1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Earbuds for S3 that have working controls

The stock earbuds are OK, at least the controls work. I've tried Beats Solo headphones and I was happy with the sound but, not the lack of functionality. What are your experiences and have you found a set with a mic that have working controls? There is an endless sea of earbuds out there and I'm not willing to go without controls or a mic.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Default Re: Earbuds for S3 that have working controls

yeah i wish they were same as the sony ericsson walkman phone earbuds where the earbud part is separate from the controls and mic so u can plug in any headphones and still have full control

Those samsung headphones are absolutely horrible, they don't even feel right in your ear. I hate them and I'm also not a fan of white headphones

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

i hate the colour but they arent bad for thrown-in earbuds

Quote Originally Posted by funkylogik View Post
    i hate the colour but they arent bad for thrown-in earbuds
    Meh, my main issue is the fit, I find my self using my non bass headphones for podcast and my heavy bass headphones only for music and the Samsung ones never

The design is horrible they are basically the throw in ipod headphones with the ear tips on em, i cannot stand that design, it is uncomfortable and they fall out too much

I prefer my skull candy with the rubber tops because they don't fall out every 2 seconds when you move

Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens

Global Posts
    1,031 Global Posts
    ROM
    SwampMonster V1.0!!!!!

I've never been a fan of noise canceling earbuds. I use Skull Candy Fix earbuds, and love them. Designed to stay in your ear.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

yeah i think different ears need different earbud types. this type has always been perfect for me. i had some really nice Stenheiser (not sure about the spelling) but they were 30 and didnt have any hands-free capability. second to Sony, these are the best thrown-in phone headphones ive had

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

Skullcandy has a pair called titans that work with android, hold volume up for track change and so-on
    Unless samsung has started specific programing wih their music they've always worked for me
    http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/titan-red-black
    Sent from my K1 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Louie View Post
    I've never been a fan of noise canceling earbuds. I use Skull Candy Fix earbuds, and love them. Designed to stay in your ear.

Yea, skull candy are beast, i love my noise canceling ones, but people still attempt to talk to you when you have them in, smh

The ones that came with my phone sound better than my beats tours...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

Quote Originally Posted by enjamin View Post
    Skullcandy has a pair called titans that work with android, hold volume up for track change and so-on
    Unless samsung has started specific programing wih their music they've always worked for me
    http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/titan-red-black
    Sent from my K1 using Android Central Forums
    all of my experiences with skullcandy have been bad man they fall apart.
    i dont understand why my sony ericsson headphones dont work in the s3... they sound really quiet in it fore some reasons

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by epicness4G View Post
    The ones that came with my phone sound better than my beats tours...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums
    As someone who used to sell them.... a lot of things sound better than beats imho
    Beats are the best marketed over-priced headphones around, if you want to spend that kind of money then just buy Bose
    Sent from my LG-VM701 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

There is always the bluetooth option I know the controls work for them

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by funkylogik View Post
    all of my experiences with skullcandy have been bad man they fall apart.
    i dont understand why my sony ericsson headphones dont work in the s3... they sound really quiet in it fore some reasons
    Besides the bluetooth option... monster does sell the foam or gel earbud replacement pieces one sample pack should cost you 10$ I don't know if bby still sells them or not and I realize this doesn't fix the functionality issue but maybe it will quiet in the ones that have the function

Or these
    http://m.bose.com/m/http/www.bose.com/controller?url=/shop_online/headphones/audio_headphones/in_ear_headphones/index.jsp&vm_qb=bose_product_maybe%2C%2Fcontroller%3Furl%3D%2Fshop_online%2Fheadphones%2Faudio_headphones%2Fin_ear_headphones%2Findex.jsp%2Curl%3D%2Fshop_online%2Fheadphones%2Faudio_headphones%2Fin_ear_headphones%2Findex.jsp%2C%26speaker_type%3D2%2C2&vm_cl=js_ajax%3Dbose_change_product_speaker%2C2%3Bjs_ajax%3Dbose_load_video_xml&vm_v=NTJZKcfXGMdUq4Hu-6BSpbnQ9hn8D_OPAjhWjjx6HE4%3D

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

thanx man. ive always loved Bose equipment. ive heard good things about Monster too. the Turbines look good

I've never understood the love affair with Bose. ALL their marketing fluff has the masses thinking they are getting good products when they buy something that has a Bose nameplate. Simply not true. A little research on the specs will show that they make nothing but over priced cheaply made speakers. To each his own I guess.

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

for me its nothing to do with advertising, i used to work with their big PA speakers and loved them

Global Posts
    9,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    touchejiz

....actualy the only Bose advertising ive ever seen in UK is for their cinimate home system thing i think

I bought this phone for two main reasons, to make and receive phone calls, and to listen to music. I do not like the Samsung ear buds they do not fit my ears properly and they fall out while riding my motorcycle.
    The reason there are so many brands and styles of ear buds is just that. People find that different ear buds fit better or have a different sound to them that they enjoy. Which is why I (and many other people on the forums) assumed that they would be able to buy and use a pair of ear buds from another major manufacturer and have them work with this phone. Apparently this is not the case.
    The Samsung brand ones work properly on my phone but the Skull Candy ones will only play music and skip tracks. They will not adjust volume or receive phone calls, why is this??
    Both pairs of ear buds have the typical 4 pin connector. Just about everyone else's products support them, I never had an issue on my iphone, htc touch, ipod, zune, diskman, or cheap mp3 player or other phone I have owned.
    The only reason I can see for Samsung doing this is greed (or sheer stupidity). Make other ear buds incompatible with the $amsung product so that you will have to buy the $amsung brand ear buds. I really hope that this is something that can be fixed with a software update, if not then Samsung has lost me as a customer.
    I also used the Live chat support feature to contact Samsung and found them totally useless, both times they directed me to call the Samsung phone support. Phone support wasn't any better, just told me that they don't support 3rd party products... but wait a sec... isn't the sd card a 3rd party product? The phone was built to work with those...

I strongly urge anyone with a problem to contact Samsung, and if there is a way to fix this with an update, then hopefully they will. If not then perhaps they will fix it for the next gen phone.

Just got off the phone with Skull Candy and Samsung support, Samsung was useless but Skull Candy said there is an issue with the Skull Candy headsets not working on Samsung S3 phones. This is an issue with Samsung, they changed something within the mic configuration and now a lot of brands of inline mic earphones don't work properly. It is not a wiring issue it's a software issue and Samsung is working on an app to allow these other earphones to have full functionality. Please contact Samsung about this problem, the more complaints they get the faster we will get a fix! Here is the link to contact Samsung...
    Last edited by Zac13; 02-01-2013 at 02:07 PM. Reason: UPDATED

Try searching the forum. I think there's an app available now that some people have recommended that will solve the issue.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

Klipsh Image S4A. One of the best sounding earphones under $75. Its got Android functionality also.

I was looking at ear buds at Best Buy yesterday, and noticed they had some Sony's labeled as "for Android phones." Have no idea how they'll work with a GS3.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    I was looking at ear buds at Best Buy yesterday, and noticed they had some Sony's labeled as "for Android phones." Have no idea how they'll work with a GS3.
    I have a pair of the Sony MH1C ear buds, and they work fine with my GS3, including calls.