my phone goes to sleep if I click the button to turn the phone on will the message still be there or do I have to unlock it?

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
So I am assuming this well popup over the lock screen and let me reply? Another question for ya - lets say I dont see the message and my phone goes to sleep if I click the button to turn the phone on will the message still be there or do I have to unlock it?

It works over the lockscreen and let's you reply directly.
And "yes" to your second question too.
There are also some free add-on themes for the look of the popup.