Handcent vs default messaging notifications

frohoss

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm speaking specifically about the text notification that pops up on the unlock screen that you can drag the message icon to directly open the text within the default messaging app.

Anyway, is it possible to set this option to open the text within the handcent app instead of the default messaging app?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
i dont use handcent but im just guessing if u go to settings, app manager, ALL, messanger, clear defaults... then the next time u tap on the popup, it should ask u what app it wants to use and u could check the box and tap handcent? thats a complete guess though but worth a try

frohoss

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the thought but it didn't work. Still just opening the default messaging app.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

frohoss

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
hmm. have u tried disabling the default messanger?

Within the application manager - all - messaging app the "disable" option is grayed so it won't allow me to disable it.

However, I can go into the messaging app settings and disable "notifications" but when I do I don't get the swipeable message icon to pop up on my unlock screen when i receive a text.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Open Handcent click application settings. Default messenger. Set it as all (sms & mms). This might do the charm although I haven't used the stock lock screen since the first day I got it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: frohoss

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Open Handcent click application settings. Default messenger. Set it as all (sms & mms). This might do the charm although I haven't used the stock lock screen since the first day I got it.

yeah that sounds like it should work man but clearing defaults didnt so i dunno. i also used the stock locker once and once only lol.
i thought stock messanger could be disabled. il have a look.....

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Within the application manager - all - messaging app the "disable" option is grayed so it won't allow me to disable it.

However, I can go into the messaging app settings and disable "notifications" but when I do I don't get the swipeable message icon to pop up on my unlock screen when i receive a text.

actualy that thing ur getting on lock screen must be part of the stock app so disabling it wouldnt help. theres another thread on here about getting repliable sms pop-ups on your lock screen though so u should check that out man

Reactions: frohoss

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
http://db.tt/5NUkfzyg

stock messanger can be disabled but i dont know why i HAVENT disabled mine.... im wondering if maybe it messes things up when its disabled?

Yeah I thought so. I'm not sure though. I haven't disabled mine but I wonder if it could save more battery and memory since the phone wouldn't be saving messages and getting the message in two different apps.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I thought so. I'm not sure though. I haven't disabled mine but I wonder if it could save more battery and memory since the phone wouldn't be saving messages and getting the message in two different apps.

when i first got ICS, way before i had the s3, i disabled every stock app i didnt use and i have a feeling Go Sms wouldnt work with stock Messages disabled and thats maybe why i havent disabled it on the s3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze