flash player not working on new Galaxy S3

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Does Samsung automatically update the device when it comes out? Or do you have to do it yourself?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
go to "about device">check for updates. if youre deparate to get it sooner once its released. sammy or your carrier will eventualy push a message to you anyway askin you to charge ur phone and install it :)

Bama1113

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Know that newer galaxy phones are no longer having flash player installed and are not compatible with it. Was an apple user but went to android.3 weeks ago. Big difference like android better but hate not having flash.:mad:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Know that newer galaxy phones are no longer having flash player installed and are not compatible with it. Was an apple user but went to android.3 weeks ago. Big difference like android better but hate not having flash.:mad:

samsung have confirmed that the s3 JB update will keep Flash :) it does work on JB with certain browsers.. Firefox is one that i know of :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess ;)

Axmrdr

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded it from here:
How to manually install Adobe Flash Player on your Android device | Android Central

And the videos that seems to work on YouTube in the desktop version, are the videos from the users home page, the page that doesn't include comments, but if I were to search for it, and the video screen appears with the comments at the bottom, it wouldn't work...

Thanks for posting - works good for me. Had to download directly from Adobe using archives since my browser kept trying to send me to Google Play.

sammiagalac

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for posting - works good for me. Had to download directly from Adobe using archives since my browser kept trying to send me to Google Play.

Your welcome, the only problem is that it can't get updated like the versions that were pre-installed on the devices...

disneymagik

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
To sammiagalac:
Thank you very much for posting this! Adobe Flash Player was removed Google Play Store after Aug 15, 2012 which is the same day I got my galaxy s3. Anyone who has it already installed will get any future updates, but it is no longer available for new downloads. Had I known that it was going to be gone after that day & it wasn't already installed I would've done it asap, but I found out just after midnite which really sucked. But I followed the link you posted & VOILA!
Thanks again!
♡Heidi♡
aka - disneymagik

Last edited:

sammiagalac

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
To sammiagalac:
Thank you very much for posting this! Adobe Flash Player was removed Google Play Store after Aug 15, 2012 which is the same day I got my galaxy s3. Anyone who has it already installed will get any future updates, but it is no longer available for new downloads. Had I known that it was going to be gone after that day & it wasn't already installed I would've done it asap, but I found out just after midnite which really sucked. But I followed the link you posted & VOILA!
Thanks again!
♡Heidi♡
aka - disneymagik

Your welcome

Logickz

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Looks like most everyone got it resolved. For those who still haven't been able to get Flash Player can go here --->Archived Flash Player versions

Just scroll down to Flash Player for Android 4.0 archives and download the first one. Your phone needs to have the "Unknown Sources" box checked under security to be able to download it on the phone itself. Keep in mind that you need to use a browser that supports flash i.e Firefox, Dolphin, or S3 stock browser.

LuciferFCS

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Dude... i love you. ive spent the last 2 hours trying to figure out this GS3 flash issue - THIS LINK WORKS ON FRESH INSTALLS OF gs3 running android 4.0.4 with no previous version of Adobe flash. when you click this link - open it in the Website NOT google.play - this will let you login and send the install to your phone.

sammiagalac

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
what i can do if flash player is not working

Well at first for me, I tried different flash player downloads from different sources and they didn't work. But then I found one that did work for me. I posted that website where to download it from on this thread. If that doesn't work for you, try looking for other downloads.

JdandCoke

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Sorry if this has been pointed out before (I admit not reading the whole thread) but I went to the plug-in achieve at:

Archived Flash Player versions

Scrolled down to Flash Player for Android 4.0 archives and downloaded version: Flash Player 11.1.for Android 4.0 (11.1.115.20)
Just make sure allowing install from unknown sources is enabled by going into settings/security on your phone.

Open the apps draw and opened the ?downloads? app and opened the file and it installed. Works no problem.

Again sorry if this has been mentioned before

Regards

JD :)

Scuders

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
ive just had a thought man. is the browser youre using flash compatible??
download Firefox browser and try on that

Perfect thankyou! I had exactly the same problem and was worried it was because it's the 4g LTE [which is VERY exciting!] but it seems to work lovely now cheers!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney